Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur HTA35R/Pruven Performance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur HTA35R/Pruven Performance

Where to begin...
I have spent a lot of money in the past month and finally thanks to Buschur and Pruven my car has become a reality.

I know...its not done yet. I desperately need a standalone since 1000cc injectors on the stock ecu is rough to say the least. I give Dan a lot of credit at Pruven to reach the tune he has considering the stock ecu is just not cut out for this kind of injector.

This all started with a great hook up from Jarod getting me a good deal on Trent's 35r kit with headers. Than a long month of waiting for HTA35r treatment from FP.

During all of this Pruven installed a ix lsd, HKS twin clutch, and an HKS DLI II.

Anyway Pruven has had some crap flung at them recently but Dan is a stand up guy and his fabrication work is plan sick. He fabed me the intake pipe on the car so I could run the stock maf and also extended the dump tube under the car running along side my downpipe to avoid cutting or burning my splitter. Also, he cut the back tip completely off my exhaust and reworked a new pipe with the old tip to make the muffler finally look nice with my jdm ix rear.

Dan at Pruven also tuned the car....and yes we both new 1000 injectors on the stock ecu would be tough to say the least. The idle is a little rough and the car is richer than I would like but for the parameters he is working with I think it is a hell of a tune. Again John and Dan at Pruven are stand up guys and the shop really turns out some crazy projects.

As far as Buschur goes Jarod and David must know how I feel about their products since my car is a poster child for thier company.
BR Race front mount
BR upper and lower innercooler pipes
BR turbo back
BR HTA35r w/ tubular header
BR/SMC trunk mount alky kit
BR cone filter
etc.etc......

Also, Bishop motorsports did my Coilover install with corner balance and alignement. Kyle is a great guy as well and the car handles insanely thanks to him.

On with the pics

504whp.....408wtq
Stock block
Stock head
Stock intake manifold
Stock throttle body
Stock ecu
28psi....100% alky

Here are two vids of the car. Im using a horribly old camera to take pictures and videos so please be kind to the artistic sadness.
youtube vid of dyno run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ac2JesxaY0

youtube vid of car at idle walk around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvqnqjg452c

Thanks again to everyone involved in this project. I know the turbo is laggy on the dyno but remember im running the stock ecu and the car is rich for now. I will say it pulls insanely up top IMO. The fastest car I had ever driven was my former setup at 367whp so this is slightly more satisfying.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love it!! very nice!

Lets see what she runs?!?

HEY what housing?

What dyno?

Last edited by CA$H; Apr 17, 2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Looks great! Congrats!

I would look into recirculating that bov though... Its going to hurt you on each shift.

Cheers!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:35 PM

Looks mean and clean. I am happy for you. I can't wait until next week when i get a ride. That car has to be one of the most well rounded evo's i have seen. Incredible suspension setup, great street tires/wheel combo and awesome power for the street, and looks to kill! Congrats my friend!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joegem5
Looks mean and clean. I am happy for you. I can't wait until next week when i get a ride. That car has to be one of the most well rounded evo's i have seen. Incredible suspension setup, great street tires/wheel combo and awesome power for the street, and looks to kill! Congrats my friend!
Thanks man...it means alot. It will be interesting to see what you think of the power....its no 800whp z06....but give me a year to build the engine and go to a standalone....than this car will be a monster.
Actually the hell with that....its a monster right now.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

nice
Evolved Member

nice.....now hit the track .

Looking good man, thumbs up to Dan @ Pruven for doing some great work. I'll admit im pretty sick of that drive to milford but its all well worth it. Congrats!

Nothing like surprising a few bikes on the ride home as well
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Does Dan still have that black Evo with the flames?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedlegacy
Looking good man, thumbs up to Dan @ Pruven for doing some great work. I'll admit im pretty sick of that drive to milford but its all well worth it. Congrats!

Nothing like surprising a few bikes on the ride home as well
Thanks kid.....if it wasn't for your taxi service this car would have never been done. Yeah, racing crotch rockets with a 4 banger is just hilarious.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warp9
Does Dan still have that black Evo with the flames?
Yeah....its still at the shop. He is so busy on customers cars he hasn't worked on his own in a long time. Someday it will be back at the track im sure.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

nice man
+1 Jarrod's costumers service. right now I'm expecting some little things from buschur like S3 head,JE Pistons, Crower Rods, and 65mm TB

BR FTW
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

So you have Trents old setup. Are those his rims and tires?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warp9
So you have Trents old setup. Are those his rims and tires?
No.....everything on my car is brand new. The only thing used was the waist gate, header, dump tube, and 35R......which I sent to FP to be converted into the HTA35r. Jarod and Trent hooked me up when I was going to buy a new HTA35R kit....and I was in the right place at the right time.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

what turbo housing? What dyno?