Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Thank You DTM!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have any video clips or any sort of media available?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by version 2 beta
Come on now we can all get along like good friends?
Originally Posted by 34Turbo
Sure, when hell freezes over. I'll come over for some sushi, and not the japanese kind
I actually don't find what he posted to be offensive at all. I have to admit I jabbed a bit at him and he responded with what I found to be quite funny considering recent events not involving him. I actually don't think he is really being negative towards us, some of the jokes need history of others on this site to truly make sense.

34Turbo, we know we are one of the best!

In regards to the rest of the thread, back on topic. Great numbers for a great car with a great owner.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

awesome results......
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PharmEcis
I actually don't find what he posted to be offensive at all. I have to admit I jabbed a bit at him and he responded with what I found to be quite funny considering recent events not involving him. I actually don't think he is really being negative towards us, some of the jokes need history of others on this site to truly make sense.

34Turbo, we know we are one of the best!

In regards to the rest of the thread, back on topic. Great numbers for a great car with a great owner.
Thank you bud, I appreciate that. I asked why there was so much lag and he explained which made a lot of sense. I always do get stuck in events that don't involve me. Somehow other people's history got my thread closed but who is counting... Cheers for manning up
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

I found the joke about the guy from Wakeman, OH and his servant Al to be quite hilarious.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

I found the joke about the guy from Wakeman, OH and his servant Al to be quite hilarious.
Oh, I know And you said what I wanted you to say This should make things interesting in the future.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Nory, can't wait for a ride and numbers at the track dude... hopefully the, "Yellow EVO Curse" has been exorcised!
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats Nory, let me know when you head to the track.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Oh, I know And you said what I wanted you to say This should make things interesting in the future.
Don't worry, I never say anything unless I want to!
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Great numbers but at what psi?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats, nice numbers.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Liqquid
I'll have to let DTM answer but my guess would be 20 at most. Nick set my car up the same way (10 lb spring 16 psi) so I could put some miles on it and not be tempted to push the new motor to far while breaking in.

Congrats Nory. Bet it feels good to finally be running like its supposed to.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 06:25 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by YellowEvilEvo
I Finally got my car back from DTM and all I can say is WOW! The ran runs like a beast. To make a long story kinda short, I had a SBR 2.1L that was built for Curt Brown and wile it lasted me about 25k miles it was getting ready to go on me. I took the car in for a twin scroll turbo kit and got a complete build. Needless to say I ended up with a complete DTM build.

DTM 2.3L Motor
DTM Race Ported Head
DTM Twin Scroll Turbo Kit (37r)
DTM LICP

This is a step down from my GT40R kit. The car pulls harder now with the smaller twin scroll set up than it did with the 40R. It also has no lag between shifts and climbs up faster than I can shift the freaking thing.

I want to thank Nick and the DTM crew for having taken care of me and my car. I also want to thank Nick for the extra parts and exceptional service. The car put down 460 on DTM's Mustang Dyno and 400 tq. on pump gas...

Here is the corrected Dyno Sheet:

Nory, Thank You for the opportunity to get your back to its rightful condition. We go pretty far back in this Evo world, so it was a pleasure to work with you again.
Enjoy the car and we will talk soon.

Originally Posted by Exciting News
Nick is a great tuner and a cool guy. You have a beast.

I've wondered what "Filter value" means. I've seen different numbers on different Mustang charts.

The filter value is used for many reasons, but I only have one. The curve tells me alot about how the vehicle is reacting under certain load conditions. I can correlate what the the dyno tells me to the data I log with the AEM. Any sharp dips or spikes and we can diagnose whether we have any knock activity present in the run. The lower the filter value the more raw of a figure we see.

You are not allowed to use the "lords" name in vain. Just keep it to first name Wakeman and last name Ohio.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies.

To your credit, one of your threads got killed a while back and I can appreciate your distaste. Just do me a favor and bash me directly in one of my threads.
Nory doesn't deserve any banter. Personally we have never met, so any reference to "screwing people" should be left to a minimum as your research needs to be deeper than 3rd party info.

Originally Posted by Liqquid
Nory's car will run 24 psi in third and will reach 26 in the higher gears.

Originally Posted by 04WWRS
I'll have to let DTM answer but my guess would be 20 at most. Nick set my car up the same way (10 lb spring 16 psi) so I could put some miles on it and not be tempted to push the new motor to far while breaking in.

Congrats Nory. Bet it feels good to finally be running like its supposed to.
Yes at 20 he made 417. But as the temperature in the shop got warmer it took more boost to make more power. It is quite amazing to see that this turbo STILL is not in its optimal range of efficient flow. It really shines at 35 psi. the problem is that he needs more than just one fuel pump. At 35 psi he should easily see 580 on our dyno.
****, we could have set another pump gas record with the stock intake mani
Old Apr 24, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DTM
Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies.

To your credit, one of your threads got killed a while back and I can appreciate your distaste. Just do me a favor and bash me directly in one of my threads.
Nory doesn't deserve any banter. Personally we have never met, so any reference to "screwing people" should be left to a minimum as your research needs to be deeper than 3rd party info.
Hey brosky I don't know if you read the whole thread but I just said the turbo had lag which I was right about. Full spool at 5.9K with a 2.3 and head work? I still said good numbers just so someone wouldn't cry from the camp. Then he explained why and it made good sense. BUT, once again, one of your goons had to come out and try to take a shot at me using "3rd party information" and then you complain that I bite back and hide behind the fact that its Nory's thread. I got nothing against him. He seems to be a stand up guy. Honesty is such a lonely word for you so stick to hypocracy...

BTW, I was the guy helping fixing memo's first evo and had to pick him up after he broke down when you sold him that pos hybrid turbo kit of yours then claimed that it was a different Nick after opening up dtm. So, I don't need to do much research to change my perception. Remember, perception ends up being reality...

Keep the cookies. You're gonna need them to keep your goons around when its time for chapter 9 again...

Last edited by 34Turbo; Apr 24, 2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts