Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My Car Tuned By Reese In San Diego, CA--Results

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Car Tuned By Reese In San Diego, CA--Results

Hello boys and girls, finally after having my Evo for almost 2 yrs I finally found someone I trusted in my area to even go near my car, let alone tune it. Reese Tuning is a God Send for all of us in San Diego, and Imperial Counties in Southern California. First off, about 2 months ago, I went to James Reese shop in Santee to get a baseline on my car. My car pulled 251hp and 258tq at the wheels on a completely stock Evo 9 MR, even down to the paper air filter. Yesterday, James and Allen, with help from Clint installed the following: New boost cylinoid, K&N drop in filter, Bucsher 3" Turbo Back with Hi-flo cat, and Magnaflow muffler, along with a James Reese Custom 2 3/4" LICP. Then the rest was up to James Reese to plug and play on the computer along with about 20-30 Dyno pulls to iron out the wrinkles. With that said, average was 314whp, and 340wtq on 91 pump gas!!! Its just astonishing, and no I do not have the figures reversed. haha. James and Allen worked on my car till 1am and I cannot tell you how devoted these guys are. Just for giggles Allen took my air box cover off and did a dyno pull with just the panel filter sitting there and showed 11hp increase at the wheels!! I think Allen was proving a point to me, simply that, I need to get a MAF pipe and conical filter and tune the car again. I will, but $$$$ is tight like everyone else, so for a first stage 1 for me this is just awesome. The car runs smoother, is quiet, and if you floor the thing (better wear a diaper) this car will lift up and BOOGIE BABY YEAH!!!! Just wanted to give props to a crew at Reese Tuning that is not only professional, knowledgable, but are Careful. Car has much more potential I know, but WOW. Says it all..............Thanks James and Allen.

Last edited by Jeffs2006EVOIX; May 11, 2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old May 1, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

awesome!
Old May 1, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Nice numbers!!! How much was the total cost for a tune???

Originally Posted by Jeffs2006EVOIX
Hello boys and girls, finally after having my Evo for almost 2 yrs I finally found someone I trusted in my area to even go near my car, let alone tune it. Reese Tuning is a God Send for all of us in San Diego, and Imperial Counties in Southern California. First off, about 2 months ago, I went to James Reese shop in Santee to get a baseline on my car. My car pulled 251hp and 258tq at the wheels on a completely stock Evo 9 MR, even down to the paper air filter. Yesterday, James and Allen, with help from Clint installed the following: New boost cylinoid, K&N drop in filter, Bucsher 3" Turbo Back with Hi-flo cat, and Magnaflow muffler, along with a James Reese Custom 2 3/4" LICP. Then the rest was up to James Reese to plug and play on the computer along with about 20-30 Dyno pulls to iron out the wrinkles. With that said, average was 310whp, and 340wtq on 91 pump gas!!! Its just astonishing, and no I do not have the figures reversed. haha. James and Allen worked on my car till 1am and I cannot tell you how devoted these guys are. Just for giggles Allen took my air box cover off and did a dyno pull with just the panel filter sitting there and showed 11hp increase at the wheels!! I think Allen was proving a point to me, simply that, I need to get a MAF pipe and conical filter and tune the car again. I will, but $$$$ is tight like everyone else, so for a first stage 1 for me this is just awesome. The car runs smoother, is quiet, and if you floor the thing (better wear a diaper) this car will lift up and BOOGIE BABY YEAH!!!! Just wanted to give props to a crew at Reese Tuning that is not only professional, knowledgable, but are Careful. Car has much more potential I know, but WOW. Says it all..............Thanks James and Allen.
Old May 2, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

the post

$400 for the tune I believe..now that is tuned on the dynojet not a mail in thing...the whole package was around $1700 installed! I thought it was a great deal! I did bring my own k&n drop in filter though....
Old May 3, 2008, 07:55 AM

damn..congrats that new powa
Old May 3, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn nice!I need to get my car tuned as well.I want to see what I can make with a tune.Great numbers!
Old May 8, 2008, 01:48 PM

Thank you for the kind words. We do strive to meet everyones needs.

James Reese
Old May 8, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Sweet, makes me feel a whole lot better if I ever decide to move back home. The fact that your a Buschur dealer is even better How would you guys like to tune a fully built Buschur Stage 3 2.0 with Stage 3 head and 20G9-LT. Im sure Alan would be up to the task

Last edited by SLVRNBLK; May 9, 2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old May 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

My Post

Been several weeks now with my Car Tuned by Reese Tuning in San Diego, and thought I would give you all a real driven daily update on my car. I just must say that its amazing at the capabilities of the Evo to start with. Second, you have to have people that know what they are doing to really keep your car reliable, safe, and fun to drive. Often, we all "think" we can do stuff ourselves, then you go to a shop and they re-do all your work because a bolt was not done right here, something wasn't positioned right there, wrong BOV with that pipe, ect. Sometimes you have to bow down to the guru's and that is what I did. I have built some Honda engines in my past, tinkered on my DSM Eclipse GST and got the Evo and pee'd on myself. I think its just great respect for the car that I was actually afraid to do anything to it. In fear that I may mess it up in a very expensive way. I am so glad I found James on this Board a while back who now owns and runs "Reese Tuning" in Santee, CA. I am very picky with my car, and I know it has a nick there, a small scratch there, but those are battle scars so I live with them. But I do not like a shop messing with my car and getting sctratches dents ect that way. James and his Crew there, are very careful and very knowledgable, and treat you like famly. So I must give them the props they deserve. Now for the update. My car basically is a new car. It is so amazing how the car is I just have people drive it, and it says it all. Power anytime, anwhere you need it. I can be in 6th gear at 2500rpm's and hit it and your head goes into the seat, as stock, you would be waiting for the tach to move up saying "come on baby, come on baby" or you say screw it and drop it a gear or 2 then take off. But thats the thing, I dont have to do that. I can be in 6th and the car has so much torque that it pulls strong at virtually any RPM. When you do get on it, the freeway for example, you cant help but smile because the car just GO"S. I mean third gear is frickin ridicoulous!! Just nail the throttle and hold on....and don't forget to change your diaper when you get home. To top it all off, the car idles smoother, gets on average 20mpg going to and from work, which is same as stock if you can believe it!! So Thank You Reese Tuning!! Now, I am saving up some bread for the next stage. I'm thinking Bucsher MAF pipe with filter, Fuel pump, and injectors, Head Studs, and of course, James to tune it again. But how the car is right now, honestly is nice, so smooth, its just amazes me everyday I drive it.

If you don't stand behind our troops........Then try standing in front of them...

Last edited by Jeffs2006EVOIX; May 11, 2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old May 12, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

cool man, can you post up a dyno sheet?

Last edited by Turbo_Saloon; May 12, 2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:38 PM

+1 for Alan and James.
Old May 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crand002
+1 for Alan and James.