Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur Race FMIC and LICP

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Buschur Race FMIC and LICP

Jrod at Buschurs was great to deal with, and the parts got here very quickly, especially considering that they had to build the IC first!

The parts came packed excellent, with these plastic pieces to protect the inlet and outlet..

Installation was a bit tougher than I had expected, It took a few tries to get the LICP aligned right to get the best fit on the couplers, but it seems to be holding just fine right now, I used hairspray on the couplers to get a little bit better hold.

On the drivers side, I was not sure if the intercooler was suppose to come with a new coupler, but It was late at night so instead of waiting till Monday to call, I decided to try to use the factory curved piece, so far so good, took a bit of realigning the stock upper pipe, but in the end it was worth the effort!

The stock crash beam would require some trimming to fit back on, so far I have not done that. The front plastics did not need too much work, it buttoned up nicely!

I possibly might get on a dyno later this week, but I've done a couple other things since my last trip so it won't be too accurate before/after... however seat of the pants feels like its pulling a little better on the top end, haven't done any data logs just yet.

I cannot stress how important it is for a shop to display good customer service, and Buschur provided just that. I have ordered from them four times or so now and each time the phone is answered immediately, the parts are shipped quickly, and my questions are answered in a timely fashion, and honestly. The reason I bring this up is because in my recent shopping for parts, I have come across more than once a shop that does not answer the phone, or takes forever to answer questions. If I'm calling you trying to give you money, and you won't answer the phone, what happens if something breaks? I'm not worried about that with Buschur, and that's a big in my book!

Old May 18, 2008, 08:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur is top notch! You made the right decision.
Old May 18, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Buschur gets a from me as well. I've had great sucess ordering through them numerous times!

That Race FMIC is huge!
Old May 19, 2008, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
That Race FMIC is huge!
I test drove it around the neighborhood and went to the store with the lower plastic off Every single person I passed was staring, it was almost like driving the catbus!

Old May 19, 2008, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Congrad's ..Buschur Racing
Old May 19, 2008, 06:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the post and the kind words. Im glad you're happy with your purchase. You're welcome! Thats what we're here for.

That front crash bar should go back on without to much issue. You may just need a washer or 2 to space it out some. Just FYI.

Thank you again for your support.
Old May 19, 2008, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, I can try the washers... didn't even think of that! I'll try it tomorrow
Old May 20, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Looks sweet. I have the BR standard now but re-placing with the Race real soon.