Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My Ets and Gsc thoughts. Review.

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ets and Gsc thoughts. Review.

Aside from myself its still great to see great products and excellent customer service. I have been around Evo's since 03. I have delt with many aftermarket people. Seen alot come and go. I can say with out a doubt by far, these are 2 of the nicest companies I have ever worked with.

Untuned with ets 3 inch i/c upper short pipe, and lower i/c pipe. Gsc S1 cams.

EtsTom and the rest of the crowd there make stuff that fits. I have installed many pipes and i/c's on customer cars and my 2 evo's. Absolutely everything else I have installed does not come close to the quality of these kits. Killer pricing, top notch fit and customer service. I dont ball lick, I give props where they are due.

Along with my ets products I bought gsc s1 cams through Ets. I had a few tech questions that needed to be answered cause of my OCD. Every single person at Gsc is great. Unlike what I deal with everyday being a vendor. So many manufacturers could care less about support. Not with gsc. I have personally delt with Travis, and Greg. Outstanding guys.

These cams have a little lopey idle, not to annoying, just right for almost anyone. Me, I need a idle that produces no vacuum and rumbles like a bastard. So I will be upgrading my cams to s2's. Just for that reason. Power wise there great. From 3000 rpms up this car is so much better.

As far as cam specs, they were dead on. I mic'd everything.

Both companies deliver solid products.
Before this upgrade my girls stage 2 srt would just destroy me in 3rd and 4th gear. Not anymore. Only running 19 psi I would swear she never even touched the gas pedal. I finnally made up for the all the extra weight of adding my train horns. Now of course this isnt HARD DYNO numbers everyone so desperatly needs. I am not going to tune it till I get s2 cams. But from now on I only reccommened these 2 companies to others and my customers.

Thank you very much guys.

I would get a idle video but since I have no cat or muffler my car is too loud to get a good sounding video.

Maybe one day tom will do me a write up.

Last edited by Curt@MrLed; May 22, 2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old May 20, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So clean...good work!
Old May 20, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Farmer your car is sick. ETS FTW
Old May 20, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Well executed, and very good taste! A+++++++++
Old May 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, everything about ETS is great, that is for sure. There is a reason I have all their products. As far as GSC, I had their cams on my Evo VIII and I loved them, so props to Greg and the bunch as well.
Farmer, your car looks awesome, now you just need to get rid of the stock intake pipe so match all the piping.
Old May 20, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

ETS is one of the best vendors out in the market today with excellent products and awesome customer service, and this is why i run all of their products.
Old May 20, 2008, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor

As soon as I get the car tuned I will switch that pipe out. I just dont need the headache of the maf running the car rich.
Old May 21, 2008, 06:40 AM
Former Vendor

Bump.
Old May 21, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Very nice! Tom and Greg both are very down to earth. Well Greg at GSC likes his chicks large tho

Everyone there at ETS takes allot of pride in the workmanship
Old May 21, 2008, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The car blows me away every time you post pics Curt, so clean! The polished endtanks look awesome and the engine bay is just sick. Thanks for the kind words, it's always good even just chatting. I need the motivation to put in all the detail work you've done on mine, want to come over and help?

Tom
Old May 21, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Yea Farmer I couldnt agree with you more. I use to mix and match my parts on my car and a local friend of mine turned my eyes to ETS because of their intercooler sale. So I said what the heck and I talked to those guys and they had by far the best customer service. Those guys especially Tom still knows my name when I call to get information on products as well as they treat you with so much respect when youre talking to them. There not trying to rush you off the phone or make you spend your money on unecessary products but actually thei to help you with your build. Ive bought intake, UICP,LICP,FMIC and MINI BATTERY from these guys

On another note GSC rocks with out a doubt. They helped me make my decision for S2 on a stock 9 turbo and I dont regret it. When I bought ther springs and retainers I was missing retainers (BECAUSE OF SHIPPING MY BOX WAS BROKEN IN HALF) they checked their inventory and even thought there inventory was right they sent me out another set that got to me in 2 days.

Dont want to steal this thread but i will like to thank yall again and FARMER you have a clean car man

Last edited by jhanksevo; May 21, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old May 21, 2008, 10:24 AM
Account Disabled

Very nice!! cant go wrong with ETS!
Old May 21, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jhanksevo
Yea Farmer I couldnt agree with you more. I use to mix and match my parts on my car and a local friend of mine turned my eyes to ETS because of their intercooler sale. So I said what the heck and I talked to those guys and they had by far the best customer service. Those guys especially Tom still knows my name when I call to get information on products as well as they treat you with so much respect when youre talking to them. There not trying to rush you off the phone or make you spend your money on unecessary products but actually thei to help you with your build. Ive bought intake, UICP,LICP,FMIC and MINI BATTERY from these guys

Ahhhh ha! You finally admit that I turned you on to ETS!
Old May 21, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

i didnt say who
Old May 21, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

You're dead to me!

Quick Reply: My Ets and Gsc thoughts. Review.