Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Back ordered items Q

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2008, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back ordered items Q

Unless otherwise informed, what is your normal expectation for on-line vendors when a usually stocked part is out-of-stock?

1. When you place your order it goes into back-order status. When the part is again in stock, it is shipped and billed to your VISA, Paypal, etc.

2. When you place your order it is immediately charged to your VISA, Paypal, etc. and is later shipped when it is again in stock.

Old Jun 2, 2008, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on the vendor. But the better vendors use option #1. Option one also gives you a hassle free way to cancel the backorder if you decide not to wait.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with you, shadow.

However, if #1 is the normal expectation of consumers and #2 is the normal expectation of vendors, do you see the disconnect?

I'm simply trying to determine what the average EVO consumer expects when they order items online. And, conversly, what does the average EVO online vender expect to do when they are out of stock on an item.

I was hoping to hear from both sides of the aisle, so to speak. I guess this subject matter is not a high priority.

Old Jun 2, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Totally depends on the vendor. Unfortunately, most vendors do not post this info on their websites. A lot of vendors follow #2. The better vendors that follow #2 will call or email you to make sure that the backorder is OK. JSCSpeed and CVR Motorsports are like that. They are very good to deal with. On the other hand, Lancershop will never contact you.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

What I do with backorders is contact you initially to make sure you are OK with the wait time and then go the #1 route. It is hassle free on my part and the customer's in case a customer abruptly decides they no longer wish to wait for the part and ask to cancel.

The policy also depends on the item in question, however. If the item has to be imported from Japan or is just a rare item in general, this part will follow scenario #2 where you are charged in full for the item and cancellations are not permitted without a consequential charge.

In both scenarios, the customer is made aware of the backorder as soon as possible.

Last edited by 201Motorsports; Jun 2, 2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Atrocious grammar that needed fixing!!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 03:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 201Motorsports
What I do with backorders is contact you initially to make sure you are OK with the wait time and then go the #1 route. It is hassle free on my part and the customer's in case a customer abruptly decides they no longer wish to wait for the part and ask to cancel.

The policy also depends on the item in question, however. If the item has to be imported from Japan or is just a rare item in general, this part will follow scenario #2 where you are charged in full for the item and cancellations are not permitted without a consequential charge.

In both scenarios, the customer is made aware of the backorder as soon as possible.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Cool. We need more vendors to step up to the plate with great customer service!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

i don't mind either as long as the customer service is there. unfortunately i'm dealing with a well known, well respected vendor here right now and am extremely disappointed in the experience so far.

in short, i was quoted an incorrect price. i paid, then got an email that i still owed almost $80 more... i said fine since it was still a whole $5 cheaper than a local shop. 5 days pass and i get no email or PM response... i finally get a hold of them and am informed my part is on backorder... news to me. no idea when i'll get it still but i was charged almost a week ago.

and another vendor quoted me a price here, then i saw the same part on ebay selling for cheaper... i bought it on ebay and saw their name in my paypal acct... real evom loyalty right there. i feel like blowing up their spot because people here are paying more, but i won't...

sorry for the rant, but in a short time i've lost interest in dealing with vendors here... if i do it again it won't be too soon.