Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review: GTworx, Whiteline, Cusco

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice update Matt. When is the next autocross in Alabama?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Other than the GTWorx springs (I'm on Spec-Rs), this is almost exactly the same setup I am going for.

Have you thought about the RCK or Perrin PSRS?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chem, the next event for ALSCCA is Sunday. There is a TVR (Hintsville guys) on Saturday that a lot of our guys are attending. It's a North v. South thing that we started last year.

Charon, I've considered the RCK, but I don't think I really need it. The ride height hadn't changed much in the front with the camber plates making up some of the difference. Also, my car is actually prepped for BSP, and the roll center kits are not legal for that class. I just run SM locally for competition as not many people run BSP.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

I saw that event after looking on the ALSCCA website. Unfortunately I'm going back to the house this weekend in Tennessee. The RCK is also what bumped me from BSP to SM.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 07:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
these springs are back in production and we will have them back in stock before christmas.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TouringBubble, can you please update us on how your suspension is doing and comment on the wear of your tires with your alignment setup? I know you drive the car daily and that's why I was curious as to how everything was working out.

I'm currently running the GTWorx springs on my OEM MR Bilsteins and love them. I was fortunate to come upon this thread because this is pretty much the exact same setup I've wanted to finally end up with.
GTWorx Springs, Whiteline 26mmF/24mmR, Camber Plates, Perrin Stout Mounts, with the addition of the Perrin PSRS and some bushings as well.

Thanks!

-Jalal
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
A question on the Whiteline bars.

What made you choose to go with the 24mm rear bar with the 26mm unit as opposed to the 22mm rear Whiteline bar?

The reason I ask is I am looking for a front and rear bar that offers a similar proportional increase to the OEM units. I've been in contact to Whiteline and was told the 22mm rear is most "balanced" compared to the 26mm front and both offer a similar % increase in stiffness over their respective OEM counterparts.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
A question on the Whiteline bars.

What made you choose to go with the 24mm rear bar with the 26mm unit as opposed to the 22mm rear Whiteline bar?

The reason I ask is I am looking for a front and rear bar that offers a similar proportional increase to the OEM units. I've been in contact to Whiteline and was told the 22mm rear is most "balanced" compared to the 26mm front and both offer a similar % increase in stiffness over their respective OEM counterparts.
We use the 26mm front and 24mm rear bar because we are not trying to have a proportional increase to stock.

The bigger rear bar gives you a little more front grip (they don't just take away rear grip).

Also keep in mind the 24mm rear on "soft" is roughly a 22mm. It gives you good adjustment over the balance of the car....works well on street, track, and auto-x.

I do think anything over 25mm is too big though.

- Andrew
Old Dec 14, 2009, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
We use the 26mm front and 24mm rear bar because we are not trying to have a proportional increase to stock.

The bigger rear bar gives you a little more front grip (they don't just take away rear grip).

Also keep in mind the 24mm rear on "soft" is roughly a 22mm. It gives you good adjustment over the balance of the car....works well on street, track, and auto-x.

I do think anything over 25mm is too big though.

- Andrew
Well, the Ohlins Gerrard-spec set-up I have was designed for the stock bars. Paul Gerrard recommended I go with a bigger bar set-up (with the softer springs I'll be running), but to keep the stiffness increase proportional to the stock bars.

I am guessing the Whiteline 22mm rear bar is stiffer than the OEM 22mm rear bar? And that the 26mm bar increases the front stiffness the same amount as the 22mm bar does to the rear?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 06:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Tough to say exactly how the 22mm WL bar compares to stock without taking measurements, but it is 3 position adjustable. Generally WL has the middle setting be similar to a solid bar of the given diameter, but there is always some wiggle room with that.

I know the full Gerrard set-up is very good. What are the softer rates you're going with?

- Andrew
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Tough to say exactly how the 22mm WL bar compares to stock without taking measurements, but it is 3 position adjustable. Generally WL has the middle setting be similar to a solid bar of the given diameter, but there is always some wiggle room with that.

I know the full Gerrard set-up is very good. What are the softer rates you're going with?

- Andrew
Based upon my discussions with Paul, 325lb Hyperco up front and 450lb Hyperco out back. My set-up also has the helper springs. Plus, Paul mentioned on the street the softer springs with stiffer bars will allow me to run the set up a little softer which will result in superior bump absorption (from a comfort perspective).

I am really excited to get this set-up on
Old Dec 15, 2009, 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor

That sounds great! If you did run the 24mm with that set-up i'd definitely start it on soft.

- Andrew
Old Dec 15, 2009, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
awsome write up! cannt wait to get mine on!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor

That sounds great! If you did run the 24mm with that set-up i'd definitely start it on soft.

- Andrew
My only concern is that the 22mm wouldn't be firm enough on the hardest setting and the 24mm wouldn't be soft enough on the softest setting. But oh well, that's what testing is for

-Erik
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:03 PM
Former Sponsor

I'd go with the 24mm...but that's just me!

Quick Reply: Review: GTworx, Whiteline, Cusco