Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review: GTworx, Whiteline, Cusco

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, I have a 25mm progress rear bar. I will try that on the softest setting. I can always add the 22mm whiteline if it doesn't work well with the 26mm front. Just checked and the rear bar was set on the stiffest setting...so there's room to work with
Old Jan 4, 2010, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^ nice.

These springs are back in stock! Finally.

Give us a call.

- Andrew
Old Jan 4, 2010, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Andrew, the cost of installing the front sway bar is ridiculous, and installing it is doable but a PITA. What other suspension modifications can a person do to really compliment the evo's handling with your springs?

-Jalal
Old Jan 4, 2010, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Bump for springs I would order if I didn't have coilovers lol
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Andrew, the cost of installing the front sway bar is ridiculous, and installing it is doable but a PITA. What other suspension modifications can a person do to really compliment the evo's handling with your springs?

-Jalal
+1 and whats the widest tire can someone slap on there without fender rolling on the stock rims.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:36 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Andrew, the cost of installing the front sway bar is ridiculous, and installing it is doable but a PITA.
IIRC, Cory from STM said that it took him ~1.5 hours to install my front bar.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
+1 and whats the widest tire can someone slap on there without fender rolling on the stock rims.
I'm dropped on GTWorx springs and I fit 18x9.5" +34 wheels with a 255/35R18 tire without any issues at all. No rubbing anywhere and I have not touched my fenders.

Originally Posted by FJF
IIRC, Cory from STM said that it took him ~1.5 hours to install my front bar.
And that's at his shop on a lift with air tools. Sheesh. Imagine someone ghetto rigging it with jackstands...

-Jalal
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:49 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

And that's at his shop on a lift with air tools. Sheesh. Imagine someone ghetto rigging it with jackstands...

-Jalal
I was just saying that 1.5 hours of shop time doesn't amount to a ridiculous cost, as asserted. OTOH, the benefits can be substantial. It all depends on what one values.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
I was just saying that 1.5 hours of shop time doesn't amount to a ridiculous cost, as asserted. OTOH, the benefits can be substantial. It all depends on what one values.
You're right. I guess it all depends on the quote you get and the shop you go to. When the time comes I'll shop around and see what happens.

I always have to figure out what all these acronyms are! LMAO.
IIRC, FWIW, OTOH, etc. The list goes on!

-Jalal
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor

-Jalal
Copied this from where i just posted it:

The Whiteline Geometry and bushing package i've posted is a solid and noticeable improvement. Very worthwhile. Bushings aren't exactly easy to install either but it's not too expensive to have a (good) shop do.

The rear bar by itself is okay to do IMO. For auto-x you might be lifting a wheel in tight corners without doing the front bar too, but for street and track on a mild setting (meaning not the 25 or 27mm huge bars) you'll be good to go.

I definitely prefer front and rear. Just the rear is fun

The other options would be camber plates, lightweight wheels, revalved Bilsteins. Hard to think of what else to do for a street friendly EVO.

Oh and seat time. Start saving money for track day's and brakes. We're going to try and have a GTWORX track day this season.

- Andrew

Last edited by GTWORX.com; Jan 5, 2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor

I should say that when you get good camber (-2 front or so), front and rear sway bars, our GTWORX springs, a couple of bushings, and even regular Bisltein HDs....it is an AWESOME set-up for street and light track or auto-x duty. Very fun, fast, and easy to drive on a variety of surfaces. And good ride quality....very drivable.

Even just the springs and dampers is such a nice set-up...the rest are just extra toppings.

As opposed to the stiff short travel coilovers with poor valving, which have firm rates and "feel" fast, but they don't perform well on anything but smooth roads and don't exactly beg you to drive the car fast in the real world.

We replaced a set of popular cheap coilovers (they were orange) and repalced with Bilstein HD and GTWORX springs, the guy was so happy that he could actually enjoy his car again.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor

i know a bunch of people got their springs this week as we have started production again...there should be a few more reviews popping up soon.

- andrew
Old Jan 24, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
did anyone install thier springs yet, and how wide of tires are they using without any rubbage or fender rolling?
Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

255's are easy, 265's are possible.

I'm not a huge wheel/tire guy...i'm happy with 245's for street and light track/auto-x. lame, i know.

- andrew
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great write up thank you

Quick Reply: Review: GTworx, Whiteline, Cusco