Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Pete Jr. and staff of DG Motors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pete Jr. and staff of DG Motors

Big thanks to Pete Jr. and staff of DG Motors in Lindenhurst, Ny!!

I cant stress enough the customer service along with the awsome work that they have done on my Evo!!! I had spoken and met up with Pete a couple of times down at our local race spot and he was very very very professional and friendly. He stood out most out of all the others just because of the fact that he didnt attack you for your business or anything of that sort. I cant thank him enough for installing my AEM meth kit both VERY clean and neatly. Car made some nice power on there low reading Dyno Dynamics, but come to find out I have some mechanical issues which they couldnt fix at the time (10-15psi low on 1 cylinder). They tuned it to the best of their ability and the car pulls like an animal on the street!

Pete, Im so glad that I took the time to get to know you and Im extremely happy I went to you for the install and tune! I cant wait to get my issue resolved and hopefully return to you guys and get some more power out of the bish!

I will give further details of how everything went down along with pictures of the install and maybe a video. Too late right now to go into detail.

Thank you so much Pete! Your number 1 in my book. Huge thumbs up to DG Motors as I recommend them to anyone in the Long Island/New York Area!!!!!

DG Motors FTMFW x1000000

Dan
Old Jul 10, 2008, 05:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure to work on your car.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These guys are currently working on my car and previously dynoed it beforehand. Nothing but great things to say theyve come thru with everything and i dont just trust anyone to work on my car, i highly recommended them to anyone. Im a customer now and il be a customer in the future as well.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by urslo4n8
These guys are currently working on my car and previously dynoed it beforehand. Nothing but great things to say theyve come thru with everything and i dont just trust anyone to work on my car, i highly recommended them to anyone. Im a customer now and il be a customer in the future as well.
Always a good experience working with you Tony. Your strait up Your car will be ready soon. Check your PM
Old Jul 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

I took pictures of the install they did last night, Im going to post up another yet more detailed review.

Pete is a great guy!!! Im letting them do my small build since I have a very tired motor...

DGMotors FTMFW!!!

Dan
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Picking up my car tommorow, Pete did a FANTASTIC job of tuning it...il post up the dyno numbers tommorow. Apparently the Cosworth cams and Intercooler surprised us all. Anyone on the Island or willing to take a short drive out to DG Motors will definetly be pleased. Petes a stand up guy and he's very informative about the work and tune he does. And he finished the work on my car in a timely fashion by staying late and getting the job done, Cant argue with that!
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks guys, I appreciate the great comments.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Here is my updated, more detailed review!

I called up Pete to get my meth kit installed and tuned about a week or 2 before it was going to get done. We scheduled for it to be on a Monday, so I called him up on Monday to confirm, and it was on! Pete knew my schedule didnt correspond with the hours of DG Motors since I work from 8-6 everyday. He told me to call him up after I got off work and I met up with him at 7:30pm on Monday to drop off the car.

He gave me a grand tour of the shop which I was extremely pleased. Nice shop! He was a very nice, informative, stand up guy! Showed me around the shop, some of the customers cars and there builds, even their "Heartbreaker" dyno!

He starts the install of my meth kit the next day, mounting the tank and pump, running the lines, whatnot. He got my 5 gallons of M1 Methanol since I couldnt get it with my work schedule. Also, the local hardware store was out of the brass fittings since I didnt provide them with my mac valve, so he had them next day aired!

He calls me up that day to let me know how everything went and how the install was going! A+ service!

Next day he went to test the kit, but since the active light that AEM provides was broken, he ran down to radioshack to get me an awsome bright red LED. He mounted it very nicely on my steering column pod right underneath my wideband. He dyno the car and called me up to let me know the results, even took the car on the street to make sure everything ran ok. Told me to call him later that night to pick up the car.

I called him up when I got off work to pick up the car and picked it up after hours AGAIN!

DG Motors FTMFW!!!!

Anyways onto the pictures!!!

Old Jul 19, 2008, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Big Thumbs Up

Ok so i picked up my car yesterday from DG Motors. Nothing but fantastic things to say. Pete Jr. is a stand up guy, and he explains everything that will be done to, and is done to your car. The Cosworth M2 cam install for my car went even better than expected. He got the thing to idle NNNAAASSSTYYYYY lumpy which i was told is sometimes hit or miss.
They installed the ARP rod bolts and headstuds to reassure the integrity of the job. They were extremely reasonable with the labor costs and im definitely going to have them do some future work. Pete fully explained what they did in the tune and pulled some amazing numbers for the limited mods i had in addition to the hot and humid weather.
They actually got around 335HP with the tune at 24psi but had a few counts of knock, so decided to go with a 'safer' tune at 21psi and 327hp and couldnt argue with that.
Needless to say great bunch of guys over there, give em a shout, and i really wouldnt just recommend anyone unless they deserved the credit. Very knowledgeable, and professional. Thumbs up guys. Great job and i couldnt be happier
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DG MOTORS Excellent shop & Customer service

Last edited by jezzy101; Dec 3, 2009 at 08:40 PM.