Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

New Magnus Cast Manifold installed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2008, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm looks interesting
Old Jul 18, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by denny424
Im going to have to agree with you as I dont see this being a big seller with the rep they had on the last one!
You mean the rep of going fast and making parts that gain hp over stock? Yeah I can see where that would really hurt business.

If you are talking about the splits along welds, tough to split a weld on a manifold that has no welds. So I can see where that would hurt sales as well.

As far as the other ego-driven bullsh!t that occurred, fock it. In the end, its all about whether a part works or not. If you are buying parts that don't work just because of the name on the part, you are both an idiot and a fool. If Marco's parts didn't work as advertised, I'd be the first one to tell him and put the stock parts back on. But they work.

As far as the AMS manifold, not sure. Haven't seen any pictures, but I know the guys at AMS and they always do quality stuff so I would not be surprised if their manifold is completely *****-to-the-wall. Once they actually release it, it will be great to compare. For now, I am enjoying the manifold that's already here and installed and racing.

Back on topic: This manifold though is focking sweet. It really is. The first time I shoved my fist down its plenum, it reminded me of when I popped my cherry. Smooth, silky, lots of excitement, a bunch of screaming, and sound of shop tools in the back ground. Ahhhh the good times! The casting is great. Solid, clean casting. Fit everything it needed to fit and cleared the fire wall clutter. The plenum is immense but it looks smaller than it really is due to the custom contouring.

Last edited by Tevenor; Jul 18, 2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you run it yet? If so did you dyno it?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

looks promising, cant wait to see how this mani compares to the new ams mani.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

if its anything like the HKS cast mani then it should be F'n great! looks good sounds like it will have good results.. but now for the most importante part.. the PRICE!.. if its under a grand put me on the list!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 04:10 AM

Big order on its way Magnus .

Awesome product and it will make its way on to our big projects very soon !!!!!

Old Jul 19, 2008, 05:46 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Good Job Marco!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
looks good.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:59 PM

Thank you everybody.

We have been working on this project for the past 2 years. It is a long and slow process, and most of the work has been done in house on our 3 CNC machines.

All of the questions will be answered after the official press release which will come shortly.

This is a real unit you can feel and touch it, a dozen protoypes have been cast and have been undergoing rigorous road testing. It is impossible to keep anything under wraps for too long especially since they are on the road in vehicles. Sean Caron (tevenor) jumped the gun a little bit, but thats fine because we are extremely close to being able to ship product. I will not beat you up I promise, besides I need access to your **** collection!

I wont go into too much detail over the final design until it is released, but I can discuss a few of the parameters that had to be met to get the end result which is by far our most fantastic product to date.

I'll try and keep this brief. Currently we produce the worlds most powerful 4cyl engine. You may know the engine, Its our beloved 4G63 and it is in a car piloted by the World Famous Brent Rau. It is a 1400hp 2.0L 4G63. If you think it was easy, like anything this advanced it is not. We don't ever rest on our laurels though. Also, that is not the only thing we do. We are in the business of making intake manifolds, Lots of them. I have personally crafted 1000's with the help of my staff.

Most of those who frequent this board really only know us for one of our components. The evolution intake manifold. In our 13 years of business, we have pioneered many ideas and always manufactured all of our own components. The head of design here is yours truly, second in command is Seann Pegg. We work with a wide variety of companies and teams in all forms of motorsport as well as do subcontract work for many other companies. This has allowed us to look outside the box of the 1 dimensional world of the 4G63 and know what helps make other powerplants great. Applying this knowledge to new components can only further refine our technology. As we saw the need we always advanced the design.
We were the first to mass market out intake manifolds to the DSM mitsubishi community. We were the first to make a sheet metal intake manifold for the evolution in North america. But we make over 15 different intake manifolds for different cars including Honda, Subaru, and Mitsubishi. When it comes to making intake manifolds on 4cylinder engines we have faced challenges from all different types of engines, but we can say this with much confidence. When it comes to aftermarket 4cylinder intake manifold technology: we have the most experience period. Our intake manifolds repeatedly pick up 40 hp on almost every one of our Turbocharged applications, and up to 10=12 on naturally aspirated cars. Not just mitsubishi's. Magnus sponsored cars won 2 NHRA titles in 2007 CFT's SportFWD honda, and Brents modified eclipse. Winning products that go round after round, race after race, not just test and tunes, proven at the track in competition.

We pioneered the use of a raised velocity stack back in the day, most of our innovative production methods were quickly adopted by the industry and have become buzzwords. Today we are turning over a new leaf. After years of engineering which included: rapid prototypes, CFD testing, flowbench testing, dyno testing, and careful calculations. We are now ready to release our new cast evolution intake manifold to the market. Here goes:

People have asked why it has no velocity stacks? Well if you look carefully it does. Our design pays close attention to port shape, entry and velocity. We have carefully crafted a shape that allowed us to cast the contour that gave us most power into the base of the plenum. Eliminating any turbulent air and having to rely on boundary layers. All this was done on computer first then transferred to models. Properly shaped and spaced varying contours allowed us to have a superior design over velocity stacks, which in different situations and computer modelling showed us that they can actually rob each other from port to port. This method gave the greatest transient boost response and actually increased velocity, working within the constraints of the evolution firewall. Let me sum up all the big words for you. It means big power, and big power sooner.

The plenum shape has a varying contour and taper with a volume of 5 Litres. The ports themselves which will be revealed in our cutaways will knock your socks off. This particular Manifold was designed entirely against the shape of the original cylinder head port and takes advantage the 10 degree port entry of the EVO head.

It will work with huge throttle bodies and regular stock throttle bodies as well. Map sensor will be a remote mount. Now for results : We have currently seen gains of from 30 to 47 hp on varying setups. Transient boost response is exceptional for such a design and it all bolts together in a stock location IF needed! While still being able to be used on full blown racecars. That's multitasking!

All I can say is I hope I answered most of your questions, and stay tuned as there will be more to come in the next few weeks.

Marco Passante
Old Jul 19, 2008, 04:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Marco RULES!!

When do I get mine.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Marco, it sounds like you have already begun manufacturing of the manifolds, not just rapid prototypes. Does this mean that you have already completed manufacturing and debugging your tooling as well as machine programming for the production pieces? Sounds like this is a real product that someone can actually purchase. Is that about true?

BOOST ON!

Robert Young
Old Jul 19, 2008, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

The manifold looks good. If its priced anywhere near your existing manifolds I have a feeling you will sell quite a few of them. I guess I will have to just sit back and wait till the official release to get one.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Has it been dynoed yet? Great looking mani!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance
Marco, it sounds like you have already begun manufacturing of the manifolds, not just rapid prototypes. Does this mean that you have already completed manufacturing and debugging your tooling as well as machine programming for the production pieces? Sounds like this is a real product that someone can actually purchase. Is that about true?

BOOST ON!

Robert Young
Yes Robert, you are 100 percent correct. We expect to have finished pieces in the hands of our wholesalers in about 3 - 5 weeks.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor

does the throttle body flange angle slightly towards the front of the car? It almost looked like it in one of those pics. Do you have any info about the intake manifold on your website yet? or is this thread the only place where there is any onfo on the intake?

Quick Reply: New Magnus Cast Manifold installed