Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

New Magnus Cast Manifold installed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:36 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Marco, how about some dynographs, so we know the manifold isn't just cosmetic?
Old Jul 24, 2008, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBadQuattro
I see you escaped from the vortex...welcome...
Indeed, been lurking around here for quite some time. Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2008, 06:53 AM

FJF, I have been told I am no longer allowed to post in this thread about the intake manifold, We have plenty of dyno sheets and will be putting them up on our site shortly.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
Sean, what gains did you notice. Please shoot me a PM if you prefer.

Felix (Rochester)

PM? Bah. I'll swing by at some point and you can see it in person.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Magnus
Not exactly what we were looking for in our testing. Also, to assume you can accomplish the same trick with streamers is the kind of misinformation I've been trying to fight on the internet since its inception. For someone who knows as much as you say you do about CFD, because you do know a hair more than the average guy, you should know better that we're not that interested in what the "streamers" look like when they are escaping the ports. And please don't undermine our research by suggesting such things.

More pics to follow!

Thanks
LOL coming from you and talking about misinformation, I have to laugh.

But carry on...

Oh, if the average guy has taken several courses in numerical approaches to solving science problems in fluids, thermodynamics, and structures, along with probably 100GB of data from my own personal interest projects in CFD work, then I guess you're right. I mean, you know, I've only had formal training in the topic, I can't know anything about it compared to a self-proclaimed engineer like yourself...
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:02 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr

But carry on...

Oh, if the average guy has taken several courses in numerical approaches to solving science problems in fluids, thermodynamics, and structures, along with probably 100GB of data from my own personal interest projects in CFD work, then I guess you're right. I mean, you know, I've only had formal training in the topic, I can't know anything about it compared to a self-proclaimed engineer like yourself...
Dude, who are you? You don't want to play nice do you? I'm sure your mom is very proud of your formal training, but does your mom know you like to get behind your keyboard in her basement and cause trouble on the internetZ?

Do you have a name? or a turbo to port somewhere? I'm gonna call you Bill Nye the science guy. You better get to home depot cause I heard there was a sale on Leaf blowers. When you get out of school, and you've developed cold fusion with a paper clip, a coffee maker, and some home depot couplings, come see me, I'll offer you a job sweeping floors. Until then, I don't think anyone wants to hear about how SMRT you are.

BTW thatt 100GB in CFD modelling? Did it come in 1/2 hp or 1hp model? Briggs and Straton engine? those are phenomenal? Pull start or electric start?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

P3wnd
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Magnus
Dude, who are you? You don't want to play nice do you? I'm sure your mom is very proud of your formal training, but does your mom know you like to get behind your keyboard in her basement and cause trouble on the internetZ?

Do you have a name? or a turbo to port somewhere? I'm gonna call you Bill Nye the science guy. You better get to home depot cause I heard there was a sale on Leaf blowers. When you get out of school, and you've developed cold fusion with a paper clip, a coffee maker, and some home depot couplings, come see me, I'll offer you a job sweeping floors. Until then, I don't think anyone wants to hear about how SMRT you are.

BTW thatt 100GB in CFD modelling? Did it come in 1/2 hp or 1hp model? Briggs and Straton engine? those are phenomenal? Pull start or electric start?
Well I just took a moment to review some of your 47 posts on this board and it seems like half of them are slamming someone, whining or plugging a product when your not a vendor.

Does'nt seem like you make an attempt to be the most productive member of this community.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Marco i would love to do testing for you! Just say the word
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zbomb
Well I just took a moment to review some of your 47 posts on this board and it seems like half of them are slamming someone, whining or plugging a product when your not a vendor.

Does'nt seem like you make an attempt to be the most productive member of this community.

Take a look at every thread you just read a post from. You will notice that Marco has more lied told about him and more people talking **** to him then anyone on here. And he still handles it better then 95% of the people who get it a fraction of the **** that he gets.

4g63's would not be where they were with out people like Marco. Most of these people that are going around trying to discredit him have never even put a 4g63 car together let alone advance the 4g63 market.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 03:49 PM
Account Disabled

But carry on...

I think your problem is your formal training. The computer is great as a first step in engineering. However practical experience (like what Marco has) is what really matters. Parts that work are more important than parts that look like they work.

Why don't you enlighten us on not only how much power your car makes but what kind of times it pulls in the real world on a real track. Furthermore your material selection on your 4" exhaust tells me everything I need to know about your thermodynamic knowledge, or lacktheirof.

Last edited by dan l; Jul 25, 2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dan l
I think your problem is your formal training. The computer is great as a first step in engineering. However practical experience (like what Marco has) is what really matters. Parts that work are more important than parts that look like they work.

Why don't you enlighten us on not only how much power your car makes but what kind of times it pulls in the real world on a real track. Furthermore your material selection on your 4" exhaust tells me everything I need to know about your thermodynamic knowledge, or lacktheirof.
meh, not even worth responding to.

Honestly, would Marco have TONS of people saying don't trust him if they didn't have reason to say it?

I'm speaking from experience when I say I will NEVER do business with Magnus AGAIN and neither will any friend I have that has done business with him in the past.

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Jul 29, 2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Sex manifold...
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:33 AM
Account Disabled

Honestly, would Marco have TONS of people saying don't trust him if they didn't have reason to say it?

I'm speaking from experience when I say I will NEVER do business with Magnus AGAIN and neither will any friend I have that has done business with him in the past.

If your so smart then why don't you show the boy who the boss is and make a better manifold? Until then your just a college kid in a computer lab with modeling software hiding behind a screen name on the internet.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Being an engineer does not mean ****...

You don't see foot and ankle doctors claiming to be experts on heart surgery. If you think you are so great why don't you go build a manifold and once you run a 9 second 1/4 mile you can come back and talk. But as of now you have not done anything besides sit in a class room and try to soil the name of a good person.

99% of the people who bash Marco are morons who have done nothing but listen to that other 1% who have personal issues with Marco (please dont come on here and claim that you do not, we all know you do, me and you have been over this and this thread is not about you) Talking **** on the Internet does not gain you respect, results do, so go back to class.

Quick Reply: New Magnus Cast Manifold installed