Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Seibon DL cf lip review and pics

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2008, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seibon DL cf lip review and pics

Heya all, just thought I'd give you a brief scoop on the Seibon DL style carbon fiber lip for the Evo 8. I ordered it from Advancespeedshop.com No problems there, they had to get it from Seibon so took almost four weeks to receive it. They informed me immediately about the time to get the lip, also called as soon as they received it and shipped it. So for Advancespeedshop

Now for the lip itself. After pulling it out of multiple layers of bubble wrap, the only thing I notice bad is one of the tabs is broke. Not a big deal since I don't use these anyway. Comparing it to my old JDP engineering lip, this one seems a darker black, maybe a bit more glossy, and has a wider weave pattern. From the pictures I thought this would be a little different than my jdp lip, but it's pretty much exactly the same. Guess that DL stands for Do-luck, go figure.

So on to the install, its short. I try to jam it on there but the lip is simply not wide enough for my bumper. I cannot get both ends of the lip onto the bumper. Here is a pic of how short it is, this is with the other end lined up.

I ended up resorting to cutting the ends of the lip to get the thing on there. Not preferred as I didn't have these type of fitment issues with my JDP lip, it was near flawless. After the cutting I drilled and screwed it all on. Here's how far off the end is, not too bad. "Acceptable"

Only a small hiccup putting the bumper back on. I have a beatrush undertray which required me to cut the farthest two tabs on my JDP, and its the same on this lip. This piece on the undertray hits those tabs.

And here it is back on the car. A little bit of gap, and not quite flush but I suppose unless you are looking for it, its not that noticable.

And for comparison, here are two pics of my old JDP Engineering cf lip when I first put it on.

In the end, if I had to do it over again, I'd get the JDP one due to better fitment, and it would have been about 20 bucks cheaper after shipping.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

looking gooddd
Old Aug 2, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

i like it. and thanks for the heads up on the lip lol
Old Aug 2, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Thats what you get from Seibon!
Old Aug 2, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Looks nice
Old Aug 2, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

jdp looked clean. whats the specs on your wheels?
Old Aug 3, 2008, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

Nice look!!!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 03:04 AM

Those are Gram Lights T57-RC. 18x9.5 +38 offset, using a 1/2 inch spacer up front. Bought them used so not the ideal offset, but managed to stuff 255/35 RE-01Rs under there with no rubbing and no fender work, yet. My old 245/40 Azenia 615s rubbed near lock though.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good man! What part of VA you in?
Old Aug 3, 2008, 12:50 PM

Ah, just forgot to update my profile. I moved out of VA back in 07. Was stationed out in Norfolk. Right now I'm out near Phoenix. Weather is awesome, roads are alot better, but the heat is killing the engine. Can't do pulls during mid day without knock and timing pull so time for some meth :P
Old Aug 3, 2008, 05:02 PM

nice lip....the evo8 looks great with a front lip.....Seibon has some decent carbon....
Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

looks good
Old Aug 4, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

how is that lip installed? i have a vr style waiting here and im wondering how you installed yours. mine has triangular looking peices along the inside of the top of the lip, and the tabs at the back. what are each used for and whats the easiest way to install it...even my autobody guy is wondering since he cant find much under the car to attach it to.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 09:41 PM

Those are suppose to be mount points for your undertray. I don't have the plastic undertray anymore so not sure how it lines up and everything. I'm using the beatrush aluminum undertray, but didn't bother bolting the undertray to the lip since the undertray is already bolted up pretty well.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

so how did you mount it? what is the lip mounted to and how? is it just screws in the bumper? if so where did you locate them.

Last edited by mac11wildcat; Aug 5, 2008 at 01:15 PM. Reason: more detail

Quick Reply: Seibon DL cf lip review and pics