Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

TTP ACT HDTTP clutch install

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTP ACT HDTTP clutch install

Just got my clutch replaced at TTP yesterday and have nothing but great things to say about those guys. Dropped the car off at 11:30, came back at 4 and she was all done. The clutch feels great as well. It was really reassuring seeing 8+ other evos at the shop and knowing that these are the only cars they work on. If you need anything done to your Evo or any parts, I would highly recommend TTP engineering in Orlando
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ +1 for TTP

Just got my HD-TTP (think this is the same thing as ACT HDG6 clutch with sprung 6 puck) and ACT Prolite FW installed yesterday. Of course I am still breaking it in, but during daily driving, the sprung 6 puck clutch doesn't feel all that much more harsh than stock during engagement. And here I was prepared to feel like I was dropping the clutch at like 5000rpm from every red light.

Yes, the pedal is noticeably stiffer than stock at first, but I am quickly getting used to it.

The Prolite flywheel does let the car rev more freely, this actually make it easier/quicker for me to blip the throttle on downshifts. We'll see how acceleration at WOT is affected in the next few weeks after break-in.

Unfortunately, my garage billed me for close to 10 hours labor
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:02 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great job, now to get the re-tune and your car will be much quicker.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:26 AM
Account Disabled

GD double posts!
Old Aug 17, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

I am using the same clutch installed by TTP. It rocks!
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

I just installed the ACT HDG6 clutch in my MR and it drives just like stock. My wife actually thinks its easier to drive than the stock clutch.

Only time I can get it to chat is on a steep hill or sometimes if I try and ride it in reverse, but its so mild that I doubt anyone else in the car would even notice when it rarely happens. Stop and go rush hour is the same as stock clutch, pedal pressure feels the same to me. It doesn't slip after a launch like the stocker did for me! Love it so far, most tame "puck" clutch I have ever owned (I have installed 5 different ones in various cars over the years).

I also no lift shift at 8100 RPMS just fine. 362hp and 371tq on a dyno dynamics.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mudduck
^^^ +1 for TTP

Just got my HD-TTP (think this is the same thing as ACT HDG6 clutch with sprung 6 puck)
could anyone confirm/deny this? If this is the case, why does TTP rebadge it as the HDTTP?

I've asked TTP twice about it, but haven't received a straight answer.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 08:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by gvillevo
Just got my clutch replaced at TTP yesterday and have nothing but great things to say about those guys. Dropped the car off at 11:30, came back at 4 and she was all done. The clutch feels great as well. It was really reassuring seeing 8+ other evos at the shop and knowing that these are the only cars they work on. If you need anything done to your Evo or any parts, I would highly recommend TTP engineering in Orlando
Thanks for the positive review.

Yes, we are chipping away at all the big builds in the shop right now.

Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:12 PM

just got the same clutch from TTP last week, gotta give scott props for having the car ready for me with such quickness considering he has no less than 8 Evos there day after day. deff going back to get more done real soon.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

I wonder how this clutch will hold with about 500tq.... Im going to have to upgrade my Exedy Twin SD when I do this in January....

Congrats! TTP are a bunch of great guys!

Dan
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:54 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
I wonder how this clutch will hold with about 500tq.... Im going to have to upgrade my Exedy Twin SD when I do this in January....

Congrats! TTP are a bunch of great guys!

Dan
Its rated to 600tq.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Whats the highest youve seen so far? How does it hold for street driving? The thing Im worried about is how the Twin Disk is rebuildable, but Im afraid the ACT isnt, so after Im done with the clutch, I might need a new PP and Disk....

Anyone run around 550-600whp with this clutch have shift issues?

Dan
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

Whats the highest youve seen so far? How does it hold for street driving? The thing Im worried about is how the Twin Disk is rebuildable, but Im afraid the ACT isnt, so after Im done with the clutch, I might need a new PP and Disk....

Dan
The replacement discs for the EXEDY twin are $500+ and that is not counting floater and pressure plates.

The complete ACT unit is about the cost of the replacement discs of the EXEDY alone.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

What was the highest power youve seen used on this clutch without slipage issues? Anyone have torsion spring issues? I remember ACT having alot of torsion spring issues....

Thanks!

Dan
Old Oct 29, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Dan
I run close to 550WHP now and have no issues.

Quick Reply: TTP ACT HDTTP clutch install