Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ShepTrans.com EXCELLENT SERVICE!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2008, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShepTrans.com EXCELLENT SERVICE!!

well, as some of you may know... im on my 3rd transmission. 1st one was ok, but had TSB work done by Mitsu. Then that 2nd tranny crapped out on me. I suspect it was rebuilt shabby, but hey in the end i had to pay for it. Anyways so instead of getting a new factory trans, i opted to go w/ John Shepherd's built transmission for the same price! It turns out that i had more damage than a normal rebuild would fix, but all in all I had great timely responses from John himself and he walked me through the process and the details of the rebuild. Very courteous guy and makes you feel confident in the buy! In the end i can tell you its worth every penny. The double synchro 5th gear option is a must have! it should have come this way from the factory... my 5th has never engaged this smoothly w/out grinding (even when new!) The mods to enhance oiling etc... and the sliders/shift forks are definately improved... you can feel the switch between gears more smoothly. (there was an associated dragging feeling in the stock tranny when shifting, it was 'clean') Im also using an ACT 6puck w/ a gruppe S flywheel and although it was recommended for me to use a twin disc... costs forced me to go w/ a single. This one (although many say the disc is heavy, including John) seems to be working just fine right now. No more lock out, like i had w/ the stocker and it grabs really well. I could live w/out the chatter, but hey... u cant win them all. Anyways, i would recommend this transmission build even if you dont need it... it makes the driving experience that much better. You dont realize how nasty the stocker is... until you shift w/ this transmission. Plus John has such great customer service, i wouldnt think of going to anyone else for drivetrain work!

Last edited by TakaseEVOIXSE; Aug 18, 2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling errors!
Old Aug 18, 2008, 03:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shep does good work.