Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Who's using a Vishnu Evo 9 Reflash???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by luv2race4fun
I'm looking to buy the Vishnu reflash for my stock evo9. Who's got experience with it, good or bad?

Will it realy give me their claimed 380 crank hp?
hey luv2race4fun, hope you've been able to find a good tuner. look through the mid atlantic regional forum (but don't bother with dcevoclub.com, frankly it's awful) and see what others think. but something to consider, if you decide to do any track work, DTM does a fantastic job of actually being at the track too and supporting you with stuff. something that pretty much zero of the regional shops do in the immediate DC area. not to knock the NY, NJ, or PA guys, but i can pretty much guarantee those folks aren't going to come pick you up when something happens, let alone see you at the track.

good luck!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:00 AM

Thanks for the input guys!!! It looks like the Vishnu numbers are not substantiated here. So I will be looking at the 3 differect tuners you guys mentioned.

BTW, I neglected to mention that I track my stock Evo at Summit Point Racway during their HPD events. I kicked but in the first 2 events so I've now qualfied to run with the advanced group. My first event with them rocked.

So I'm now searching for a bit more SAFE hp gain. Do you have experience with down pipes with diverters that vent to atmoshere? Is turbotrix the best ECU tuner when it comes to working with variable stage exhaust setup? The link below is what I'm talking about.
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Downpipes/evodp.php
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Id get tuned by someone local if I were you, local gas and everything - but Shiv has always made good power for me. I got 65whp over baseline from just exhaust on my 9. (baseline was my evo with the exhaust already installed though)

Here is my car on the dyno two years later:

Last edited by boostedwrx; Sep 12, 2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:53 PM

Thanks for all your input guys. For some reason my last detailed post did't go through.

I've been racing at HPD events at Summit Point Raceway with my totally stock evo9 and kicking some big butts in the process. I was the fastest car of the day in teh novice group, passing all the Porsche's and Corvettes and STI's in the process. I'm now running in the advanced group and I'm ready for some more SAFE power. Who is the best tuner when it comes to working with astomphere venting downpipes like the QTP?
See link for what I mean.
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:56 PM

What the... I guess my previous post went through... Ughh.

Thannks for the info!!!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:21 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Here is my car on the dyno two years later:
How do your logs look?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
How do your logs look?
Here ya go - https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=341749&page=2

Scroll down a bit and you'll see my DLL graphs and EvoScan logs. Everyone basically ruined my thread because I made good power and everyone seemed to not believe it. The gas is 94 octane with prolly 15% ethanol in it.

I think there's a lot of Vishnu-bashing on this forums and half of it is due and the other half isn't. Their customer service wasn't the best but Shiv can make good safe power on a custom flash.

For the original poster, if your only option is a mail-in flash (and not a good custom dyno tune), I would go with an e-tuner like Mellon or whoever else is doing them these days. If your running some HPD's and concerned about your tune just throw a couple extra gallons of race gas in or something.