Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review For XtremeBoost Test Pipe and Crash Bar

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review For XtremeBoost Test Pipe and Crash Bar

XtremeBoost just recently installed a test pipe and a crash bar for my Evo X Mr. The power from the test pipe is incredible! My car lost some weight, and gained more horsepower and torque. My car feels faster, breathes better, and accelerates like a rocket! Excellent part! I did a 4th gear pull from 60 to 110, and i was there within seconds!
I also installed a crash bar that only weighs 7 pounds, compared to the stock one that weighs 40 pounds! The crash bar looks better than stock, weighs less, and functions just as good!

Great Job Frank and the team at XtremeBoost!

I can't wait for my next install from XtremeBoost! Many More XtremeBoost Parts To Come!

We also have plans to do some real world testing at the local track this coming Friday if the weather holds
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait to see it run at OSW.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo Tengoku
Can't wait to see it run at OSW.
Me Either!
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Nice choices. Frank's the man when it comes to fab'n up alum components like that.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Nice choices. Frank's the man when it comes to fab'n up alum components like that.
Thank You! My car gets faster and better everytime I go to the XtremeBoost Shop!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Some Pics OF my Recent Install!

http://i37.tinypic.com/2cd7rsj.jpg%5B/IMG%5D
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wik3d_MR
XtremeBoost just recently installed a test pipe and a crash bar for my Evo X Mr. The power from the test pipe is incredible! My car lost some weight, and gained more horsepower and torque. My car feels faster, breathes better, and accelerates like a rocket! Excellent part! I did a 4th gear pull from 60 to 110, and i was there within seconds!
I also installed a crash bar that only weighs 7 pounds, compared to the stock one that weighs 40 pounds! The crash bar looks better than stock, weighs less, and functions just as good!

I can't wait for my next install from XtremeBoost! Many More XtremeBoost Parts To Come!

We also have plans to do some real world testing at the local track this coming Friday if the weather holds
Just a test pipe, with the rest of the exhaust being stock? What brand/type of crash bar?
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO-IX-MR
Just a test pipe, with the rest of the exhaust being stock? What brand/type of crash bar?
Yes just a test pipe with the rest of the exhaust being stock

The brand of the crash bar is XtremeBoost
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Yes just a test pipe with the rest of the exhaust being stock

The brand of the crash bar is XtremeBoost
Sweet! I was thinking of doing this, but usually freeing up the flow in the middle of restrictive stock exhaust doesn't yeild the best results. No matter what it has to free up some power getting rid of the CAT.

Any sound difference? Also, is it a 3in test pipe, meening did the flanges line up okay with the size being bigger than the stock pipes?
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO-IX-MR
Sweet! I was thinking of doing this, but usually freeing up the flow in the middle of restrictive stock exhaust doesn't yeild the best results. No matter what it has to free up some power getting rid of the CAT.

Any sound difference? Also, is it a 3in test pipe, meening did the flanges line up okay with the size being bigger than the stock pipes?

Yeah, it lines up perfectly. It's a great test pipe, and gives me noticeable power. There's no sound difference at all, but you can definitely feel it lol. It's also much lighter than the stock pipe, the stock pipe is way heavy compared to this one. Soon I'll have the whole exhaust system done, and take pics of that when that's finished.

you should look into the xtremeboost rear crash bar , it weights less then 8'lbs Vs the stock 40lbs and thanks to one of his customers its been tested in the real world also known as wrecking a car against a road side poll!

Last edited by Kurt; Aug 27, 2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:39 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the review one again , its been great watching your smile everytime we install new goodies . I'll see on friday

Last edited by xtremeboost; Aug 28, 2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its nice to be able to go to a true ONE STOP SHOP.. Congrats on your new found power and lightweight parts!! I might need to get one of them Xtreme boost test pipes for my X..
Old Aug 28, 2008, 06:56 AM
Account Disabled

Frank where is my crashbar? i ordered it months ago
Old Aug 28, 2008, 08:31 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Geo@SpeedClinic
Frank where is my crashbar? i ordered it months ago

Your mind tricks will not work on me

I'll drop one off on monday