Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

LancerShop.com - False Advertisement!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LancerShop.com - False Advertisement!!

About a week ago I ordered a Dual 52mm A-Pillar Gauge pod from LancerShop, (http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=22&page=1). I got the A-Pillar from them in very quickly, no complaints here. When I opened the package, I was delivered what appeared to be an overlay of the factory A-Pillar. I originally ordered this gauge pod because of description of the product.

I immediately contacted LancerShop and asked if they had sent me the wrong one, or if this is truly their "stock replacement" a-pillar. I was told that it was correct part and that it was "indeed a replacement part". The customer service person I worked with through their chat...(They don't have a phone numbers ), told me that she could refund me for the part, however I would need to pay a 25% re-stocking fee and shipping. I immediately told her that I shouldn't have to pay anything for a mistake in their websites description. I then asked how in the heck this part was a factory replacement as it did not even have the clips to mount it to the A-Pillar of the cars body. She told me "Be right back" and when she came back she said they would not charge me re-stocking, but I had to pay to ship the product back. I told her again that I wanted a refund and for them to cover the shipping charges as it was their mistake that the product was describe inaccurately.

I sent them a set of images to prove that the "Stock Replacement" A-Pillar Gauge Pod was an overlay and she said she would e-mail them to the "Site Manager" and "Tech". Today I got the update that I would be refunded, but I still needed to pay for shipping, so I'm out $10-15 to ship the thing back to them.

So now I have to waste more time to take the thing over to Fedex to have it shipped back to them so I can get my refund.

Anyways, if you're looking for an OVERLAY, feel free to order this one, but BUYER BEWARE this is not a "FACTORY REPLACEMENT" as indicated by their website.

Here are the pics I sent them --

Last edited by Chukee_R; Aug 27, 2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

OH dang! I think they should have covered the shipping. Recently i got some items from them. Exhaust hangers, TO bearing and shift bushings. Can you believe that they all came in different boxes? :S
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

I've never seen an a pillar pod that wasn't an overlay
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by griffeyr
That's fine, but then the description should not say "replacement". I was consistently told that it was "indeed a replacement, but it could also be used as a overlay". Sorry, but I'm not going to stick that thing in my car, go to a track day and have it smack me in the face because it's just hanging out there.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by griffeyr
Yes Pillar pods suck, I went with the steering column set-up.

Did it come with screws?
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Seems like you could fab up a few of those mounting pins and glue them into the new overlay. It could take some trials, but would most likely be cheaper than the 25% restocking and return shipping.

Just a thought.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

The advertisement does said that it includes mounting hardware. Is there any mounting hardware included in the package?

If not then I would be on your side because it is a false advertisement and they should be responsible for shipping.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Seems like I'm constantly reading negative reviews of LancerShop on here; I know I'll never order from them!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I had it and it is very stable! It WILL NOT fall off! once its screwed to the pillar, its not going anywhere.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WagsEvo
Seems like you could fab up a few of those mounting pins and glue them into the new overlay. It could take some trials, but would most likely be cheaper than the 25% restocking and return shipping.

Just a thought.
That's fine, but then why did I just pay $70? I could have ordered an overlay for half the price and done the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by beyonddc
The advertisement does said that it includes mounting hardware. Is there any mounting hardware included in the package?

If not then I would be on your side because it is a false advertisement and they should be responsible for shipping.
"Mounting hardware" was two screws and plastic caps.

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
I had it and it is very stable! It WILL NOT fall off! once its screwed to the pillar, its not going anywhere.
That's the point, you had to screw it into the factory A-Pillar. Their site says it's a replacement. Please read before posting...

Last edited by Chukee_R; Aug 27, 2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chukee_R
"Mounting hardware" was two screws and plastic caps.

That's the point, you had to screw it into the factory A-Pillar. Their site says it's a replacement. Please read before posting...
Im always on the buyers side, but I think they just need to just add overlay to the advertisement, its not as false as you think.

Just overlay it and watch your gauges go nuts.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CAD EVO
Im always on the buyers side, but I think they just need to just add overlay to the advertisement, its not as false as you think.

Just overlay it and watch your gauges go nuts.
Replacement vs Overlay aside, the thing just looks cheap. I'm sticking with my steering column setup.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Get the Autometer overlay, thats what I have and its nice.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

I have said time and time again that people should not order from Lancershop. I have been burned twice by them. One of my claims was also their false advertising. They also tried to get me to pay for their restocking fee. That of course did not fly with me. I did end up paying for the shipment of the item back to them but I decided to use the cheapest method possible and only cost me ~$2.00.

Moral of the story: don't use Lancershop.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dang that sux. You should send a copy of this thread to there web-site. Then maybe they will change there mind. I dont think ill be ordering anything from them now.

Quick Reply: LancerShop.com - False Advertisement!!