Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

EvoPowerMods Dump from AWD Motorsports.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car has the nisei licp on it with the v2 dump. its close but doesnt touch. looking under there, there really isnt much room anyway.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

i hope it wont put a hole in my licp...i just have to keep checking under there i guess
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor

maybe exhaust wrap the tip or something, so its a softer contact than metal on metal. or heat wrap both contact points?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

thanks but i think its too late now.it is so tight its like they are glued together when i was at TTP installing it Ryan -mechanic said i should be good..well if anything i'll get another licp
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cinek
thanks but i think its too late now.it is so tight its like they are glued together when i was at TTP installing it Ryan -mechanic said i should be good..well if anything i'll get another licp

We might can help you out there...stay tuned...for a combo deal O2 Housing/LICP....
Old Sep 12, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
i have seen 20hp w/ only doing the 02 dump to a car that made consistent power.. The dump must make 10hp minimum and also increase spool as much as 1000rpm i have seen..
thats a quote from an older thread, so your saying my buddies fp red that spools around 4k rpm would spool around 5k rpm if he took his o2 dump off??
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Show286
thats a quote from an older thread, so your saying my buddies fp red that spools around 4k rpm would spool around 5k rpm if he took his o2 dump off??
I can't give you exact spool #s. I have seen spool drop 1000 rpm on some cars when we added the dump. Most-wanted on here was one of them and that was on stock turbo..
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Street Tuners
We might can help you out there...stay tuned...for a combo deal O2 Housing/LICP....
That would be sweet if you guys were able to make licp for both versions 1 and 2.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

I can't give you exact spool #s. I have seen spool drop 1000 rpm on some cars when we added the dump. Most-wanted on here was one of them and that was on stock turbo..

Damn that's impressive if I still had my stock turbo or a bolt-on turbo I would def. get this. Not to mention it sounds badass

Last edited by Show286; Sep 14, 2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:07 PM
Former Sponsor

On our EPM original test vehicle (06 MR) we saw full boost at 3,000rpm @ 26lbs of boost....a 3rd gear pull showed this to be true time and time again....
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
a friend of mine got one of these installed with his green and when he show it to me i saw the dump blowing right on top off the LIP...
i don't know if the shop who installed the o2 dump had to cut it because it did not fit with the injen LIP or what but thats the only thing keeping me for getting this piece, i mean , you can see the LIP all black for the dump.
i don't care how good any FMIC is, thats not cool.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 09:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by black E
a friend of mine got one of these installed with his green and when he show it to me i saw the dump blowing right on top off the LIP...
i don't know if the shop who installed the o2 dump had to cut it because it did not fit with the injen LIP or what but thats the only thing keeping me for getting this piece, i mean , you can see the LIP all black for the dump.
i don't care how good any FMIC is, thats not cool.
We have tested and tested the EPM O2 Housing on many different Lower Intercooler Pipes. The Injen LICP is one of the worst for fitment. Apparently that company does Not employ a consistant Jig when producing their LICPipes. Meaning no 2 Injen pipes are exactly alike, one may go this way and the next one will go a totally different way. We guarantee our Part to fit, except in the case of any Injen product as they are not consistant at all. That's the reason your buddy had the problem. We have seen our part work fine with the Injen and then for our part to have problems with the Injen pipe. Sorry but our O2 Housing have been proven to work with the AMS, ETS, etc...Sorry but honestly, The Injen LICP is one of the worst fitting Pipes on the market.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Update:

We just got done last night installing the owners new mods including the o2 housing and ran into a pretty significant fitment issue.

The owner runs an AMS d/p and when we went to bolt it up the holes in the flanges did not meet up with those of the o2 housing We could get one to match up but there wa no way in hell the other one would w/o or w/o the donut gasket (we were just trying to see if it would fit at all)

Only feasible way to clock the d/p enough to fit would make the d/p hit the t/c as it would be angled so far off to the driver's side of the car

Thinking that there may be something wrong with the AMS d/p we got another d/p from Works that we had laying around and tried to match that up as well...........it didn't work either.

Ended up being off exactly the same amount as the AMS piece.

We racked our brains trying to see what else we could do but obviously with the o2 housing bolted to the turbo and the turbo to the manifold there is no way to make any adjustments w/ the flange welded to the o2 housing.

Needless to say the customer was not happy at all and at that point having most everything bolted up already........he didn't want to undo the piece to send back to the manufacturer so we ended up re-welding the AMS d/p and clocking the flange so that it would line up with the holes in the o2 housing.

Ours may be an isolated issue .

EDITED.

Last edited by PATRICK B.; Sep 18, 2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Update:

We just got done last night installing the owners new mods including the o2 housing and ran into a pretty significant fitment issue.

The owner runs an AMS d/p and when we went to bolt it up the holes in the flanges did not meet up with those of the o2 housing We could get one to match up but there wa no way in hell the other one would w/o or w/o the donut gasket (we were just trying to see if it would fit at all)

Only feasible way to clock the d/p enough to fit would make the d/p hit the t/c as it would be angled so far off to the driver's side of the car

Thinking that there may be something wrong with the AMS d/p we got another d/p from Works that we had laying around and tried to match that up as well...........it didn't work either.

Ended up being off exactly the same amount as the AMS piece.

We racked our brains trying to see what else we could do but obviously with the o2 housing bolted to the turbo and the turbo to the manifold there is no way to make any adjustments w/ the flange welded to the o2 housing.

Needless to say the customer was not happy at all and at that point having most everything bolted up already........he didn't want to undo the piece to send back to the manufacturer so we ended up re-welding the AMS d/p and clocking the flange so that it would line up with the holes in the o2 housing.

Ours may be an isolated issue but i def. think there is room for improvement in many areas w/ this piece

Maybe the QTP piece will be a better fit overall but we don't have anyone running one of those so i can't comment on that yet.

I'll have pics up today to show the mis-alignment!

There are so many variables with Turbo outlet, Downpipe and LICP that its impossible to make it clear every combination of parts.. SOrry to hear of your experience but i am sure EPM can make good on this issue..

Mike
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

There are so many variables with Turbo outlet, Downpipe and LICP that its impossible to make it clear every combination of parts.. SOrry to hear of your experience but i am sure EPM can make good on this issue..

Mike
No worries Mike we understand how these things go it's just wierd that the AMS d/p fit w/o any issues w/ the oem o2 housing but once the EPM unit went on

We're not asking for any hand-outs just stating what we experienced and hope the manuf. has their ear open as well as the others here on EvoM.

Quick Reply: EvoPowerMods Dump from AWD Motorsports.