Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

EvoPowerMods Dump from AWD Motorsports.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patrick B.,

As Mike said, we would be happy to do whatever we need to do to remedy the fitment issue...but it sounds like you have it straightened out. Your DP fitment is the first that we have had any problems with. Each unit is welded in the jig, removed for deburring of any sort and tested again for fitment within the jig. All of this is completed long before the unit every goes to packaging.

If there is anything that we need to do, all you have to do is call or message us and we will take care of it.

Todd B.
Owner.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nolimitind
Patrick B.,

As Mike said, we would be happy to do whatever we need to do to remedy the fitment issue...but it sounds like you have it straightened out. Your DP fitment is the first that we have had any problems with. Each unit is welded in the jig, removed for deburring of any sort and tested again for fitment within the jig. All of this is completed long before the unit every goes to packaging.

If there is anything that we need to do, all you have to do is call or message us and we will take care of it.

Todd B.
Owner.
Todd

Thanks for quickly getting to this and as i have pm'd Q........i believe things have been worked out with Sean our manager.

For the public record.....never did i intend to come off as bashing EPM nor Mike @ AWD.....i was just simply stating our bad luck w/ this particular unit as i'm sure almost 100% are free of the flaw that ours had

We understand as we do plenty of fab work here at the shop.

My sincere apologies

Last edited by PATRICK B.; Sep 18, 2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Todd

Thanks for quickly getting to this and as i have pm'd Q........i believe things have been worked out with Sean our manager.

For the public record.....never did i intend to come off as bashing EPM nor Mike @ AWD.....i was just simply stating our bad luck w/ this particular unit as i'm sure almost 100% are free of the flaw that ours had

We understand as we do plenty of fab work here at the shop.

My sincere apologies
Not a problem, Patrick. Let us know what we need to do and we will happily take care of it.

Todd B.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nolimitind
Not a problem, Patrick. Let us know what we need to do and we will happily take care of it.

Todd B.
I'll leave that up to Sean.....he's the "MAN".
Old Sep 24, 2008, 07:00 AM

seems to be a good product. i think i am going to take the plunge and buy one for myself, just sucks i just ordered the megan o2 housing the other day and its sitting at my house
Old Sep 30, 2008, 10:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Put that Ebay/Megan O2 up for sale back on Ebay..and the EPM O2 will turn you over to the Dump Side of the Evo Force....lol....

Our recent in-depth test last weekend showed a 19 HorsePower - 19 ft/lbs torque gain...with NO TUNING....

Don't you want a piece of that too?.....lol....

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Sep 30, 2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
I have a pretty good question about the o2 dump. My shop advise against me ordering the mod because the stock ECU is very sensitive to knock. His fears are based on that the factory ECU might pick up the open exhaust causing knock. It's a pretty valid point anyone have any comments about that?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DBallz
I have a pretty good question about the o2 dump. My shop advise against me ordering the mod because the stock ECU is very sensitive to knock. His fears are based on that the factory ECU might pick up the open exhaust causing knock. It's a pretty valid point anyone have any comments about that?

We've never had any reports of any knock sensor issue. With more than 150 units sold no one has reported anything like this. I've had one on my Evo for more than 9 months with no knock sensor issue.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:18 AM
RT
Evolving Member

I like this mod and if all I did was trailer the car to races I'd have no problem using it, but here in Cali it will be a major ticket and hassle if (or I should say) when you are stopped. I guess all you can do is try to keep it down but given the number of times guys are stopped out here for almost nothing, it'll be hard to do.

Rick
Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Having tuned many of these now, thats nothing you need to worry about. This mod is a solid 20whp over stock.

Cheers!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:37 PM
Former Sponsor

If that were the case we would have never been able to make 460hp and run 10's on stock ecu, stock IX turbo with cwill's car.. While its a theory i dont believe that its true..

Mike
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

its a great product!
Old Oct 29, 2008, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by k2boarder3187
its a great product!
Thanks k2 your signiture answer my question
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:49 AM

Keep up the great work AwdMotorsports
Old Oct 29, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually, I have seen some knock issues on cars that seemed to be related to this, but not on the EPM dump. The specific car had a modified Megan housing for external dump and it had random bouts of unexplained knock. It was amusing as it would knock when heading East and not when heading west ... it was very consistent.

This car now has a EMP O2 housing and the issue is no longer there.

It may have been an issue with the install or something else that could have been corrected/bumped during the install of the EPM O2 that remedied it as well since we never pinpointed the actual issue. I'm just reporting what happened.

Quick Reply: EvoPowerMods Dump from AWD Motorsports.