Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My Buschur Racing Review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2008 | 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up My Buschur Racing Review

I've just gotten a chance to really enjoy my car after my car ordeal over the past month or so. It all began with a phone call from Dan Buschur to bring the car up to Ohio for him to finish the last few things I wanted done to my EVO. I picked the car up at the Shootout complete with grin from ear to ear after driving my E-85 tuned beastie. Well I had every intention of running in the ESA class at the Shootout, but my clutch plate somehow/some way decided to let go and so I was relegated to Crew Chief duties for my man Coheterojo.

Anyway, I had to leave the car behind, not necessarily a bad thing except that it just gives you more time to have them ADD something to your car! David Buschur & Dan took the car out after fixing my clutch plate and then called me to let me know that the SC "corn likker" as it's called here in the Durty, apparently wasn't as "pure" as the stuff down the road from Buschur's. So, that was disconcerting to say the least because more power was probably left on the table. I flew up to Ohio and Jrod met me on a Sunday to take me to the shop and get my keys. Mind you, I didn't ask Jrod to do that, we were pm'ing each other about the situation and he suggested it. I've known Jrod 3 years now, but that still surprised me and I'll never forget it.

Got back here to SC and David Buschur tells me to take it easy until I can send him some logs using the SC E85. So, about 7 or 8 logs later (sorry David about some of the WOT confusion! ), DB got the tune set again. And does it HAUL! I almost can't believe the difference between 93, 93/meth that I was running before. I wanted to thank David, Dan, and Jarrod publically for everything they did for me over the past month or so. All I can say is if you want your car done right and even more importantly, care about what they do take it to Buschur Racing. My final corn likker numbers: 408whp/430wtq on the infamous BR Hearbreaker.

My mods:

Stock block/head
GSC 272/272 cams
AEM
Green
EBAY O2
BR 3" Full Exhaust Bullet Exhaust
BR UICP
BR LICP
BR Race FMIC - "The Truth"
BR Double Pumper
BR Air Intake
BR Ported Exhaust Mani
BR Ported Intake Mani
BR ported 65mm TB
BR Dual Stg Boost controller
BR Mini battery
Tial BOv
1000cc Injectors
Exedy Twin Disc HD

Pump Gas

Corn Likker

Old Sep 20, 2008 | 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

NICE!!! Happy your happy man. Wish i lived in the US. Buschur parts and serviced are certain! Id pay for certainty ANY DAY!!
Old Sep 20, 2008 | 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks man! That peace of mind sends me 500 miles north one way every year!
Old Sep 20, 2008 | 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

I am currently dong a BR build going through Mike@awdmotorsports! The customer service and products (buschur parts hehe) are amazing. Wish i lived in the US that way i could get my car sorted out the better way. Good luck with your car. Great shop choice.
Old Sep 20, 2008 | 02:34 PM
Account Disabled

great numbers on the green especially on buschurs dyno
Old Sep 20, 2008 | 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

congrats man! good to see you finally got your car back...i am going be right with you and switch to E85 once they finally start stocking it at stations in MB...once again man, congrats on the new #s!! Autox soon??
Old Sep 20, 2008 | 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
congrats man! good to see you finally got your car back...i am going be right with you and switch to E85 once they finally start stocking it at stations in MB...once again man, congrats on the new #s!! Autox soon??

Thanks! I want to auto-x BADLY! Not to mention head out to Darlington and see what it'll do in the quarter. But my schedule is all jacked up right now. I really would like to do that Black Lake thing next weekend, but it's not looking good. I know you asked if anyone wanted to split a room for the weekend up there too.

My tires are still sitting there staring at my rims!
Old Sep 22, 2008 | 05:48 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: ArmyFCOTM Winner

Buschur team comes through again I can't say enough about these guys. They care about the customers and we all know their work speaks for
itself.
Old Sep 22, 2008 | 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

^^You're right. I've had my car up there getting work done for three straight years now, and it's worth the trip every year.

Dan initially told me that he wouldn't be able to look at my car until about the middle of the next week after the Shootout. My friends and I left the track Sunday and drove back to SC..I got home about 3:30 am on Monday. By 10 am Monday Dan called me telling me he was looking at my clutch! An appointment cancelled so he threw my car on the lift. Needless to say, I was impressed by that.
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 09:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Anytime Lecon! Im glad to help out. You're a good guy. I know you would do the same for me. Im glad to see you're happy with the "new" beast. Im sure you will get used to it and be ready for more even though you say you wont. Once you get comfortable with the power that darn bug comes and bites you & leaves you wanting more.

Take care man and let me know if there is anything that I can help with or if you need anything. I'll be glad to lend a hand. Tell that crazy Columbian from Moncks Corner I said hey! lol

SLVRNBLK: GO CHARGERS!
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Wow! I want to see this beast in action! Awesome numbers!
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoHung
Wow! I want to see this beast in action! Awesome numbers!

We're trying to set something up to head to Darlington. You should try and roll up with us. No firm date yet though. We'll post something in our SE thread.
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Tell that crazy Columbian from Moncks Corner I said hey! lol

SLVRNBLK: GO CHARGERS!
Speaking of Mr. Lowe, I haven't heard from him in awhile. It's hard to catch up with these CIA guys know what I mean?

I'm really certain Mr. Lowe isn't his real name.....
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Great numbers! I bet your loving that beast now! I'm not sure if you remember me but we chatting for a bit up at the shootout (Mike - White 03). You and I have about the same set-up. I splurged and built the engine too just so I'd be ready next year for a Red or HTA35. Good luck on your auto-x goals! You've definatly got the car for it now. I'll chat with you again and the next big shootout!

Mike
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I remember you Mike! When I saw you posted your numbers I remembered then that you were waiting for them to finish your motor or get it in at the SO. Good times under the oak tree at Buschur Racing the last couple of years!