Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My experience with Mellon Tuning!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience with Mellon Tuning!!!

I don't even know where to begin about my experience with Chris. We've been tuning my car for a couple weeks now and his customer service, hospitality and genuine love for tuning is a definate eye opener! I came to chris with hopes of making around 450 on pump gas. Locally i was told by various shops that 420-430 would be about tops for my setup if i decided to go without meth or race gas. The car right off the rip started acting up and Chris helped me out every step of the way (and still is) to achieve the most power reliably and make sure im happy! Every bump that we've encountered he's gone out of his way to help me out and it shocked me. Currently were at 504 hp and 394 ft lb torque with a little left to go! I knew going into this that Chris had an excellent reputation but he truly does treat peoples cars like they are his own. I want to say thanks to chris for not giving up on the car during the rough spots and keeping my head up! He's an amazing tuner and has become a great friend. Mellon tuning ftw!

Last edited by ww04; Sep 27, 2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks Aj, I'm so glad you chose Mellon Tuning and I've really enjoyed working with you on your car, it's become quite a beast! It's going to be interesting to see what we can do with it next time welcome to the Mellon ARMY!

Last edited by Mellon Racing; Sep 27, 2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Sick setup bro! Care to share the mod list? I see no mass air.... AEM?

Chris is by far one the greatest tuners out there! Mellon FTMFW!!!

Dan
Old Sep 27, 2008, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Well after reading my thread people are probably going to wonder what problems we ran into. The first was my inability to use a computer haha. Chris sat on the phone with me for quite some to help me set up the programs and make sure i was doing it correctly (not once but quite a few times) After we started tuning chris found out from the data being logged that my nb02 was way to far from the turbo to accurately read so he gave me his advice and i had a bung welded close to the turbo and put the 02 in and it worked great. I don't know how many times i had to call or email chris about things like plugs(gapping) or even different computer programs and chris helped me out to make sure everything was right. Chris also helped me get my innovate wideband at a great deal and gave certain tips that have helped him to hooking it up. Its all the little things that he does that sets him apart from others, i can honestly say ive never dealt with someone like him and i plan on having him tuning my car in the near future!

The car in the picture was like 80% done lol so as much as the intake looks great it now has the stock maf on it. To give people a better understanding the car is stock blocked, stock head, stock maf, and ecu! The car has a rnr mani (coated and cut for the v-band wastegate) precision 35r, one piece 3 inch 02 and downpipe, invidia test pipe, greddy ti catback, hks 280 cams, arp headstuds, gates timing/balance shaft belt, precision 880's, walbro pump, ets 4inch intercooler with 3inch intercooler piping, tial 44mm wastegate with a tial 50mm bov. 4 inch intake with k&n filter, (act 6 puck, pressure plate and flywheel ) ets mini battery kit, and thats about it.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 05:16 PM
Account Disabled

nice setup wish i had 504hp
Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
35R and good supporting mods + good tune