Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review for Petey Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 06:27 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Review for Petey Turbo

I met Pete (Petey Turbo) at one of the Philly Art Museum meets a few months ago. At the time, I did not know anything about his car, or of his tuning abilities. I later found a thread on this exact forum that stated he ranked in the top 15 for fastest stock turbo Evos. Did I mention he runs on 100 percent Ethanol? After talking to another forum member and Philly local (jjm4life), I was set on getting in touch with Pete for a tune. I should also state that Pete works for himself and no one else. He is not affiliated with any shop, but does have some connections.

After numerous PM’s via evom, we settled on meeting at Krazy House Customs. The shop specializes in tuning trucks, but also wanted to start tuning cars. Pete is a long time friend of the manager, and was allowed to use the dyno as he pleased. Several runs on a mustang dyno, and a few hours later, I walked away a happy with the results. Before I get into numbers, I will remind folks that these dynos read very low, much lower than the dynojets. Adding to that is what I figured is the old and tired turbo of my 2003 Evo VIII. So here are the mods and numbers.

Mods: Intake, Exhaust, DP w/ cat delete, Walbro 255, ETS I/C made for a IX, HKS BOV vented (please don’t ask, bought the car with it) .

Base Run 196
Final Run 238

All runs were on stock boost and 93 octane. A boost controller and some cams would be my next power mod!

Pete takes a lot of care and time to make sure my car ran smooth and made good, safe power. As we went through the tune, he made sure to save even the slightest tweak so we can back track incase something went wrong. To his credit we never backtracked once. My car made power with each tweak of the fuel map. Now everyone on here complains about the amount of knock they have on a stock map. Suprisingly, I had only encountered 2-3 counts. But that wasn’t good enough as Pete took it down to ZERO! I never felt like I was left in the dark throughout the entire process, which is a plus for those of you that like to know what’s being done to your cars.

My drive home was fantastic. The car felt smooth, and I can feel the additional power under my foot. The spool up feels a lot faster than before, I can feel the power even when cruising at 65mph in 5th gear.

Overall, my experience was great. I learned a lot just hearing his views on tuning. I felt welcomed at the shop he took me to. His non-affiliation made me felt like he is there for me and my car, instead of just trying to make money for the shop. He has called me non-stop to check on the car. This shows the man really cares for his customers, and doesn’t leave you wondering.

Thanks Pete!
Old Oct 16, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the new found power
Old Oct 16, 2008, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice jump!
Old Oct 17, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

just noticed this thread. pete is a great guy. i didnt even know he was really "tuning" until recenty. he helped me out in at ight spot a few months ago and my car feels better than ever.

numbers are impressive for a 03 on stock boost. well done pete. enjoy the newfound power there chu. hope to hear your car soon haha
Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ha, I found the thread!!Heres is your graph, still @ stock boost levels I never thought a 55whp gain was possible with timing/afr changes but the proof is right here..Thanks for the kind words man!!

Last edited by PeteyTurbo; Oct 22, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Pete that's a pretty good job. BTW this is my buddy he is a very good tuner. Now if I only lived closer to NJ or PA I would have him tune my car but he did tune my car once at the track and the car ran great. Pete is a good guy he has no affiliation with anyone other then his wife and dog...ha. Petey Turbo is going to be a tuner that might be better or just as good as all the other ECUFlash tuners in the evo community.

Pete I might go AEM in the spring so I think I want you to tune it so you can get used to it.