Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edit, sorry Tom.

This stuff just pisses me off and its hard for me to refrain.

Im done here. Im not going to get into an all out pissing match and take away fom your thread!

Now I just want my new stuff! lol
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
The last I knew, this thread was about the HTA86, nothing else. If you're calling me a backyard engineer, thank you. It's given us a few records with more to come. NOW, BACK ON TO THE TURBO TOPIC!
OffT:You are not a backyard engineer, DB is a proud and self stated backyard engineering. Not saying that there is anything wrong with that, but just stating that backyard engineering has its limits, and the evo industry has now gotten to a point that in order to do anything at a very high level you need to use science.

It's easy to set records when you inforce your own "rules"(this turbo, this weight, this gas, "steet car"...) it's a lot harder when you remove the rulebook. AKA all out drag/road racing where development of the car and its components is a much bigger part of the equation.

What about the road racing program, I almost forgot about how successful the Magnum/C&D car were!

OnT: How laggy is the hta86 compared to a 37R?

Scorke
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
It seems that the HTA86 actually spools 100 or more rpm faster than the FS635!

Last edited by Migsubishi; Oct 19, 2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Edit, sorry Tom.

This stuff just pisses me off and its hard for me to refrain.

Im done here. Im not going to get into an all out pissing match and take away fom your thread!

Now I just want my new stuff! lol
Aww I wish you kept that post up.

The reason they don't run their RACE FMIC on their drag car is because they shouldnt.

The race core is made for drag race people that want a good BIG FMIC, if you want to be the FASTEST/QUICKEST you need something custom.

Why doesnt buschur put ford rear ends in all his cars?- the same damn reason they are not needed for 99 percent of the applications, AMS's water to air is far superior than any other air to air IC I guarantee it.

The AMS Drag car is an all out no comprimise attempt to make an evo go as fast down the 1320 as possible. In order to go that fast you have to make lots and lots of comprimises, that is why its on there car.

Scorke

Last edited by scorke; Oct 19, 2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it's discouraging to spend 21 days on the road in a hotel. Eating on the run, working all day on the car. Working on the computer at night to keep my company going. Rushing at the last minute to get things done before going to the track. Work on the problems with new ideas. All the ups and downs of "gettin' it done". Ton's of money to fix the failures, then to post the results for our sponsor and a vendor to these forums, just to see it go to hell in a handbasket. Is this a lesson for ANY camp and it's customers? The motto would be, "No Sense In Making a Personal Record or Goal, Because It WILL Get Lost in Translation!" .
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Im done. Tom is a good friend and its his thread. He asked me to stop so Im done.

And the HTA 86 spooled almost identical to the HTA 3582, there havent been any test compared to the 37. If jeff makes the switch then we will know better.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Are you finally home Tom?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
OnT: How laggy is the hta86 compared to a 37R?

Scorke
Thanks for that Scorke. As you may know, I've got a 37R on my other car and DID actually drive it for about 600 miles on the street. My whole sum total of this new 86 is getting to pull it on and off the trailer. Not much seat time there. It might be interesting to see a dyno sheet of my original Panda with 37R at 649 whp in 4th and the new 86HTA on this car making 727 whp in 3rd. I'm fairly clear about whether there should or shouldn't be a 3 or 4th gear difference, but the fact is, on Davids Dyno, there is a SUBSTANTIAL difference. The 4th gear on the 727 pull could have been well over 760 or more. The original Panda was at 41psi, so I may try to find it. That car used Cosworth M2's, but similar build by David. I'll try to find and post those.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Nice Tom! lol

And AMS, werent you the ones that started a thread this summer about Dave using a T4 housing on his RS? Hmm, seems like you were the ones starting **** there! Get off your high horse about you tin can. Maybe you should tell people some more truths about that car.

Sorry to go OT but Im sick of AMS and all their followers that dont tell the truths!

Thank God Im Buschur who truth or get out!

me likey buschur. he go fast.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Found the sheet. I haven't evaluated it yet, but here it is. The AFR's from this pull were in the high 10's to 11.2. Stage 3 build, head, same Shearer header, same 65 mm TB, cams were Cosworths vs today it's FP5R's.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like it was making about 285 on the crossover and peak torque about 6700 rpms.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

SloRice, very true!

Sadly, Migsubishi is falling into his trenches.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
SloRice, very true!

Sadly, Migsubishi is falling into his trenches.
Not falling, I just agree that there was a great accomplishment here and we need to focus on the thread itself, not each others differences. There is a time an place for everything, here is not the time nor place.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the clarification. Ill retract my previous statement.

Thats the reason I stopped. I shouldnt have even made the original comment, but oh well, too late.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

The new HTA makes 685 at 6850 or so. That's about 90 whp or so above my 37R. The temps on both days were between high 30's inside in January and 51 on the HTA. Not too much diff there. With similar AFR's, slightly different build and cams, the HTA proves to be superior. I can only comment about spoolup as it relates to the 'tracking/launching'. When the 2 step is at 6500+, it breaks rear ends. With that subjective observation aside, I don't really know much at this point. I would have to rely on the graphs to give me the true picture of 'streetability', but I think it's going to be very similar to the 3582HTA. Weight, cams, cam timing, AFR's on spool up each can make several hundred rpms difference on how quickly the car responds from low rpm. Just best guess effort, but I think if you could 'get by' with a std 35R, you could easily improve with the 86HTA AND enjoy more power.

Quick Reply: 9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!