Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
This thread has been moved to here

Can we get back to turbo talk?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So let me get this straight... this new turbo just made Buschurs FS635 obsolete? The way I look it at it... if you want a really good spool up with good power up top, you get the HTA3582. Now if you want more power up top you get the HTA86. Be looking at the description stated about the HTA86, it should spool up about 200-300rpm slower than the HTA3582 but makes about 70whp more up top.
Correct me if I am wrong please
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
maybe this thread will inspire buschur to work on the black drag car....that would be something id like to see
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Im not sure that will be happening. But who knows, the tracks around here are pretty much closed. I know that the RS is done for the year, so most likely so is the black car.

Most of us are packing it in for the year. My car is getting torn apart tomorrow so Im done also.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:42 PM
Account Disabled

I just want to say Kudos to Martin fo speaking up and sharing his true thoughts with us.

While, personally, I disagree with what he has said nearly 100%, I think it is great to finally hear from him on how he really feels.

One of the things I really have always admired about David is how brutally honest and direct he is. While I dont agree with David all the time either, the really cool thing about his is that no matter what he says its 100% and totally honest and REAL. Its great to know where you stand and be able to know that you can rely and trust what someone is telling you 100%.

It is a real shame that there is no organized form of sanctioned drag racing like the old SRWD class at NHRA in which the various camps could compete in classes with uniform rules and see who has what it takes to win those kind of events. Given the current economic climate in our hobby it seems the sport as a whole is headed in a bad direction.

Cars that compete without rules with a "anthing goes" mentality for the fastest drag time possible spak voulmes about who did the most and who invested the most money and that is about it, IMHO.

I am now more interested in the street cars myself, as they are approaching the speeds of the so called race cars.

Anyway, good to hear from Martin and I hope this means he will be sharing his thoughts more often.

Regardless of what anyone says or does not say, I alwayslook at the results on the track - that is all the counts.

Also, I like to see how well the customers do - to me that is the untimate measure of what the real customer can expect after his / her purchase.

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 19, 2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 9sec9
The new HTA makes 685 at 6850 or so. That's about 90 whp or so above my 37R. The temps on both days were between high 30's inside in January and 51 on the HTA. Not too much diff there. With similar AFR's, slightly different build and cams, the HTA proves to be superior. I can only comment about spoolup as it relates to the 'tracking/launching'. When the 2 step is at 6500+, it breaks rear ends. With that subjective observation aside, I don't really know much at this point. I would have to rely on the graphs to give me the true picture of 'streetability', but I think it's going to be very similar to the 3582HTA. Weight, cams, cam timing, AFR's on spool up each can make several hundred rpms difference on how quickly the car responds from low rpm. Just best guess effort, but I think if you could 'get by' with a std 35R, you could easily improve with the 86HTA AND enjoy more power.
Tom

If you send that T67 in your Panda off to FP and ask them to change out the wheel for the HTA88 you will be very pleasntly suprized my freind.

Not only does the HTA make 10 more PSI of boost, its spools much faster.

Trust me at 50 psi that HTA88 will kick the HTA86's butt

Also with the HTA88 you will cut the difference in lag in hafl between where you are now and the HTA66.

Al
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:59 PM
Account Disabled

[Ok no problem !

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 19, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a couple of burnout pics from Friday PM. Also, the dyno pull of the 86HTA making 726 whp in 3rd gear. The boost was not maxed, nor was the AFR set to kill.

Old Oct 19, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Tom

If you send that T67 in your Panda off to FP and ask them to change out the wheel for the HTA88 you will be very pleasntly suprized my freind.

Also with the HTA88 you will cut the difference in lag in hafl between where you are now and the HTA66.

Al
Al, first we've got to learn how to harness all of this power first. At this point, I feel that we have more time to be gained by dialing in the suspension and launches than by adding more horsepower. I added another set of Swift Springs to the rear and that seems to have helped with the 'over-squat' we were getting. Now, we're running the 80's, where we were running the 70's at Norwalk during the porpose video. The 9.99 runs by Tony were on the 60's, so we're slowly getting it right. I watched this latest video and saw NO porpose or hopping. It looks like for our weight, the 80's may be perfect. Another way to tell is by the breakage factor, but I'd rather just watch video and make the changes from that.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Tom

Al
Interesting you say the above Al? I value your opintion seems how both run almost the same turbo's but 50psi seems to be ALOT of boost. I would take 40 anyday wouldnt you and make about the same power or more? With all these new turbo's coming out, our p wheels are a bit out dated, they are so much heavier than these newer GT wheels.

Al, first we've got to learn how to harness all of this power first. At this point, I feel that we have more time to be gained by dialing in the suspension and launches than by adding more horsepower. I added another set of Swift Springs to the rear and that seems to have helped with the 'over-squat' we were getting. Now, we're running the 80's, where we were running the 70's at Norwalk during the porpose video. The 9.99 runs by Tony were on the 60's, so we're slowly getting it right. I watched this latest video and saw NO porpose or hopping. It looks like for our weight, the 80's may be perfect. Another way to tell is by the breakage factor, but I'd rather just watch video and make the changes from that.
Tom I have the 80's now and was thinking the samething earlier about stepping up mine to a 90 spring. The car sound really strong in the video bud
Old Oct 19, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Jeff, you're definitely heavier, so the 90's could be good. The tires/traction you put down will help make the decision too. For us, the 80's seem to keep it from banging the stops and keep the launch at a more ideal attitude.
I put the car in the garage this afternoon. As soon as I'm caught up at the office and around the house, I'll begin to pull the rearend out of it and begin the inspecting.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 02:01 PM
Account Disabled

the car sounds so smooth during that beastly pull, like it wasn't laboring almost.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

It's amazingly smooth. You don't hear a lot of anything going on. No misfires either and we had to use stock plugs instead of my normal 8 heat range. I've got to order a couple of backup sets again.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

congrats tom and the buschur team... although not meeting your goal, theres always next year... until them, you have plenty of time to fix the small hiccups... very nice car, and very well done...

Here's a couple of burnout pics from Friday PM. Also, the dyno pull of the 86HTA making 726 whp in 3rd gear. The boost was not maxed, nor was the AFR set to kill.

forgot to mention...

your car looks clean bro
Old Oct 19, 2008, 02:56 PM
Account Disabled

Tom, I was suggesting the HTA 88 as an upgrade for the Panda. Faster spoiling and more power than the T67 all for the price of swapping a wheel. The Panda is a potential 8 second contender. King without a crown

Quick Reply: 9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!