Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2008, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom, i think its time you take the doors off the panda and put them on the Okix evo
Old Oct 19, 2008, 04:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 9sec9
It's amazingly smooth. You don't hear a lot of anything going on. No misfires either and we had to use stock plugs instead of my normal 8 heat range. I've got to order a couple of backup sets again.
wow stock plugs...I'm currently trying the 9's with the BR COP, looking good so far. Have you guys tried those yet?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
migsubishi's refund was actually handled for his cams he is mad over. He was NOT charged 15%, I charged him just the 3% for the credit card fee and the shipping. Guess his panties are still bunched up though.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 05:01 PM
Account Disabled

lol "if i can make 800 hp on a 35r you should hire me" hahahahaha
Old Oct 19, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Well I started reading on Page 8 or something and had I seen that the thread didn't get out of control like I had expected I'd have just skipped my response to Martin. It's good to have some back ground information out there though.

Glad to see you got home safe and sound Tom. Be sure to tell Tony Happy Birthday, I'm sure he was glad you got home for it.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Just got in from the bday dinner. Now, it's back to the computer grind for a while. I've got data downloading now. Going to start looking for some lightweight 15's for the QTP's. I don't want to change the slicks/wheels again, so it will be easier to pick up a set of wheels.
David, thanks again for the tremendous friendship, family time and effort that you gave me. The good times ended way too soon. The bad times are history. All we have is tomorrow to make some more good times. I look forward to many years of an ongoing friendship. You're tops in my book.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LoKiEvo
Tom, i think its time you take the doors off the panda and put them on the Okix evo
Personally, since they both have 8 second capable cars, I would like to see the first Father and Son side by side runs into the 9's or 8's in Evos. That would be realy amazing. Then they can rename the lovely road they live on "Evo Street."

Al
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:38 PM
Account Disabled

Hey Tom, the Panda is still sold isnt it???

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Tom, I was suggesting the HTA 88 as an upgrade for the Panda. Faster spoiling and more power than the T67 all for the price of swapping a wheel. The Panda is a potential 8 second contender. King without a crown
Originally Posted by LoKiEvo
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

I tell you one thing - that Panda is bas *** - being a passenger in the back seat rearranged by spine and made we wanna toss my cookies - low weight and Buschur power = one fast machine. The Bad Bish II which is closely patterend after the Panda but with a HTA35 is a very fast street car also.

One thing which weighs on me at least once a week is that neither has gone to a track.

Al
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TopLevelPerformance
Hey Tom, the Panda is still sold isnt it???
yea i thought he sold it for whatever reason...did he?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:53 PM
Account Disabled

lol and +1 on wanting to see the 2 beasts make some passes down the track.

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I tell you one thing - that Panda is bas *** - being a passenger in the back seat rearranged by spine and made we wanna toss my cookies - low weight and Buschur power = one fast machine. The Bad Bish II which is closely patterend after the Panda but with a HTA35 is a very fast street car also.

One thing which weighs on me at least once a week is that neither has gone to a track.

Al
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
The new HTA makes 685 at 6850 or so. That's about 90 whp or so above my 37R. The temps on both days were between high 30's inside in January and 51 on the HTA. Not too much diff there. With similar AFR's, slightly different build and cams, the HTA proves to be superior. I can only comment about spoolup as it relates to the 'tracking/launching'. When the 2 step is at 6500+, it breaks rear ends. With that subjective observation aside, I don't really know much at this point. I would have to rely on the graphs to give me the true picture of 'streetability', but I think it's going to be very similar to the 3582HTA. Weight, cams, cam timing, AFR's on spool up each can make several hundred rpms difference on how quickly the car responds from low rpm. Just best guess effort, but I think if you could 'get by' with a std 35R, you could easily improve with the 86HTA AND enjoy more power.

well thats a gud gain over the gt37r ...
wat would u say about the comparisn in between this new 86hta and the t4z88hta ?

Last edited by haseeb; Oct 20, 2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bostonhatcher
Sounds like the guys at AMS are putting all their time and money into their drag car to hold the world e.t. record while Buschur is putting their time and money into technology that can be sold to almost every Evo owner.

No doubts about that...over here the AMS car has always been the benchmark when it comes to setting world records on the evo...yet when you cannot dispute the real world testing on street Evo's that DB's been willing to share with the Evo M community...Both very capable guys in what they're doing...

When I pilot my drag car, I keep telling the guys that we wanna get closer to the times of the AMS drag car.... When I pilot my street driven Evo 9...I tell myself that DB's got a 9 sec in one of these...street driven!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 03:52 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ yeah but remember that a lot of info can be ascertained from a drag car too....combined Buschur and AMS make the Evo into a freakin monster for all of us to enjoy....that is really what's important IMO
Old Oct 20, 2008, 04:52 AM
E7R
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MaelstroM
^^^ yeah but remember that a lot of info can be ascertained from a drag car too....combined Buschur and AMS make the Evo into a freakin monster for all of us to enjoy....that is really what's important IMO
+1000

Quick Reply: 9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!