Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great power you got there. Good luck at the track!!
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The dyno chart looks awesome!
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Today at the same 42 psi of boost the car was loaded back on the dyno and ran again. It made an absolutely amazing 724 whp and 536 ft lbs of torque.
Very impressive - good spool characteristics too. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious to see what it does in street trim. I think Robert got the balance right with this one. Good luck to you at the track.

Originally Posted by vwjeff
DOES THIS MADNESS EVER END?
Your final mod: Zoloft®
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:10 PM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ted B

Your final mod: Zoloft®

It would be more humane to make that your first mod!

Dan (drb)
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:12 PM
Account Disabled

any updates from tonight?
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:21 PM
Account Disabled

It was interesting two weeks ago when we were compraing the PT 62 MM turbo on Suman's car - (making 680 whp on pump and meth) - to the HTA35 on the BAD BISH - (making 747 on VP Import). Not that the PT HTA86 and the PT 62 are identical or totally comparable, but the difference may be similar to the difference on the HTA35 to the HTA86.

When we put the two graphs against each other the HTA86 was just slightly slower spooling, by about 200 - 300 rpms on the bottom end. After that, they were similar to 6,200 rpms or so and then after that the 62 mm started to pull away and was making a huge climb by 7,000 rpms.

These new 62mm sized larger billet wheels are very promising.

I have been working with the PT HTA88 in my Evo now for some time and its one killer wheel.

Compared to the T67 wheel, the 88 is capable of at least 10 psi more boost and just kills it as far as spool up.

I am going to say this right now. These new turbos from PT and FP are going to be a revolution on turbo performance. Not just Evos are going to benefit from these turbos - Hondas, Subarus, Domestic, etc etc etc

The GT35 has been a bench mark turbo for so long, old reliable. So many tuners are used to what it is capable of and its limitations. The old bench marks have all just been erased.

Exciting times.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Sick turbo

Corrected for ambient conditions it is still a 30 WHP gain up top and probably 20 WHP on average after the torque peaks.
Attached Thumbnails 9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!-hta3586r.jpg  
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
It is extremely regretable to me to first off all and most importantly say goodbye to my good friend Tom tonight after the race track. It was an emotional moment for both of us. I feel we have made an extremely good friendship over these last three weeks and I can honestly say I was very-very sad to see him leave for his trip back home. Tom, I'm going to miss you buddy, I'll see you in a few weeks when we come through Oklahoma. Have a safe trip home.

The other thing that was very regretable was we got only one pass in before the car ate the rear differential. Monday when we were loading the car in the trailer we heard a loud "pop" come from the rear end. We all dismissed it. It's rather obvious at this point something was broken inside the rear differential then.

Trent pulled to the line tonight, left on the two step and the tires spun hard, he lifted for a fraction of a second, the car fell completely out of boost and fell on it's face. As soon as it hit boost again it was all over the place spinning and moving all over the lane from the starting line to the finish line. 9.5 at 157.9 mph, no power shifting, big bog on the starting line and either no traction or the differential was broken already.

Next pass a short burn out and then right after the car left the line it broke completely and Trent lifted and backed up.

I felt very sick inside when the car broke. I know it's part of racing but I truly wanted Tom to go 8's and I wanted him to do it tonight, before I got a chance to do it myself. Ruined my night not seeing him hit 8's.

The car is there, this is all part of racing. At this power level it's inevitable that something is going to break.

We certainly had our share of ups and downs over this last 3 weeks but we figured out and improved on more things that we have in a very long time.

Have a safe trip Tom.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Sucks David. I guess the torch has briefly been passed back to you.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:54 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
It is extremely regretable to me to first off all and most importantly say goodbye to my good friend Tom tonight after the race track. It was an emotional moment for both of us. I feel we have made an extremely good friendship over these last three weeks and I can honestly say I was very-very sad to see him leave for his trip back home. Tom, I'm going to miss you buddy, I'll see you in a few weeks when we come through Oklahoma. Have a safe trip home.

The other thing that was very regretable was we got only one pass in before the car ate the rear differential. Monday when we were loading the car in the trailer we heard a loud "pop" come from the rear end. We all dismissed it. It's rather obvious at this point something was broken inside the rear differential then.

Trent pulled to the line tonight, left on the two step and the tires spun hard, he lifted for a fraction of a second, the car fell completely out of boost and fell on it's
face. As soon as it hit boost again it was all over the place spinning and moving all over the lane from the starting line to the finish line. 9.5 at 157.9 mph, no power shifting, big bog on the starting line and either no traction or the differential was broken already.

Next pass a short burn out and then right after the car left the line it broke completely and Trent lifted and backed up.

I felt very sick inside when the car broke. I know it's part of racing but I truly wanted Tom to go 8's and I wanted him to do it tonight, before I got a chance to do it myself. Ruined my night not seeing him hit 8's.

The car is there, this is all part of racing. At this power level it's inevitable that something is going to break.

We certainly had our share of ups and downs over this last 3 weeks but we figured out and improved on more things that we have in a very long time.

Have a safe trip Tom.
Tom is a very stand up honest and caring person and a cool dude!

I agree its a shame that he did not go 8's tonight.

As I recently discovered myself (last weeekend) the stock Evo rear dff is a weak link in the driveline.

If the goal was to get down the track and win races and have fun I am sure the rear diffs can last forever with moderate, conservative launches.

When you are trying to set new records and shatter times that is when you start to focus on super fast 60' times and you start to send more shock to the rear and that is when the rears start to fail.

Hopefully, in future months someone can devleop an upgraded pinion for the Evo 8 rear diff as the stock one certainly seems like a weak link.

Again, sad to see that Tom did not reach his 8 second goal - but heck he did recah the stock apperaing goal which was a huge accomplishment and he now has a really fast machine for Tony to enjoy !

I am already looking forward to the spring Buschur Import event to see everyone again.

Al
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Man that does suck. You are right though, at that power level you WILL break something just like you said in your video.

Sick turbo btw.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

shlt , sorry to hear about that diff again Dave and Tom. What can you do when making that kinda power it becomes unpredictable what mite happen. There is only one way to race , and its all or nothing , cant help but to break stuff.

If you aint breakin you aint racin!!!!!
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:02 PM
Account Disabled

sorry to hear that but look how much both of you have accomplished in 3 weeks...2 records and a **** load of power
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think its all a bunch of hype and Buschur should send me a few turbos for some independent non-lab testing as I am an unbiased third party.

Come on Dave you cant blame a guy for trying.

Awesome numbers. I do have one question though, when will this madness stop.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bummer...have a safe trip home Tom and keep that beast shiny side up Tony. that is going to be two handfuls of FUN. that is one awesome b-day present!

Quick Reply: 9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!