Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You got 8s in your MPH. My buddy ran 8.6s @ 157. This was in a big inch windsor with lots of N02. Not to mention the glide helps with a 1.34 60'
Old Oct 18, 2008, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I can say is that when we ran the HTA 82 here months ago its was awesome how it spooled up and much more power at the top... definitely placing my order for this power house immediately!
Old Oct 18, 2008, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

sorry if I missed it but is this a T3 or T4 setup?
Old Oct 18, 2008, 05:41 AM
Account Disabled

good effort guys...if you aren't breaking, you aren't going fast
Old Oct 18, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks to all of you for the kind words, it means a lot.

Jarrod, thank you. You and I are great friends and I sure appreciate your respect.

Tom's car has a .82 A/R 2.5" discharge 4 bolt turbine housing on it. All of our turbos are T3 based.

As for the rear end. The first one broke from a failed stock side differential support, nothing happened to the actual differential. This is the first diff he's broken. My RS and our black car never broke one. We are all running stock axles even. None of us are interested in bolting in a diff from another car. It's easy to not break a diff when a car only makes 2 passes a year...............
Old Oct 18, 2008, 06:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
As for the rear end. The first one broke from a failed stock side differential support, nothing happened to the actual differential. This is the first diff he's broken. My RS and our black car never broke one. We are all running stock axles even. None of us are interested in bolting in a diff from another car. It's easy to not break a diff when a car only makes 2 passes a year...............
And I would add to that running a gutted tin can with no significant weight. As many will realize the weight of the car at launch is critical in the stress to driveline parts. Obviously a true street car will see more stress than a gutted race car.

My stock rear diff lasted a short 6 years of drag action before it gave up.

Al
Old Oct 18, 2008, 07:58 AM
Former Sponsor

With that much power, keep in mind that 700+hp street type cars (4G63) were unheard of only a few years ago, things will break. In fact lots of things can break. Tom knows this, and has spares for lots of these "consumables" in the trailer I would imagine.

But I have to wonder how much that rear end bounce on the launches contributed to breaking the rear diff if the diff failure was really an internal gear type failure. Normally shock peaks are what kill these gears and wheel hop or bounce on the launch isnt a good way to easy the power thru the driveline. I remember Tom pointing out to me that the rear end was bouncing more than he liked and was considering a spring change to help smooth that out. There are SOOOO many different things to keep in mind when you get up to this power level, and when guys like Tom and David and Trent take a car to the track ad make it look so freaking easy sometimes it is easy to overlook how much prep and hard work goes into making sure every little detail is correct.

I'm sure it is only a short matter of time before Tom and Tony are back terrorizing the tracks of OK and Texas
Old Oct 18, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Have my turbo kit on order! Woo Hoo!

Tom, sorry about your car last night! It was nice to get to see you and hang out a few times while you were here! Your a great guy and glad your part of the Buschur Family!

Have a safe trip home!

Tony, be careful with that thing, its a beast!
Old Oct 18, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

I believe 9sec9 is running FP5R....

I thought FP5R is too big for 35R series turbo?
Old Oct 18, 2008, 08:53 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance
With that much power, keep in mind that 700+hp street type cars (4G63) were unheard of only a few years ago, things will break. In fact lots of things can break. Tom knows this, and has spares for lots of these "consumables" in the trailer I would imagine.

But I have to wonder how much that rear end bounce on the launches contributed to breaking the rear diff if the diff failure was really an internal gear type failure. Normally shock peaks are what kill these gears and wheel hop or bounce on the launch isnt a good way to easy the power thru the driveline. I remember Tom pointing out to me that the rear end was bouncing more than he liked and was considering a spring change to help smooth that out. There are SOOOO many different things to keep in mind when you get up to this power level, and when guys like Tom and David and Trent take a car to the track ad make it look so freaking easy sometimes it is easy to overlook how much prep and hard work goes into making sure every little detail is correct.

I'm sure it is only a short matter of time before Tom and Tony are back terrorizing the tracks of OK and Texas

Fobert as usual you are spot on

Of course wheel hop is the dreaded enemy

Smooth, even launches where the traction is applied in a consistant manner hardly ever cause any damage

It is those bumping up and down boucing bronco launches which result in major damage every time

For example

Race Man did this launch on my EVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjpLMXmHWyY

Two passes later my rear end broke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9h08KOohqw

Now that you have once again revolutionzed the turbo scene - we all will be playing catch up on driveline and suspension parts

Thanks for a great new turbo

Boost ON !
Old Oct 18, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Impressive power, and no loss in spool time. Nice!
Old Oct 18, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
And I would add to that running a gutted tin can with no significant weight. As many will realize the weight of the car at launch is critical in the stress to driveline parts. Obviously a true street car will see more stress than a gutted race car.

Al
Yeah but you also have to realize is that "they" are launching with a hell of a lot more power too.

Last edited by ericblackevo8; Oct 18, 2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

going thru st louis now. will post feelings later
Old Oct 18, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

Al
Sorry guys. I didnt mean any harm in my post, just wanted to offer a good product to the evo owners to help keep them at the track without dissapointing rides home. Ive been there, done that and its not fun. With that said im done in this thread.

Good luck guys.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

hmm whats the rear end in your drag car Dave?

Quick Reply: 9sec9's, HTA86 powered EVO9 destroy's our dyno!