Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Wilson V2 - FP Green results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
My job as a performance consultant consists of providing sound advice. You asked for more power, we declined to work with the AEM as it would not and did not add any power.

You chose to second guess our advice and proved it to yourself in the end. Sometimes we have learned ourselves in the same way so we don't blame you. Just as was stated by another poster, you wanted a second opinion. Fair enough.

So no, we are not in the business of selling, installing, advising and tuning parts that will not increase the performance of the vehicle, which brings us back to the reason why threads like these are posted in the first place. To educate the public and performance advisors so that they have the knowledge available to provide to their clients.

Proved what in the end??? That I could go quicker with a better tuner and a group of people that know how to get the job done without excuses. Get ahold of yourself. Your delusional at best.... Everytime you bring me into your discussions I promised you I'll be there to explain the truth. The car is now a record holder due to another tuner, their experience, and the aem. Not Scott at TTP and his lack of enthusiasm. I'm done in this thread, I said what was needed and it is the truth. You can stay in here and spread more lies. I'm not gonna get stuck with more points debating this discussion with you. I'm the record holder, NOT you. I wish the op the best in getting the situation resolved. It is a great mani and just needs some tender loving care. I am confident Mike can fix the problem....

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Oct 23, 2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aside from all the BS going on this thread, the bottom line is that the OP added 2 mods to his car and it lost a big amount of power. End of story. I would take off those 2 mods and put the car back the way it was making strong numbers with the Green and on pump. Everybody is blaming everything but the parts that where added.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by razorlab
Oh c'mon, you being a dyno operator should know exactly why this is.

Hint: the torque and horsepower scales are different.

So will a Mustang if the weather station is used.

Why was this even posted in this thread?
Hey Bryan if you want to be a smart *** let me know. I can play this game with you all day long on socalevo and also at the track
Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
Aside from all the BS going on this thread, the bottom line is that the OP added 2 mods to his car and it lost a big amount of power. End of story. I would take off those 2 mods and put the car back the way it was making strong numbers with the Green and on pump. Everybody is blaming everything but the parts that where added.
+1 This thread isn't about tuning a car using an AEM. It's about a stock ECU car that has an Evo Green turbo and a Wilson V2 intake mani.

Everything else is just off-topic and slanderous.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor

So if you added a downpipe and exhaust that made power on 20 different cars to your car and it lost power you would just pull it all off and go back to stock?? Thats not exactly the way to make progress.. there are 100's of things that could have caused ozzies car to lose power.. We are going to look over it all and not just jump to pull parts off until we can determine 100% what is the cause of this loss of power..
Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

we have no idea if he lost big power because the boost was different and it was dynoed on different days. And sure, thats the best thing to do is just throw away a 1500 mani that has proven itself over and over LOL... Sort the problem out and redo tuning back to back. It is a very simple thing to disect. Dyno it just the way it is, then remove the mani and install the other mani and dyno again. That will solve the issue as to whats what.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by vboy425
Hey Bryan if you want to be a smart *** let me know. I can play this game with you all day long on socalevo and also at the track
That wasn't me being a smartass. That was A. Explaining why the tq/hp doesn't cross at 5252 like you asked and B. asking what another dyno has to do with this thread.

If I was being a smart ***, you would know it.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
we have no idea if he lost big power because the boost was different and it was dynoed on different days. And sure, thats the best thing to do is just throw away a 1500 mani that has proven itself over and over LOL... Sort the problem out and redo tuning back to back. It is a very simple thing to disect. Dyno it just the way it is, then remove the mani and install the other mani and dyno again. That will solve the issue as to whats what.
yes throw the mani away....better yet he can send it to me to throw away ahha....i dont understand why ttp is on the defensive so much in this thread,if the tune is on and the parts dont work why are they so threatened by the prospect of a second opinion...the op should let awd check it out,if the parts dont work im sure they will verify ttp's findings
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Because TTP LOVES getting defensive... It's second nature to them. Maybe even insecurity.

-E
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
So if you added a downpipe and exhaust that made power on 20 different cars to your car and it lost power you would just pull it all off and go back to stock?? Thats not exactly the way to make progress.. there are 100's of things that could have caused ozzies car to lose power.. We are going to look over it all and not just jump to pull parts off until we can determine 100% what is the cause of this loss of power..

Like a lot of people and I know you guys have tried different combination of parts that just dont work together. In this case the Intake Manifold and the Ignition system is not working with his set up. The OP's was running great and now it seems to have lost power with the new Mods. No reason to throw away the manifold just maybe try a new one from the same company or a diffrent one.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Like a lot of people and I know you guys have tried different combination of parts that just dont work together. In this case the Intake Manifold and the Ignition system is not working with his set up. The OP's was running great and now it seems to have lost power with the new Mods. No reason to throw away the manifold just maybe try a new one from the same company or a diffrent one.

We dont know if the Manifold is the cause of the loss of power since it was not dynod before the install... Did anyone do a compression test, leakdown, etc?? NO.. I would not assume a loss in power is from the new parts when the dyno test was done 2 months apart.. so the 1st option is not to pull the parts..
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
its really hard to say if the mani and ignition cost the power or not...if im not mistaken the car wasn't dynoed back to back,for all we know the car may have had issues before the install that negatively affected the performance....only way to know for certain is to dyno the car, change manifolds and redyno within a very short amount of time
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Hopefully is something simple. I just wish Ozzie good luck with it and hopefully it gets all figured out.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I dont agree with this...the OP took a gamble by being one of the FIRST to try it on his setup with a smaller turbo and less boost than the 20 other cars the manifolds have had success on....

The cars with success with the manifold are running alot more boost on VP Import or c16....but havent seen any results from a smaller turbo and less boost...Yes DB and the 500 pump gass cars are seeing success with the manifold but maybe this just isnt the right manifold for a smaller turbo, less boost car....anyone think about that?.....Im not at all putting the mani down at all as i was thinking about getting one but with a 1500 price tag i wanted to see more results on pump and less boost than the other cars running the manifold...

If i were the OP i would take it to AWD and take Mike up on his offer and do back to back testing the same day and see what happens....
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
I dont agree with this...the OP took a gamble by being one of the FIRST to try it on his setup with a smaller turbo and less boost than the 20 other cars the manifolds have had success on....

The cars with success with the manifold are running alot more boost on VP Import or c16....but havent seen any results from a smaller turbo and less boost...Yes DB and the 500 pump gass cars are seeing success with the manifold but maybe this just isnt the right manifold for a smaller turbo, less boost car....anyone think about that?.....Im not at all putting the mani down at all as i was thinking about getting one but with a 1500 price tag i wanted to see more results on pump and less boost than the other cars running the manifold...

If i were the OP i would take it to AWD and take Mike up on his offer and do back to back testing the same day and see what happens....

You said you dont agree but then the last line you agreed?? I am aware the OP took a chance by just adding parts.. And I agree just because 20 cars make power with a part it might not on your car but the only way to know that is dyno before and after not just pull the parts off..

Quick Reply: Wilson V2 - FP Green results