Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Wilson V2 - FP Green results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i didnt agree with anything on the last line....but it seems something is going on over at TTP....so as i said if i were him i would take it to your shop to figure the problem out if there is a problem so you could actually test the mani back to back on the same day....

Last edited by Shacochis06; Oct 23, 2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is nothing keeping Ozzie from removing the manifold at our facility and testing back to back. He however is not interested in removing it at this time. For the price, its hard to swallow having to reverse your mods.

Numbers can be thrown around all day long.

20 people using the V2 manifold on BR block and stage 3 head?

Really? So name then and provide the dynosheets. Otherwise its just hot air being blown.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
There is nothing keeping Ozzie from removing the manifold at our facility and testing back to back. He however is not interested in removing it at this time. For the price, its hard to swallow having to reverse your mods.

Numbers can be thrown around all day long.

20 people using the V2 manifold on BR block and stage 3 head?

Really? So name then and provide the dynosheets. Otherwise its just hot air being blown.

hmm who said anything about 20 people using the V2 on BR block and Head?? I didnt read that..

I dont care if a part had been used only by 2 people.. I would never pull it off my car until i dyno the same day with the parts swapped to reach an accurate conclusion that they lost power.. I dont know.. thats how i do things..

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Oct 23, 2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:48 PM
Account Disabled

So thne why dont you let him test it at your shop Scott...cut him a deal just let him pay for dyno time or dont charge him at all....and do the test youself so everyone can see actual results if the V2 is to big for smallerturbos and less bost..
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by reactionevo8
yes throw the mani away....better yet he can send it to me to throw away ahha....i dont understand why ttp is on the defensive so much in this thread,if the tune is on and the parts dont work why are they so threatened by the prospect of a second opinion...the op should let awd check it out,if the parts dont work im sure they will verify ttp's findings
If you took the vendor attacks we take on a monthly basis, you would be on the defensive at all times.

Its not a prospect of a 2nd opinion.

AWDMotorsports already solicited them tuning services which were declined by the OP.

AWDMotorsports is one of two Wilson V2 dealers.

Having the dealer of the part being retailed where commissions $ are generated is not an unbiased place to conduct such a test.

We have zero interest in proving the manifold either works or does not work. We are unbiased and will tune the OP to the best of the part combination's ability whatever the results end up being.

We had no problem tuning the car to 426whp on 93 octane with a BR engine, intake manifold, TB and head and we are not a dealer of his products.

These are some facts to consider.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
If you took the vendor attacks we take on a monthly basis, you would be on the defensive at all times.

Its not a prospect of a 2nd opinion.

AWDMotorsports already solicited them tuning services which were declined by the OP.

AWDMotorsports is one of two Wilson V2 dealers.

Having the dealer of the part being retailed where commissions $ are generated is not an unbiased place to conduct such a test.

We have zero interest in proving the manifold either works or does not work. We are unbiased and will tune the OP to the best of the part combination's ability whatever the results end up being.

We had no problem tuning the car to 426whp on 93 octane with a BR engine, intake manifold, TB and head and we are not a dealer of his products.

These are some facts to consider.

And having a car tuned at a shop that has issues with Both the Installer and the COP company doesnt make for an Unbiased tune..

At the end of the day i sold Ozzie the part and of course i would 100% want the car to make the most power and if it does it does.. I cannot manipulate the Dynojet at all so what it makes it makes.. If it makes the power great, if we cant get it to make the power then we decide what do to do next...

Btw.. We did not solicit tuning the car.. I asked when we did the install " are we tuning it " ozzie said he was taking it to you and i never said another thing.. simple as that..
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
TTP if your so set on the mani being junk why not prove it yourself. pull the v2 off. put the stock one on. document everything and do a back to back. otherwise tell the damn car owner to goto AWD motorsports and have them do it.

AWD.
if he comes you should do it for free. IF the car gains power and the customer is happy AFTER doing the test then a fee should be paid for your work. if it looses hp/trq and whatever else then your time should be donated.

TTP.
its a intake manifold. your not working for nasa... i can swap them out my self in no time and im just a weekend wrencher.... back up your statements or quit the BS your creating in this thread between vendors.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodan2004
TTP if your so set on the mani being junk why not prove it yourself. pull the v2 off. put the stock one on. document everything and do a back to back. otherwise tell the damn car owner to goto AWD motorsports and have them do it.

AWD.
if he comes you should do it for free. IF the car gains power and the customer is happy AFTER doing the test then a fee should be paid for your work. if it looses hp/trq and whatever else then your time should be donated.

TTP.
its a intake manifold. your not working for nasa... i can swap them out my self in no time and im just a weekend wrencher.... back up your statements or quit the BS your creating in this thread between vendors.
At the end of the day i am going to do it for free.. Every bit of what i made on the install will be lost but I am stand up VENDOR and will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy.. Ill have an entire day dedicated to resolving the issue and no matter what, i will make sure Ozzie is happy.. PERIOD..

Mike
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
And having a car tuned at a shop that has issues with Both the Installer and the COP company doesnt make for an Unbiased tune..

At the end of the day i sold Ozzie the part and of course i would 100% want the car to make the most power and if it does it does.. I cannot manipulate the Dynojet at all so what it makes it makes.. If it makes the power great, if we cant get it to make the power then we decide what do to do next...

Btw.. We did not solicit tuning the car.. I asked when we did the install " are we tuning it " ozzie said he was taking it to you and i never said another thing.. simple as that..

the c.o.p. issues he had were from his own ignorance and fault. craig tried working with this guy. but you cant stick a square through a oval. and im not getting to into the real details here but TTP also is leaving out some heavy facts on his part on what he did/didnet do but yet only posts up negative remarks tords a guy ''craig'' that did nothing wrong to begin with.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
At the end of the day i am going to do it for free.. Every bit of what i made on the install will be lost but I am stand up VENDOR and will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy.. Ill have an entire day dedicated to resolving the issue and no matter what, i will make sure Ozzie is happy.. PERIOD..

Mike

and that right there is more then anyone can ask for. way to step up and donate your time. A+
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
So thne why dont you let him test it at your shop Scott...cut him a deal just let him pay for dyno time or dont charge him at all....and do the test youself so everyone can see actual results if the V2 is to big for smallerturbos and less bost..
We have already spoken and he is scheduled to come back in to run some more tests on the ignition system and plugs.

Our reputation and customer satisfaction rating is represented in our feedback ratings.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Oct 23, 2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
Hopefully is something simple. I just wish Ozzie good luck with it and hopefully it gets all figured out.
+1 Ozzie's a cool dude
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
MAYBE THE STAGE 3 HEAD MAKES THE ENGINE TOO EFFICIENT FOR THE GREEN TO SUPPORT BOOST PRESSURES THAT MAKE POWER...

Why does everything have to devolve into a peeing contest on this forum? Instead of discovering why people experience certain things and looking for answers, all some want to do is assign blame immediately if not sooner.

I don't think anyone has considered that there may be "nothing" wrong with this car. The stage 3 head + V2 + Green could be the issue. Not the tune. Not the parts. Not the engineering...but what do I know anyways...
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
MAYBE THE STAGE 3 HEAD MAKES THE ENGINE TOO EFFICIENT FOR THE GREEN TO SUPPORT BOOST PRESSURES THAT MAKE POWER...

Why does everything have to devolve into a peeing contest on this forum? Instead of discovering why people experience certain things and looking for answers, all some want to do is assign blame immediately if not sooner.

I don't think anyone has considered that there may be "nothing" wrong with this car. The stage 3 head + V2 + Green could be the issue. Not the tune. Not the parts. Not the engineering...but what do I know anyways...

MAYBE'S DONT GET YOU DEFINITIVE ANSWERS..

ITS ALL SPECULATION UNTIL YOU DYNO THE CAR, SWITCH MANIFOLDS AND DYNO AGAIN WHICH IS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO..
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
This thread is so ridiculous; it has turned into a TTP bashing thread for no reason other than it was his dyno being used for tuning. If he wants to withhold from posting dyno graphs/logs/tunes that is his and the customer's choice as it is their property and they have no responsibility to any of you for that information. This thread was started by Ozzie to state that this manifold did not benefit his personal setup, I don't recall anywhere reading that it is a bad product or a waste on all setups. Just because something works on one car doesn't mean it will work on all; this is obviously a concept that some of you can not grasp yet. Let this thread die...the OP has already quit posting and he is the one that should be the most concerned about his results!

Quick Reply: Wilson V2 - FP Green results