Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Dyno results: Peakboost FTW GT3076R @ 22 psi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tribe
Soon2BEVO: Power band looks very similar to the graph on AMS website for GT3076R on a 2.0L with AEM EMS and pump gas (418whp/340ft-lb). I'm not sure about the compression ratio with my BR head/block.

EVOCRAZY: A built engine doesn't really give you more power, just the reliability to run more boost. Maybe I'm a sissy running 22 psi, but I don't trust running more boost on pump gas for road course use.

Ken: No datalogs right now.. I haven't received them yet from the tuner.

VividRacing: 2.0L

I'm more than willing to take donations on more aggressive cams
I asked this cause I made about the same hp and more tq than you on stock head,block HKS 272's and stock ecu on pump gas, on the same dyno. Ive been around I know what a built motor does, I was assuming you had a ported head ect.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 10:00 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ev0cRaZy
I asked this cause I made about the same hp and more tq than you on stock head,block HKS 272's and stock ecu on pump gas, on the same dyno. Ive been around I know what a built motor does, I was assuming you had a ported head ect.
I'm sure there's more in it, seems that the timing is pretty conservative, especially in the topend.

Maybe I'm a sissy running 22 psi, but I don't trust running more boost on pump gas for road course use.
naw, when you're beating on a car as much as these timeattacks require, being conservative with the tune is pretty key. HEAT IS MURDER

__________________________________________________ _______________

the tq curve looks very similar to that of the magical "twin scroll", but with much less torque decline in the topend and half the price

can't wait to see the logs Bob
Old Oct 25, 2008, 04:01 PM

How much torque and at what PSI?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by funnyclub
Hey Mate what spec gt3076 is it?
Also what do you hit full boost by on the road?
0.60 AR on the compressor
0.63 AR on the turbine

I don't have any logs with boost on the road, but it's about the same as the dyno graph - 4200 rpm or so.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 04:06 PM

I forgot to ask, which turbo were you running? In general, the faster a turbo spools, the more torque it will make at the same boost levels.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

I forgot to ask, which turbo were you running? In general, the faster a turbo spools, the more torque it will make at the same boost levels.
Exactly, Mines a lot bigger.

Mines in my Sig. PSI was 22-23psi
Old Oct 25, 2008, 04:55 PM

Exactly, Mines a lot bigger.

Mines in my Sig. PSI was 22-23psi
How much torque did yours make and at what RPM? I'd like to see your dyno chart. Mine looks almost identical to the AMS GT3076R 2.0L dyno chart with a AEM EMS, so I don't have any reason to think there's anything significantly wrong with the torque output.

Another possible difference is the BR block maybe lower in compression, which would definitely hurt torque.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

I dont have the sheet with me, im sure Kasey could pull it up off the computer if its saved.

But i think thats highly low for that dyno.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

I dont have the sheet with me, im sure Kasey could pull it up off the computer if its saved.

But i think thats highly low for that dyno.
The torque is low because he has a aem truboost boost controller. Their is no gain setting on this bc, like the greddy profecb controller! So the boost is only going to 16 to 18 psi by 5k and climbing to 22 to 23 at the top of the gear! With a better boost controller this car would make alot more torque. I would say around 50ftlbs more!
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:53 PM

Looks great but the numbers do seem a bit low for that set-up on that dyno. IDK though.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:48 PM
Account Disabled

I think it looks like a killer powerband. But I'd love to see a log if you get a chance Bob
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by PeakBoost
I think it looks like a killer powerband. But I'd love to see a log if you get a chance Bob
The powerband is sweet. I'm not as worried about peak numbers as the usable power band.

My tuner said he deleted the logs... I'm going to take it back to the dyno after I change the WG spring and do a bit more street tuning. Hoping the stiffer WG spring will help spoolup a bit. I'll definitely get some logs myself next time.