Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

The Shop Ct Is #1 Jimmy&junior

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 06:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onesexyevo
It all started with me bringing my car up to ics in stamford i had some parts and a tune done by al.my car ran like **** i was upset be cause i spent alot of moeny up there and my car was ****.Im not going to lie gerorge at ics tried to help me he figured out the problem and fixed it but al is a very irrogant person he has no people skills what so ever so for that i wish not deal with him or ics.

I wanted to take a minute to discuss this incident more clearly as your description of the situation is somewhat lacking and missing some important details.

First, if you don't care for my services and choose to do business elsewhere that is your perogative and I respect your decision. However, I would expect that you would retain some level of honesty and accuracy in what you are posting on the internet about the situation.

Just to refresh your memory, your car came in to ICS to have cams that you purchased installed and a tune.

After your cams were installed - (I don't remember which ones) - your car would not idle properly and I spent a lot of time trying to do everything I could on the tuning side to correct the poor idle and correct the problem. After some time, I realized that the problem was not a tuning problem - but rather a parts compatability issue and suggested that additional MECHANICAL diagnostic time would be needed to get to the root of the problem.

Also, your car had a significant transfer case noise and metal material in the transfer case.

I would like to add at this point, that often cars come in to get tuned that have pre-existing problems and throwing more parts at them is not going to make the pre-existing problem go away.

You towed your car home.

At some point you later took the car to our compeditor in Bridgeport and apparently they proceeded to change a whole bunch more parts in a misguided effort to resolve the original idle problem.

From what I could gather, your cams were changed, your Injectors were changed, your turbo was changed and a AEM EMS was attempted - all of which failed to correct the problem.

You were told that the problem was related to an electrical issue.

At this point George contacted you after you had posted a similar attack on ICS and offered to do what he could to resolve your idle problem and offered to do what ever it took to correct the situation at no cost to you as a customer service.

George put our Grade A electrical tech Baldy on the job for 3 full days to diagnose and check every wire in the engine harness, swap ecus and injectors and go over every aspect of the car at no expense or charge to you.

At the end of the day it was George who finally found the problem with your car, when the cooling fan would come on the soft hose intake maf tube that YOU HAD PURCHASED and installed YOURSELF was colapsing under the vacum and flow of the cooling fan and creating the idle problem.

George obtained a HKS intake I believe with hard metal pipe and your car was retuned and ran flawlessly. I remember this vividly as when it was done, George and I went for a long test drive for several hours to check and recheck every possible driving situation to make sure that the problem was 100% gone and the car was just about as perfectly running as an Evo could be.

At the end of the day, clearly, the reason why your car was "running like * * * * " as you say had nothing to do with my tuning and was not our fault. I don't think it is resaonable or honest for your to make such a representation and in fact I find your insinuation very misleading and devious. This is especially the case since you spent a significant amount of money at this other facility in Bridgeport buying different cams, injectors and other parts all of which were totally un-needed.

In your case, George went out of his way, loosing hundreds of dollars in tech time, to find your problem and get it resolved so that you could enjoy your car. Clearly it was the part that you bought and installed that created the problem, not ICS or myself.

In the end, it would have been nice if you could have at least appreciated the time and effort that ICS spent to help you out and also appreciated the fact that ICS was the team which got the problem fixed.

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 30, 2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:05 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by boybeatertsi
Naw, I've known Al for a very long time now .. My car had non-bushur parts and ran just fine. Nor did he bash them .. I've heard about lots of experiences with all, and not all are bad. Just because one person had a bad experience, doesn't mean that everyone will.

From what I've heard, the number made at THESHOP's dyno are a little bit high and probably have a different correction factor or something when compared to the dyno at ICS. Numbers are always different depending on dyno. Dyno is pointless to me, I see what the numbers are a the track.

I was at the shop maybe two months ago? I asked a price for tuning the X (I'm a big fan of Kenny), but didn't ever get an answer so went to the bro man! And I will be back to see Al again in the future!! I really don't think the fact that I'm a girl really effects the TUNE in my car .. haha

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

I appreciate your business and support.

I have been tuning Evos full time since September of 2003 and my work has taken me from Alaska to Honolulu to El Salvador and everywhere in between. I have tuned many thousands of Evos and Subarus. While it is impossible to please everyone, George and I go the extra mile to do what ever we can to do what ever we can to put the customer first and resolve any problem to the customer's satisfaction.

There are many options and choices available to customers in the high performance industry in our region and we take great pride in the fact that most of our customers we work with on a day to day basis are previous customers who are pleased with our services and fair prices and who are comming back to see us again and again over the years. In fact some of our customers are on their 2nd and even 3rd Evo.

The situation of the OP of this thread is a perfect example of how ICS responds to a "problem" and how determined we are to do the right thing by the customer.

AL

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 30, 2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 04:44 PM

Ok al what ever you say pal.First of all from the time you started working on my car all you did was talk b.s about my parts and how they are junk why because they arent buschar parts.You tuned my car and the car ran like **** and you knew it ran like **** but there was nothing you could do then you just let my car go after i paid you 2500.00 but oh yea because it wasn't buschar parts right?

When i dropped off my car it was mint no noises nor dents then i take out my car for the first time which was 3 days after i picked it up and all of a sudden the death howl.I called you and broght it up u drained the fluid and all you can say is it will cost you 3400 to fix it then you want to charge me 200.00 to top off the fluids so i was pissed and got my car out of there.

Oh yea lets talk about the dent u denied putting on there you claimed you guys never did it but george told me himself that is was done when the car was on the lift it hit the heater on the ceiling when lifting the car.George and i worked it out but u swore up and down it wasnt done there.Oh yea that intake george got me still cost me 450.00.

Your talking **** about the shop where i brought it but yet i wanted jimmy only to diagnose the problem which i wasnt charged for he wanted one more day and i said no let ics handle it since the problem started with them jimmy was cool with that didnt say one word.

i brought the car back to jimmy and he did a cam, turbo and intercooler swap and i've been happy ever since jimmy is the owner and he acuatlly works on the cars you have to give him credit for that since then the shop gets all of my bussiness thanks to jimmy and junior and all of the guys down there you guys are awesome thank you

One more thing al its funny how im starting to see alot of your former top customers cars sitting at the shop must tell you something. Like i said al you have alot to learn about customer service something you lack!!

Last edited by onesexyevo; Oct 31, 2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paragraphs are your friend.

I have nothing bad to say about Jimmy, George, or Al. None of my experiences with either have ever been bad and they have all gone out of their way to help me.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Jimmy is cool guy, but then again I feel george is also mad cool never had issues with either of them.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:39 AM

My issue wasnt with george he tried to help me out,its about al and his poor *** attitude....

Last edited by onesexyevo; Oct 31, 2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 09:37 AM
Account Disabled

Ok al what ever you say pal.First of all from the time you started working on my car all you did was talk b.s about my parts and how they are junk why because they arent buschar parts.You tuned my car and the car ran like **** and you knew it ran like **** but there was nothing you could do then you just let my car go after i paid you 2500.00 but oh yea because it wasn't buschar parts right?

When i dropped off my car it was mint no noises nor dents then i take out my car for the first time which was 3 days after i picked it up and all of a sudden the death howl.I called you and broght it up u drained the fluid and all you can say is it will cost you 3400 to fix it then you want to charge me 200.00 to top off the fluids so i was pissed and got my car out of there.

Oh yea lets talk about the dent u denied putting on there you claimed you guys never did it but george told me himself that is was done when the car was on the lift it hit the heater on the ceiling when lifting the car.George and i worked it out but u swore up and down it wasnt done there.Oh yea that intake george got me still cost me 450.00.

Your talking **** about the shop where i brought it but yet i wanted jimmy only to diagnose the problem which i wasnt charged for he wanted one more day and i said no let ics handle it since the problem started with them jimmy was cool with that didnt say one word.

i brought the car back to jimmy and he did a cam, turbo and intercooler swap and i've been happy ever since jimmy is the owner and he acuatlly works on the cars you have to give him credit for that since then the shop gets all of my bussiness thanks to jimmy and junior and all of the guys down there you guys are awesome thank you

One more thing al its funny how im starting to see alot of your former top customers cars sitting at the shop must tell you something. Like i said al you have alot to learn about customer service something you lack!!

I think this is growing old, you obviously prefer your new facility and feel more confortable there so I have to respect your opinion and that is that.

I am trying to prevent myself from being drawn into a pissing match against The Shop as I prefer to let my work speak for itself and not degrade or attack my fellow tuners. I like the guys at The Shop and they are just trying to earn a living as I am also. Its customers like yourself who try and stir up problems. I have nothing bad to say about any of my fellow tuners.

You assert that many of my top customers are at the shop. I want you to know that nearly every day former customers of the shop come by our place with their cars. Since we are in close proximity we have many customers who go back and forth. I could list dozens of examples - its a waste of time and child like. I have better things to do.

If this has to turn nasty and ugly I am more than willing and able to set the record straight with some fairly disturbing tales. I rather not do that. Bottom line, I just want to go about my business and do my job. If you like the shop better, then go there, please stop with your attacks upon myself. if you feel compelled to trash our place - at least get your facts straight. Try and comport yourself with some dignity.

The bottom line about your car was I was 100% right at the start that your parts - specifically the soft silicone MAF intake hose WERE THE PROBLEM and that the reason why your car was idling like crap was becuase you had a bunch of miss matched parts that did not work well together.

Perhaps you took my comment as an insult against your parts but the reality was had you listened to me you could have saved yourself a lot of wasted money and time.

You declined my suggestion to leave the car so we could diagnose the problem and took the car.

You then went to another facilty who attempted to cure your poor idle problem by changing out

Injectors

Cams

Turbo

Putting in AEM

All of which cost you money and all of which did nothing to fix the problem.

Maybe with another attempt at the problem they could have found the root cause - who knows.

Many months later you finally brought the car back and George spent a lot of free time to track down the problem which was actually very hard to pin point.

George told you that he would do what ever it took to fix your car and make you a satisfied customer - at no cost to you - and even offered to lend you his new truck while it was being done.

He did this just becuase he wanted to make you happy and get your car fixed.

As I explained before - it turned out to be the crappy soft MAF tube that you purcahsed and installed before you brought us the car.

Your other facility did not or could not reach that diagnosis and just threw parts at your car trying to fix the problem by changing parts.

If it makes you feel better to blame your situation on me, knock yourself out.

I spend a lot of time and so did the other guys at ICS to find the problem and make the car run as perfect as it could and when it was delivered to you the car was 100% - all at no charge.

At the end of the day, we took the time to carefully go over your car and do our best to not only fix the problem but also tune the car as carefully and as well as we could. We did this despite your previous rude attacks on the fourms.

A simple "thanks guys" would have been an appreciated jesture on your part after we spent all that time to fix your problem.

It seems that no matter what we did to try and make things right with you you feel the need to continue to bash us - including blaiming us for making your car "run like * *** " I do not think you are being fair or reasonable.

All I can say is that I wish you the best with your car and your life and as George has told you if we can be of further service in any way he is willing to do what ever he can to help you. All the best.

Al
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

My issue wasnt with george he tried to help me out,its about al and his poor *** attitude....
^ I think hes complaining about YOU, Al, nobody else. why are you keep trying to avoid your issues with your customers by grouping yourself with ICS? The OP CLEARLY said that he has no problem with George, but you.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:07 AM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by NoTec
I wonder how long till this thread gets the lock and/or erased like the rest of them. It's said bro!

Comments like that WILL get it closed. Keep it on-topic, please.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

I have had experience with Al mainly and ICS. I brought my car there some time in mid to late April to have them diagnose the car because it would not start nor idle correctly. The car was there for about three days untill they figured the timing belt jumped a few teeth, which was making the car unable to run correctly. After finding this issue, they also diagnosed my starter was on its way out. Called mitsubishi and ordered it that day. The wrong starter came in about three times, keeping my car there for about two weeks total. The night the car was running, probally at about 11pm i get a call from Al, he has my car on the dyno in the middle of the night just making sure the car is operating normally and the tune is somewhat safe. Al pretty much went out of his way and stayed there past normal hours to ensure the car was in operating condition. Just my experience there was a good one with both Al and George. Both good and stand up guys
Old Oct 31, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Jimmy, Junior and the rest of The Shop team have my highest respect and loyalty!

Simply their service and friendliness is uncomparable!!!
Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by kouzman
Jimmy, Junior and the rest of The Shop team have my highest respect and loyalty!

Simply their service and friendliness is uncomparable!!!
Loves the guys at the Shop. Jimmy is one of the best guys I have worked with in a real long time. My experience with Al and DynoFlash was always good. There was one hiccup in our first encounter. Quick story back in 05 I wanted a base map flash for a bone stock evo. Now I was supposed to leave work early that day and meet Al at his office. He was stuck working on a car @ Pruvan but I told him listen call me when your done no matter what time of the night and I would drive up to Stamford. He called me and the car felt great. I will admit his way of communicating with people is sometimes aggressive and harsh but I think I would be the same way after years of this work. You have a great week and one car is a problem from hell.

But after my experience with The Shop and Al I think I would prefer to continue doing business at the Shop. I can't wait to buy all my parts and go back up there.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 05:25 PM
Account Disabled

how close is ICS and the Shop from each other?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 06:25 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8'S
I figured out the problem when you went to ics and al tuned and worked on your car and not to mention about the dent that was added to your evo is because al forgot to take his medication for the day i think he suffer's from mild bipolar syndrom.

And you guys wonder why these threads get closed.....I already warned y'all once, but it's obvious some here don't get it.

CLOSED//////

Last edited by SASD209; Nov 1, 2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DBallz
Loves the guys at the Shop. Jimmy is one of the best guys I have worked with in a real long time. My experience with Al and DynoFlash was always good. There was one hiccup in our first encounter. Quick story back in 05 I wanted a base map flash for a bone stock evo. Now I was supposed to leave work early that day and meet Al at his office. He was stuck working on a car @ Pruvan but I told him listen call me when your done no matter what time of the night and I would drive up to Stamford. He called me and the car felt great. I will admit his way of communicating with people is sometimes aggressive and harsh but I think I would be the same way after years of this work. You have a great week and one car is a problem from hell.

But after my experience with The Shop and Al I think I would prefer to continue doing business at the Shop. I can't wait to buy all my parts and go back up there.
I used to tune with Al too. No complaints for the tune. Never had issues with the car... When Al left the Shop i stayed there... simple as that... Jimmy is simply one of a kind... Al is good too but i also have Junior, can have Sean Ivey, Mellon, etc... In other words... Tuners you can find or you can even tune yourself up to a point... Mechanics and people to trust your car and your money are very few....

The good thing is that all this competition pushes the bar very high all the time and the ones who gain are us... the hobbyists and consumers..!

Quick Reply: The Shop Ct Is #1 Jimmy&junior