Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

The Shop Ct Is #1 Jimmy&junior

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2008, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shop Ct Is #1 Jimmy&junior

It all started with me bringing my car up to ics in stamford i had some parts and a tune done by al.my car ran like **** i was upset be cause i spent alot of moeny up there and my car was ****.Im not going to lie gerorge at ics tried to help me he figured out the problem and fixed it but al is a very irrogant person he has no people skills what so ever so for that i wish not deal with him or ics. Since then i've been bringing my car to the shop in bridgeport and dealing with jimmy he is the man he is a very hard worker and he doesnt stop till its right.my car goes in and gets done in a timely fashion and most important its done right junior is a phenaminal tuner and a awesome guy i will sit in my car kwith him while on the dyno and he explains everything to me he is not cocky or irrogant very down to earth they all are !!!! when your at the shop there is never no trash talking about anybody or other shops i really enjoy being there jimmy junior and the guys dont mess around they get the job done!! i have a problem jimmy never hesitates to take care of me its always bring the car down this is the way performance shops should be jimmy is commited to his customers. So for anyone looking for an awesome and well runned shop THE SHOP IS #1 THANK YOU JIMMY FOR EVERYTHING AND JUNIOR KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !
Old Oct 25, 2008, 04:56 PM
Account Disabled

I love it....just proves my thoughts were correct. Anyway, don't they have a new STI in the 10's? I could have sworn I saw a black STI at E-town doing 10's and it had "The Shop CT" on it somewhere.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cthcky5
wow, that sounds exactly like my story. i bought my car with a catback and a turbo timer. i got my car tuned today by kenny and junior and they told me Al already tuned the car. i notice the car always ran like s**.

x2 for the shop...check out my review in the tuner section https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=377504

Hmm do you have anymore info on them?phone # etc.what do their tunes run for?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gordian79
Hmm do you have anymore info on them?phone # etc.what do their tunes run for?
same here. i want to get tuned by junior but he's impossible to find sometimes. One moment he's at turbotrix and the next he's at the shop.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Jimmy, Junior and the rest of the crew at THESHOPCT are great guys and good at what they do and that is making fast reliable cars.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

ya just call the shop and ask for jimmy. he will work with u and work out a great unbeatable price. junior and kenny i trust with my car anytime!
Old Oct 25, 2008, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Kenny is awesome.. without a doubt.

Sad to hear you had a bad experience at ICS. Al tuned my X awhile back and I had a great experience!!! He did an awesome job and the car rums mint! He listened to all my concerns and really did a great job tuning to what I wanted. I still would recommend him anyday.

I didn't really have a good experience with THESHOP at all, but hey I guess everyone has had a bad experience everywhere.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
I love it....just proves my thoughts were correct. Anyway, don't they have a new STI in the 10's? I could have sworn I saw a black STI at E-town doing 10's and it had "The Shop CT" on it somewhere.
Yes the 08 STi is in the 10's. It is full weight. It will be much much quicker and faster soon

And yes Jimmy and Junior and everyone else there are good guys.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:57 PM

hey boybeater were you in the shop recently? what were you in there for and i know if there was a problem jimmy would not hesitate to fix it..what happened??
Old Oct 27, 2008, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boybeatertsi
Kenny is awesome.. without a doubt.

Sad to hear you had a bad experience at ICS. Al tuned my X awhile back and I had a great experience!!! He did an awesome job and the car rums mint! He listened to all my concerns and really did a great job tuning to what I wanted. I still would recommend him anyday.

I didn't really have a good experience with THESHOP at all, but hey I guess everyone has had a bad experience everywhere.
Al took care of you because you're cute!! You received special treatment, so its natural that you're experience with him opposes the general consensus. >70% of people that deal with him have issues with his poor people skills and extracurricular vendor, tuner, and non-Buschur parts bashing!!! God forbid your car doesn't make the desired power with non-Buschur parts. Now your car sucks. This has been the case since 2003.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
I'm not going to bash Al but I will admit he does sometimes come off very aggressive that way he speaks to the customers and about the cars. I will admit I got my car tuned by Al when he was at the shop. I think I got a decent tune but then Jr. came to the shop and everyone that I know had a dynoflash tune ended up making more power with a Jr. tune with no mod changes. Like Cthcky5 made 340 on stock turbo with stock cams. The only difference between him and me is I made 322 and I have cams and stock IC
Old Oct 27, 2008, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
Al took care of you because you're cute!! You received special treatment, so its natural that you're experience with him opposes the general consensus. >70% of people that deal with him have issues with his poor people skills and extracurricular vendor, tuner, and non-Buschur parts bashing!!! God forbid your car doesn't make the desired power with non-Buschur parts. Now your car sucks. This has been the case since 2003.
Naw, I've known Al for a very long time now .. My car had non-bushur parts and ran just fine. Nor did he bash them .. I've heard about lots of experiences with all, and not all are bad. Just because one person had a bad experience, doesn't mean that everyone will.

From what I've heard, the number made at THESHOP's dyno are a little bit high and probably have a different correction factor or something when compared to the dyno at ICS. Numbers are always different depending on dyno. Dyno is pointless to me, I see what the numbers are a the track.

I was at the shop maybe two months ago? I asked a price for tuning the X (I'm a big fan of Kenny), but didn't ever get an answer so went to the bro man! And I will be back to see Al again in the future!! I really don't think the fact that I'm a girl really effects the TUNE in my car .. haha
Old Oct 27, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
the problem is not only one person have bad experience...
and not two. not to mention the subaru side the story also.

his problem ,the biggest, is his attitude.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boybeatertsi
Naw, I've known Al for a very long time now .. My car had non-bushur parts and ran just fine. Nor did he bash them .. I've heard about lots of experiences with all, and not all are bad. Just because one person had a bad experience, doesn't mean that everyone will.

From what I've heard, the number made at THESHOP's dyno are a little bit high and probably have a different correction factor or something when compared to the dyno at ICS. Numbers are always different depending on dyno. Dyno is pointless to me, I see what the numbers are a the track.

I was at the shop maybe two months ago? I asked a price for tuning the X (I'm a big fan of Kenny), but didn't ever get an answer so went to the bro man! And I will be back to see Al again in the future!! I really don't think the fact that I'm a girl really effects the TUNE in my car .. haha
Again, Al's had customer relations complaints dating back to 2003 in the Evo world. And probably many priors if you check Nasioc. I didn't pull that statement out of my @ss. It's documented fact.

Also, with the bolded statement above, It's not solely the tune that I was referring to earlier. It was the overall quality customer service that you received.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:52 AM

al has alot to learn about customer service...i will never deal with him agian due to his poor lack of people skills...

Quick Reply: The Shop Ct Is #1 Jimmy&junior