Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

TRE Trans service experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TRE Trans service experience

Well cant say enough good things about Jon Ripple at TRE. I will say that his customer service is 2nd to NONE! If i had any question etc he was right there to answer them and get my transmission right.. FINALLY! I have had trans issues since January of this year.. have had my trans to a different shop 3 times without any success until I finally gave it to TRE. With Jons assistance and trans work my problem is solved and the car now shifts better then ever and the dreaded grinding is FINALLY gone!! If anyone is in need of a trans rebuild that is top notch along with top notch customer service to go along with it look no further!
Old Oct 30, 2008, 05:10 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how long was the wait
Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

My trans was there only 2-3 days. I was only down about a week all in all.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

I tried contacting them to do my trans since they are local but never got a response. I just shipped it out to shep today.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rawburt
I tried contacting them to do my trans since they are local but never got a response. I just shipped it out to shep today.
Ripple was prolly busy working on trannys.. Did you hit him an email?? He always responds to my emails within a day! And i can usually get him to answer the phone. And when I do we talk for way too long lol.. But that just shows me how much he cares about his customers and product he is sending out the door!! But there have been times where he was busy and just cant take phone calls all day, so therfore i Emailed and sure enough later that night i got an email back with the info I was looking for.

Shep should be able to fix you right up as well.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

I talked to John about a week ago and he knows his stuff. He's a great guy and i'll def be rocking a tre tranny after this winter! He def will stay on the phone forever though
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ww04
I talked to John about a week ago and he knows his stuff. He's a great guy and i'll def be rocking a tre tranny after this winter! He def will stay on the phone forever though
Which IMO is a good thing! I try and soak up as much information as I can during our phone convos.. but he loses me all the time lol... Smart guy for sure! Every trans I have from now on and all my friends trans will be goin to TRE. His service and customer service cant be beat IMHO.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trust me when I say, You cant beat TRE.

-Emery
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Yea I will most likely be going there as well when the time comes that is.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Top notch work. If he's putting a transmission together, you'll get a voicemail. Leave a message or send an e-mail. When you do get him, he'll give you all the time you need on the phone.

Work is excellent. I've had 6 TRE transmissions for various cars over the years. Never a failure. They all shifted perfect.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

any 6-speed issues with them? i hear thay are great with 6 speed..anyone that has it post here to hear your comments
Old Nov 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

i got my TRE Transfer Case W/ LSD 2 weeks ago.... EXCELLENT custommer service!!!
Old Nov 29, 2008, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Jon and TRE are nothing short of the absolute best!
Old Nov 29, 2008, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSM2EVO
any 6-speed issues with them? i hear thay are great with 6 speed..anyone that has it post here to hear your comments
Jon did some work on a 6spd for one of our sponsored T2 cars and it did fantastic. We expected it to die real quick and it never did.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by DSM2EVO
I was one of the original 6spd owners to rip the teeth of 4th gear way back when.

I had it repaired by TRE about 25,000miles ago and it's still going strong and feels 100% better than it did stock.

I had some issues with communication and a very very very long wait time when I was having the service but by the looks of posts over the last year, this is not an issue anymore.

Quick Reply: TRE Trans service experience