Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

SLVRNBLK's FP Green Evo VIII w/ Wilson Manifolds V2 Gets Retuned!! +27whp!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2008 | 06:06 PM
Former Sponsor

SLVRNBLK's FP Green Evo VIII w/ Wilson Manifolds V2 Gets Retuned!! +27whp!!!

Ok guys, If you recall Ozzie purchased the V2 Indy manifold from us and then brought the car to another shop to be tuned.. The results were not what Ozzie expected from his V2.. While brainstorming with Indy EVO, 9sec9, David Buschur & Jestr we decided to get the car back to our shop to look over everything and Retune it..

We did a Baseline Pull.. Ozzie Informed us the car is EXACTLY as it left the other shop.. 1st Pull 391whp @ 27+psi of boost on our Dynojet.. Pretty much on target with the other shops Mustang dyno #'s.. Give or take 2 or 3hp..

We also noticed a big dip in the graph which was noticeable to Myself, Cwill and Ozzie as the car was bucking during the pull.. Cwill said he had a solution..

2nd Pull after Cwill "Altered" the map WITHOUT touching Fuel or Timing and we are up 15whp and that dip is gone.. You can see AFR's did not change and we made 15whp.. Also you will notice 30+whp gains thru the midrange..

Here is the Baseline vs. Cwill's Alteration of Map..

We went on to try other plugs which did not make any more HP and actually lost power.. We tried the DLI and it lost HP.. We switched back to the Original Plugs and Sparktech Ignition and went to tuning from there.. We got it to pull a consistent back to back 411-413hp on LESS BOOST..

I suggested to Ozzie we swap his filter with a Buschur Filter, MAF Adapter and Retune some more because i thought the HKS was restricting the car.. Here is what we got from swapping the HKS to Buschur.. A near 6WHP Gain.. We tried to matching the AFR's of the previous run and it didnt make the power.. The car liked to be low 11's AFR with that filter setup..

All in all the bottom line is Ozzie was very happy with the Gains.. The car he stated drives smooth as can be at WOT with the new mapping.. Our goal was to make Ozzie happy and i feel we met our goal today..

I have to Thank Ozzie for his patience and help today changing and testing parts as he wrenched on the car himself for much of the day.. I want to thank Jestr for his insight on the maps and help with many of his " Tricks" to help the car make more and safer power.. Thanks to Indy Jim and 9sec9 for being there if we needed anything!!

Thanks to Cwill for Tuning All Day today to get the right combination of Boost, Fuel, And Timing!!! The car ended up dead consistent doing back to back to back pulls at the end of our tuning session!!

Ozzie stated the car is going in the right direction now for further upgrades such as E-85 and Fp red.. He doesnt have a doubt in his mind the v2 will only shine more on the Red..

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Nov 1, 2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 09:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SASD209
I will now have the honor of the first response......

The rules of this thread are as follows:

Keep it factual
Keep it respectful
Keep it on-topic
If you have a bone to pick or want to start crap, you will be banned for however long I feel is appropriate. Members, Vendors, or whatever; I am and will be the deciding factor here, there is no appeal. PLEASE be aware of our rules and review them before posting. PLEASE think before posting. I am NOT kidding here, don't be mad at me if you find yourself banned because you could not/would not abide by our rules. This is the only warning I will issue.....please conduct yourselves as mature adults. Thank you,

SASD209

Thank you very much for staying on top of things.. We do appreciate the time you take out to monitor the boards.. I pointed out the most important aspect of this thread.. Thanks again!!

Mike @ AWD
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Mike FTW.

Great number increase!
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Am I really that messed up or did this thread go to 3 pages to one. I'm sure my post will get deleted but good job AWDmotorsports for diagnosing the problem and getting the car where it should be
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 09:34 PM
Account Disabled

Congrats to the owner for getting the problem sorted out...im sure hes happy...Mike is a standup guy for doing this for him and fixin the problem when the car should have stayed there the entire time
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Nice! Any video Mike? Can you also post his mods again.(his other thread is closed now)
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 09:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
Congrats to the owner for getting the problem sorted out...im sure hes happy...Mike is a standup guy for doing this for him and fixin the problem when the car should have stayed there the entire time

thanks for the Support.. before and after results of 27whp speak for themselves... The customer drove the car and stated the car drives like a whole new car " On the Street " with the changes cwill did to the mapping..
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 09:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evotris
Nice! Any video Mike? Can you also post his mods again.(his other thread is closed now)
Yeah of all the things i did not do was video.. We were so hard up on getting accurate data to improve the tune we never left the dyno room but to eat lunch..

Ill let ozzie post up his mods when he chimes in.. basically 2.0L Buschur Longblock, Fp green, Wilson v2, FR manifold, BR Race FMIC..

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Nov 1, 2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 09:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Show286
Am I really that messed up or did this thread go to 3 pages to one. I'm sure my post will get deleted but good job AWDmotorsports for diagnosing the problem and getting the car where it should be
your messed up.. J/k

yeah 3 pages and back to 1.. Now i am sure the thread is back on pace and will follow the proper course since all have been fairly warned of posting inaccurate info!!
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 09:55 PM
Account Disabled

this was all done on the sameday right? the baslines and everything?
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 10:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Good job AWD Motorsports....Glad to hear our non-cdi cop was not at fault but actually improved hp.
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 10:02 PM
Account Disabled

thats kind of funny tho it only gained 3 hp from a Mustang dyno....guess it doesnt read like a true MD
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 10:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
this was all done on the sameday right? the baslines and everything?
That is correct.. The car was baselined and then map was adjusted within 20 minutes and the 2nd pull was made.. All work you see in the original post was all done today..
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
That is correct.. The car was baselined and then map was adjusted within 20 minutes and the 2nd pull was made.. All work you see in the original post was all done today..
Congrats to Mike/Cwill and the others who chipped in. Impressive results. Looks like there is a new tuner in town. Cwill to the rescue Good to see Cwill has gotten the hang of tuning now too. Thats a double threat. He is great with the mechanical and now electronics. Anyways, glad to see the customer is now happy with the end result. Its also very nice that you dedicated a day to help a fellow evom member out too. It speaks highly of you and your shop. Keep up all the great work.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Nov 1, 2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2008 | 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Congrats to Mike/Cwill and the others who chipped in. Impressive results. Looks like there is a new tuner in town. Cwill to the rescue Good to see Cwill has gotten the hang of tuning now too. Thats a double threat. He is great with the mechanical and now electronics. Anyways, glad to see the customer is now happy with the end result. Its also very nice that you dedicated a day to help a fellow evom member out too. It speaks highly of you and your shop. Keep up all the great work.
Thanks Brian for the support!!

I cant wait for ozzie to chime in.. He had a 3hr drive home to enjoy his new found power.. On just his short sprint by the shop he came back excited about the way the car felt in terms of smoothness and how linear the power is now.. I am confident Ozzie was happy with the way things turned out.. The future for him on E-85 is looking much better now!!!

Quick Reply: SLVRNBLK's FP Green Evo VIII w/ Wilson Manifolds V2 Gets Retuned!! +27whp!!!