Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

**Revised QTP 02 Dump Review + TTR! **

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008 | 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

**Revised QTP 02 Dump Review + TTR! **

Well, This review has been long overdue!

First off, I would like to thank Manny at TTR for giving me this opportunity and Barry from QTP for using my car as a test mule! It was an honor to donate my car for testing/fabrication!

Ok, back on topic!

My car was at TTR getting some things buttoned up and getting ready to finally tune my car after its recent build. I got a call from Manny saying that QTP needed a car for fab work to redesign there 02 dump on the stock turbo, with A/C, from recent issues. After some thought and speaking to Barry at QTP about security issues and what not, I decided, "Sure, Why not?".

The car was delivered by TTR to QTP on monday for the beginning of an awsome product! I got updates from Barry as the days went on which was awsome. He needed to get the car finished by thursday night, so he didnt have to work on the car on friday and get himself ready for SEMA. He finished the car on thursday with zero issues and a completely revised 02 dump. No more fitment issues with radiators or lower intercooler pipes! Fits perfect with the A/C compressor.

TTR Picked the car up on friday and gave it a new tune on the newely built motor and 02 dump. Was a bit upset, (though I shouldn't be) because I didnt get the numbers I was hoping for... With balance shafts removed and forged internals, my stock ECU didnt like it very much. It started picking up alot of false knock which couldnt be avoided. Right now Im running 24psi with meth and practically NO timing whatsoever, but still made some decent, ok numbers.

I picked up the car and let me tell you, I went from a really low compression motor at 30psi on meth, to this car now, built, stock turbo, 02 dump, 24psi, and she pulls HARDER than ever!

Not only does it pull amazing, but the sound is INCREDIBLE!!!! I missed the atmospheric dump from when I had my GSX with a FP green and my Tial 38mm or the FP3065 with the 40mm...

My next remedy will have to be AEM EMS to filter out the false knock so I can get back my timing and run 28-29psi on meth.

I would like to thank Barry at QTP for an AMAZING product! Sound is amazing, fab work is second to none, and the service was OUTSTANDING! Power was DEFINITELY picked up by this piece. I can gaurentee it!

I would also like to thank Manny at TTR for this opportunity, and Mark at TTR for this killer tune! The tune is smooth, torquey, AFR's are dead on, just overall an amazing tuner! I would also like to thank the guys at TTR for an awsome job they did on my car!

Dan
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

You are very welcome danny,Cant wait till you get your (AEM-EMS) so you get your 50HP back on your beast.

I really want to thank barry@qtp for letting us test out his product on our cars,Plain and simple sound wise power wise (QTP 02 DUMP) is the way to go.
I will post up dyno resaults shortly on what power gain we made on the car.

(QTP FTW).
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Will post up dyno charts soon.

Last edited by Manny@TurboTrix; Nov 5, 2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, if anyone wants to hear what it sounds like, type 90GSXDan under the search in Youtube. It me and another evo going at it!
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
Oh, if anyone wants to hear what it sounds like, type 90GSXDan under the search in Youtube. It me and another evo going at it!
I was just going to ask for a video clip of the dump tube... I checked and couldn't really hear the tube to be honest, maybe it was the angle. I'd like to get one for mine as well until I go bigger on the snail.
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Ill get another vid up soon, maybe tomorrow night.

Its hard to hear because I was peddling first gear... no traction.

Dan
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

would like to see pics to see how the design compares to the EPM..
Old Nov 6, 2008 | 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

I will try to get pictures up tonight or tomorrow!

I cant stress this product enough! If you dont want to spend an arm and a leg, but still get the same exact performance, QTP is for you!

Dan
Old Nov 6, 2008 | 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

but still get the same exact performance, QTP is for you!
This has yet to be seen as no one can find comparison results from the QTP part. The community has been asking for this for a while. QTP has provided no info, TTP's testing has never surfaced and it seems that your results will be paired with many other changes with your setup.

I've said it before ... both QTP and EPM have their pros and cons, as do the other O2 dump offerings. But, I've only seen one that's been tested and proven ... both by the manufacturer and the community.
Old Nov 6, 2008 | 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

I will try to get pictures up tonight or tomorrow!

I cant stress this product enough! If you dont want to spend an arm and a leg, but still get the same exact performance, QTP is for you!

Dan
Dan thanks for the post, now you got me thinking again, I almost set my mind on the EPM one...
but I really want to see how it perform on a stock motor.

QTP needs to do their own test/tune in order to make people believe that their product is just as good, or have people try them out at a discounted price then write a review for them.
Old Nov 6, 2008 | 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by compscibOi
I was just going to ask for a video clip of the dump tube... I checked and couldn't really hear the tube to be honest, maybe it was the angle. I'd like to get one for mine as well until I go bigger on the snail.
I can hear the o2 dump clearly and I am hearing this from a tiny speaker in my desk top, I think you just don't know what it sounds like. The blue evo only has the sound of exhaust where the black evo is the one with o2 dump.
Old Nov 6, 2008 | 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

TTR FTW
Old Nov 6, 2008 | 02:26 PM
Former Sponsor

this thread has a huge lack of pictures and dyno graphs
Old Nov 6, 2008 | 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

I will say this. No matter WHAT you say, this piece WILL GAIN power. The inside diameter of the exhaust port is bigger than stock and the megan piece, along with a dump.

Any exhaust gases dumping faster than your current exhaust setup, WILL GAIN POWER. Its basic knowledge of the way a turbo system works.

The faster you get rid of your exhaust gases, the higher the power / the higher the potential of your turbo setup.

Im not saying you will make 35whp with this piece, but I can GAURENTEE you can make anywhere above 10whp.

I CANNOT use my car as a reference due to the fact of my stock ECU not cooperating with my newly built motor. But Manny from TTR will post his gains on his setup shortly!

Im sorry this wasnt the review you were looking for, but as the title states, its a REVIEW. Sure dyno graphs will help, but unless the car was dynoed the same day and parts were switched, nothing can REALLY be valid. My car was sitting at QTP for a couple of days....

Dan :cheers:
Old Nov 6, 2008 | 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
This has yet to be seen as no one can find comparison results from the QTP part. The community has been asking for this for a while. QTP has provided no info, TTP's testing has never surfaced and it seems that your results will be paired with many other changes with your setup.

I've said it before ... both QTP and EPM have their pros and cons, as do the other O2 dump offerings. But, I've only seen one that's been tested and proven ... both by the manufacturer and the community.
QTP's and EMP's ONLY con, if there is one, would be fitment issues. BOTH will perform beautifully. BOTH will make power.

Its like saying that you wont make anymore power than stock with you threw on a EBay exhaust since no one tested it.... Goes back to the same theory, more exhaust flow, faster exit, more power. Period. This 02 dump proves that theory.

Dan :cheers:

Quick Reply: **Revised QTP 02 Dump Review + TTR! **