Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

EPM o2 dump + 3.5" down pipes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EPM o2 dump + 3.5" down pipes

I recently bought a EPM o2 dump for my car since I was told it would fit with my ETS 3.5" down pipe. After seeing it installed on my buddies car (3in dp) I was very skeptical it would fit on mine.

Last night we pulled the radiator hoping it would fit, and we realized right way that it would not. As you know, there is VERY little room with just a 3" down pipe.

This sucks because I really wanted to run the EPM o2 dump. It is one of the best pieces I have seen as far as o2 housings go, and by far the best dump offered for the evo.

This thread was made for all of you guys that run a 3.5" down pipe, it was not made to discredit EPM at all.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

do u have version 1 or 2
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aman
do u have version 1 or 2
Version two.

It would fit fine if I had a 3" down pipe.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

just contact EPM and tell them you wanne custom made 1... maybe they'll do it for you-good luck
Old Nov 10, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Or, you could exchange it for a version 1. Good luck and I'm sorry that it didn't fit.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 08:13 PM
Former Vendor

We would be happy to work with you to resolve the fitment with the larger DP. V1 would probably work, but we would need more info to confirm. Regardless, we would be happy to accomodate any request related to the O2 housing.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Well if you guys get a 3.5" down pipe, and figure out what needs to be changed, I will gladly send you mine and you can mess with it. The version 1 will not work because I have ETS LICP.

Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Any vendors able to mod this to make it fit?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nolimitind
We would be happy to work with you to resolve the fitment with the larger DP. V1 would probably work, but we would need more info to confirm. Regardless, we would be happy to accomodate any request related to the O2 housing.
Originally Posted by importjake00
Any vendors able to mod this to make it fit?
read his post...
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Have you contacted EMP directly Jake? They said it would work i am sure they will take it back and find something that would work for you. All in the name of good customer service.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
read his post...
I PM'd him. Just waiting for a reply, and was seeing if anyone else would be able to do this.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor

PM replied to.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 03:04 PM
Former Sponsor

We recently undertook a rather lengthy move to a new facility. We have been busy with this last week and with that said we tried very hard to stay on top of our orders and to keep in-touch with everyone. I obviously missed this thread up until now. I do remember the PM now what was talked about was the customer asking me to suggest another O2 Dump Housing from another company that would fit his 3.5 inch DP. I just can't suggest another companies product that I know nothing of.
If we need to modify this particular O2 Dump to accommodate this particular customer we will do it. It seems to me and I could be wrong there was a mis-communication of sorts and for that I apologize. We would be more than willing to modify the O2 Dump if the customer will allow us to use his 3.5 inch downpipe for fitment purposes.
We make our living off of you the customer if we need to alter our product for even one customer we will do just that. We try to please everyone, and sometimes it is hard as you might can imagine, but we do strive to have 100% customer satisfaction. With over 200 units sold worldwide we feel we have done a good job, but there is always room for improvement.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

some fit some dont.. i know cause i ordered v2.. and it does not fit with my piping.. i have a agp fmic.. with ets licp.. and it hits it redicoulsy.. just "tried to install one with my buddies 9.. and the dump tube hits the licp not allowing us to install it period... iono what to say anymore
Old Nov 12, 2008, 03:20 PM
Former Sponsor

ETS recently Changed their LICPiping, we just found out about this last weekend, we had no notice about this ETS LICP change. Obviously we now need an ETS LICP for fitment purposes to see how we can accomodate our ETS LICP customers. the Old ETS LICP fit perfectly with our version#2, however this is not the case since ETS changed their design. We need a ETS "NEW" LICP loaner.....anyone.....?....

Quick Reply: EPM o2 dump + 3.5" down pipes