Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

CBRD BBK Review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008 | 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Good review!!
Old Dec 17, 2008 | 05:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
I don't mean to threadjack, but I made 301whp on CBRD's dyno with the stock 9.8 housing and stock o2 housing. Chad was very impressed. I only looked to make 275 - 280whp, so I think your previous results are pretty close. My Evo must just be stronger than average.

I'm looking to do the BBK this spring. I'd love to go Full, but I'm not sure if my wallet will allow it, so I may go LITE. Either way, I'm shooting for anywhere between 350 - 370whp. That's with an o2 dump, JMF or EPM, don't know yet and the JMF manifold.

Congrats on the numbers. I bet it feels great. If you were closer, I'd ask for a ride. I want to preview what the BBK can do!
Rich, you can always take a ride in my car! LOL
Old Dec 17, 2008 | 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Regarding Post #1, I'm the "guy from NJ" Jason mentioned. We had a really enjoyable conversation even though I woke him up from a sound sleep!!! We're both looking for pretty much the same thing in our Evos -
a strong running daily driver that's still fun to drive rather than a 600 HP drag car. After talking to Jason and Chad at CBRD, I'm convinced that the BBK is the way to go for me. Thanks again, Jason!

I went to CBRD as Jason suggested, and spoke to Chad. (Yes, their shop is spotless!) He was very helpful, answered all of my questions, and made some excellent suggestions. At some point, I apologized for taking up so much of his time. His response was, "You're a potential customer with legitimate questions. Who else should I be talking to?" I think that says it all. Thanks, Chad. You will be hearing from me after I pay off Santa.
Old Dec 17, 2008 | 01:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by lcwjr
Regarding Post #1, I'm the "guy from NJ" Jason mentioned. We had a really enjoyable conversation even though I woke him up from a sound sleep!!! We're both looking for pretty much the same thing in our Evos -
a strong running daily driver that's still fun to drive rather than a 600 HP drag car. After talking to Jason and Chad at CBRD, I'm convinced that the BBK is the way to go for me. Thanks again, Jason!

I went to CBRD as Jason suggested, and spoke to Chad. (Yes, their shop is spotless!) He was very helpful, answered all of my questions, and made some excellent suggestions. At some point, I apologized for taking up so much of his time. His response was, "You're a potential customer with legitimate questions. Who else should I be talking to?" I think that says it all. Thanks, Chad. You will be hearing from me after I pay off Santa.
no problem,

we were glad to have you

and as far as answering questions, thats why im here...

if you call cbrd, email cbrd, pm cbrd, or walk into cbrd, you ALWAYS speak to me personally about your projects

cb
Old Dec 17, 2008 | 02:53 PM

good to know and good review. thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2008 | 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Good Guys, I called them before I bought my evo in Sept for some overall advice on owning an evo or an sti. They were very helpful and curtious to me,a person who didn't know too much about these cars. I think he spent about a good half hour on giving me run downs for both of the cars. Now here I am an evo owner! Thanks for the advice CBRD I will be visiting you soon..
Old Dec 17, 2008 | 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

I remember your call (Eric?)... congrats on the new car! They sure are a blast!

We welcome you to come down any time.

Take care!

Caleb
Old Dec 17, 2008 | 10:29 PM

CBRD rocks!! These guys have your back no matter how small the project is.

Great review!!! Oh, that was me.......
Old Dec 18, 2008 | 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Great review Cali2MDevo8. Looks almost the same as my planned setup minus the ported manifold. Any ideas or guesses on what the car would do on say the AMS dynojet?
Old Dec 18, 2008 | 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

I don't suppose there's any chance you guys will start a core exchange program? I understand that you're only offering new or to rebuild one that's sent in, wondering if you guys can get used cores and offer some sort of core exchange for those that don't want to be down a turbo for a week or so... =]
Old Dec 18, 2008 | 03:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by srt4evah
I don't suppose there's any chance you guys will start a core exchange program? I understand that you're only offering new or to rebuild one that's sent in, wondering if you guys can get used cores and offer some sort of core exchange for those that don't want to be down a turbo for a week or so... =]
we hadn't planned on it, even with some of the turbos we have modified 1-2 have been in VERY poor condition and require a few hours of work and some larger internals to make them into use-able units...

realistically..

if you bought a new full right now $1650.00 and then put it on, and sold ur turbo for $400.00 used, youd be paying the same price as you would to send in ur used core and get it done ($1250.00)

cheers

cb
Old Dec 18, 2008 | 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by CBRD
we hadn't planned on it, even with some of the turbos we have modified 1-2 have been in VERY poor condition and require a few hours of work and some larger internals to make them into use-able units...

realistically..

if you bought a new full right now $1650.00 and then put it on, and sold ur turbo for $400.00 used, youd be paying the same price as you would to send in ur used core and get it done ($1250.00)

cheers

cb
I tell everyone this as well. BAck when the 9 turbo was at it's peak, they were selling for $500+. I purchased my 9 turbo almost a year ago and waited for CBRD to wrap up development and testing. I actually LOST money by purchasing the turbo a year ago.

Your basically paying only $400 for a brand new evo 9 core when you purchase the BBK full for $1650.

This is a great turbo guys. I'm pretty sure we are going to crack 400 hp on CBRD dyno in my car with some more mods and tweaking. Remember I'm only running 23psi
Old Dec 19, 2008 | 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Glad you like it
Old Dec 19, 2008 | 07:28 PM
Account Disabled

wow great turbo upgrade!!
good job
Old Dec 19, 2008 | 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD_Caleb
Rich, you can always take a ride in my car! LOL
I might have to take you up on that offer Maybe next time my dad and I come down.

Quick Reply: CBRD BBK Review