Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Lancershop.com-unsupportive

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
If I was in your shoes I wouldn't have waited for that long to ensure a part that I bought worked. As I said in my post, 30 days is a reasonable and generally accepted practice for a refund policy. I can't understand why you would expect Lancershop to refund your money because you failed to use the product within a reasonable time. I feel your pain, but honestly, you can't expect a distributor to refund your year old purchase. If you are serious about getting a refund then go through the manufacturer not the distributor. Most manufacturers have a year long warranty program. This is not a refund issue, but a warranty issue. Good luck to you.
Agreed. Proper line of action. I see no fault of Lancershops.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
If I was in your shoes I wouldn't have waited for that long to ensure a part that I bought worked. As I said in my post, 30 days is a reasonable and generally accepted practice for a refund policy. I can't understand why you would expect Lancershop to refund your money because you failed to use the product within a reasonable time. I feel your pain, but honestly, you can't expect a distributor to refund your year old purchase. If you are serious about getting a refund then go through the manufacturer not the distributor. Most manufacturers have a year long warranty program. This is not a refund issue, but a warranty issue. Good luck to you.
Thank you for your insight, but if you would have read my post then you would understand that when an engine is being rebuilt it is kind of hard to test an SAFC let alone anything having to do with the engine and components. therefore there was no way i was able to test the safc. because the car was down for more than a year. But thank you.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Agreed. Proper line of action. I see no fault of Lancershops.
It was just what apex-i requested that i did. They didnt say if that they were required to it was just an idea. I will be calling apex-i tomorrow to get some follow up on this. I was just trying to get a refund. The main thing i was getting at was the fact that the customer service representative basically hung up on me. Now i know it is "Live Help" but when you just stop talking to a customer, it is just rude and unprofessional.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robogast
It was just what apex-i requested that i did. They didnt say if that they were required to it was just an idea. I will be calling apex-i tomorrow to get some follow up on this. I was just trying to get a refund. The main thing i was getting at was the fact that the customer service representative basically hung up on me. Now i know it is "Live Help" but when you just stop talking to a customer, it is just rude and unprofessional.
I completely agree with your opinion of Lancershop. Their customer service is below par and their live help is a joke. I also understand that you didn't have a chance to test out the piece of equipment in question but you can't expect a refund from a distributor because of something that happened over a year ago.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just sell it on e-bay; you should be able to get market value for it
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

The only company I know of that will accept returns a year after you bought something is REI. I think it is silly to expect lancershop to comply with your complaint.

I do think that vendors have a moral responsibility to not sell products that the community has found to be dangerous. At a minimum they should put a disclaimer.

However, you cannot expect a store such as lancershop to keep tabs on every product they sell. If it was WORKS, Buschur or AMS, I would be very disappointed to hear that they sold a product that could destroy your engine. Take responsibility for knowing what your buying!

Also, if there is a categorical defect with this device, it is the responsibility of Apexi to make a recall and stop selling the dumb thing.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Do your reasearch first, you can't get a refund on something you already installed after a year, especially electric items. Most places won't take electrical items back period.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:20 PM

i completely agree with everyone...a year is way too long to try and bust their chops.