Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Lancershop.com-unsupportive

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancershop.com-unsupportive

Hello everyone, Im not sure where exactly to post this but this was my best guess. I have an Apex-i SAFC NEO that i purchased last year. I was going to put it on my car. Well when i ordered it, my engine was being rebuilt so obviosly i had to wait for that. When my engine was done i put it in the car and put roughly 3K miles on it before my oil light was coming on. So i did a compression test and the numbers werent good. So i then had to get the engine rebuilt again due to the number 2 and 4 piston rings seized to the pistons and did some damage to the cylinder walls. So it went back in the engine shop and back in the car. Of course it wasnt just that fast. I just got the car back together about a month ago due to other issues.

But then last night i was on a forum and found out that the apex-i neo was having issues with not being able to use the karman sensors in the evos. So i would assume that mine was affected by that also. I have never hooked it up because i decided to go with an aem ems. Since i no longer needed this i called Apex-i out in CA. I asked them if i could get a refund since i no longer needed this anyways and they said that they could only reflash it. But they told me to contact the place i bought it from to see if i could get a refund.

So i went on Lancershop.com to see about getting a refund. And since they dont have a phone number to call you have to utilize their "Live Help". Basically messenger. Well after talking to the guy about the issue of having a defective unit he sayed that it had been past the 30 return policy. So i told him about my issue with my engine and that the unit was purchased defective. And he tells me that he hasn't heard about this at all and that all the customers have had no issues. I told him that im not going to put it on my car and watch it blow up. Obviously. And all he kept saying is that he hasnt heard about this and apperantly didnt believe what i was telling him was true.

So i continued to ask him about getting a refund and then the conversation was over because he just stop answering my questions.

So this is very disturbing to me that they would do that. Not even offer to find out more info on the fact that the Apexi Neos had an issue. And completely blow me off. I just want to let everyone know that this site is very shady to me. I have ordered through them before. Many times. And its not like this is something i would lie about. But i will definitly not be ordering anything from them anymore.

Also the customer support agent's name was micheal. So if you get stuck talking to him, good luck
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
if I was lancershop and you tried to return a product a year later I would have done the same thing

not to mention you didn't even actually attempt to use it to verify it was defective

at best you would have seen a store credit but like I said a year is a long time
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:08 PM
SME
Evolved Member

I wouldn't have given you a refund either lol, sounds like a lot of time has passed since the purchase so they are not obligated too.

With crappy customer service... that is nothing new with them. They have always had that problem. I still purchase from them though even though I have had issues in the past with them lol
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
if I was lancershop and you tried to return a product a year later I would have done the same thing

not to mention you didn't even actually attempt to use it to verify it was defective

at best you would have seen a store credit but like I said a year is a long time
I didnt want to use it incase i wanted to sell it. And if in fact it is defective, then they sold me a product that was already broken/defective. They wouldn't even offer me store credit. They told me that there was nothing they could do.

Do you see my point?

Last edited by robogast; Jan 28, 2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

A year ago you purchased something and you want a refund now?

Where do you work? Do they give refunds for items/services a year later?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax

+1
Sorry, but I don't think they need to give you a refund or store credit.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Im not worried about the refund/store credit as much as the fact they didnt even want to try and figure out what units were defective. I mean it is still in the packaging. They didnt even offer to replace it. My complaint is more about the customer service. I can get it reflashed by apex-i. I just wanted to see if i could get a refund since i dont need it anymore anyway.

And the reason its been so long is because i was having issues with my engine and was getting it fixed.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
A year ago you purchased something and you want a refund now?

Where do you work? Do they give refunds for items/services a year later?
amen
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Ok thanks
Old Jan 28, 2009, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

I am by no means an advocate for Lancershop actually quite the contrary but your request for a refund for a product you bought over a year ago is ridiculous. Do you think it is their fault that you never tested the product during the year you had it and they should have to pay for it? A 30 day refund policy is completely acceptable and normal business practice, but a full year especially since they aren't even the manufacturer. Speaking of, have you tried to get in contact with Apexi and explain to them the situation? That is your best bet.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all teh kind words guys
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
How many bad reviews will it take before people stop buying from them?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S2kracka
How many bad reviews will it take before people stop buying from them?
Thanks you! This isnt the first time ive had issues. This is just the biggest one.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
I am by no means an advocate for Lancershop actually quite the contrary but your request for a refund for a product you bought over a year ago is ridiculous. Do you think it is their fault that you never tested the product during the year you had it and they should have to pay for it? A 30 day refund policy is completely acceptable and normal business practice, but a full year especially since they aren't even the manufacturer. Speaking of, have you tried to get in contact with Apexi and explain to them the situation? That is your best bet.
So if you were in my shoes think about how pissed you would be. And i just found out about the NEO having issues last night when a member from a different forum told me about it. This issue has been going on for over a year. Im sorry i am just finding out about it now. Like i saide before i didnt use it because i am just now getting my engine fixed after it being rebuilt 3 times by 2 different machine shops. The first one screwed everything up. So i guess its my bad for not wanting to put it on a freshly built motor just to find out that it is defective and blow the motor.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robogast
So if you were in my shoes think about how pissed you would be. And i just found out about the NEO having issues last night when a member from a different forum told me about it. This issue has been going on for over a year. Im sorry i am just finding out about it now. Like i saide before i didnt use it because i am just now getting my engine fixed after it being rebuilt 3 times by 2 different machine shops. The first one screwed everything up. So i guess its my bad for not wanting to put it on a freshly built motor just to find out that it is defective and blow the motor.
If I was in your shoes I wouldn't have waited for that long to ensure a part that I bought worked. As I said in my post, 30 days is a reasonable and generally accepted practice for a refund policy. I can't understand why you would expect Lancershop to refund your money because you failed to use the product within a reasonable time. I feel your pain, but honestly, you can't expect a distributor to refund your year old purchase. If you are serious about getting a refund then go through the manufacturer not the distributor. Most manufacturers have a year long warranty program. This is not a refund issue, but a warranty issue. Good luck to you.