Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

MAPerformance's coated megan 02

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maperformance
you got pm!
I'd like a quote on this unit, coated and delivered to 22204.

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ If only the Megan had welds like the titek, it'd be the best of both worlds.
MAP please PM me a price on the coated megan shipped to 07730
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Nastynine
how much did this cost? im ordering a megan o2 soon. i would love to get this service done to it
Originally Posted by wjamyers
I'd like a quote on this unit, coated and delivered to 22204.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by EvODavO
you guys have pm!

Originally Posted by funks
MAP how about offering the TITEK v2 O2 housing with a little bit of fabrication work? Welding in the support tab, making it work with the stock heatshield, and coat it too then sell it for 275$ - I'd gladly buy one

You will have pm soon.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by EvODavO
We can coat the Titek as well we'd just have to get one shipped here and then out to you no problem!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

In regards to the Titek or the Megan, (prefer the Titek as it's larger inside) it would be great if you guys can fabricate the support tab like in the following thread as a value added service

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-bracket.html.

The support tab allows you to secure the bottom part of the O2 housing to the engine block, so that it relieves the stress from the exhaust manifold.

As for my request to support the stock heatshield - probably not needed as it would be redundant as it will be coated.

Last edited by funks; Sep 25, 2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:13 AM
Former Sponsor

In regards to the Titek or the Megan, (prefer the Titek as it's larger inside) it would be great if you guys can fabricate the support tab like in the following thread as a value added service

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-bracket.html.

The support tab allows you to secure the bottom part of the O2 housing to the engine block, so that it relieves the stress from the exhaust manifold.

As for my request to support the stock heatshield - probably not needed as it would be redundant as it will be coated.

Edited: Whoops. double post.

Last edited by maperformance; Sep 25, 2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Oh now both of them are gone!

It could be an option to do so, but it would not be cost effective addition. Most customers are buying a Megan o2 housing for the functionality and more importantly the COST. Adding a bracket like this and having it as an option would be spendy. We would have to make a jig to make sure everyone was exactly the same.

Materials for jig - $
Pay to employee to make jig - $
Pay to employee to weld each one on - $
Materials for bracket - $

If we didn't make a jig, then there would be the cost of paying an employee to test fit each one onto a mock motor and welding it.

So with that being said, the cost of an option that should only cost 20-25 as an option now will cost the consumer much more. Not to mention, we have yet to come across a Megan/Titek/Invidia failure in our shop.

Plus in the end, we would just be modifying someone elses product where we currently make our own o2 housing.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not gone - lol. I simply won't buy an O2 housing that doesn't have the support tab, IMHO - Mitsu put it there for a reason. Without it, the manifold is bearing all the weight (turbo + exhaust), my assumption is that it helps when the engine is moving around (during acceleration and such).

It's too bad the INVIDIA has it's o2 sensor located in the wrong spot (it does have the support tab though), and the WORKS costs so much you'd have to sell a kidney for one (it only works with their downpipe), nevertheless - it's out of topic now. Thanks for trying to see if it's feasible cost wise though. If you guys ever decide to make a non-dump O2 housing, coated, and the support tab in place, definitely interested (a plus too if it has support for the stock heat shield).

Last edited by funks; Sep 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

MAP coating looks great
Old Sep 27, 2009, 06:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 208 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by huevosrancheros
MAP coating looks great

It is! Still holding up very strong!

Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Looks very nice! Is there an option to have the Megan Racing insignia plate removed? I think that kills the look. Also, could this housing benefit from any cleaning up on the inside?

-Jalal
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That wouldn't be a problem sir In regards to porting I don't think there is too much material to work with in this case...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

That's great to hear. When some money comes in, I'll be purchasing a coated Megan Racing o2 housing from you folks. Thanks!

-Jalal
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not gone - lol. I simply won't buy an O2 housing that doesn't have the support tab, IMHO - Mitsu put it there for a reason. Without it, the manifold is bearing all the weight (turbo + exhaust), my assumption is that it helps when the engine is moving around (during acceleration and such).

It's too bad the INVIDIA has it's o2 sensor located in the wrong spot (it does have the support tab though), and the WORKS costs so much you'd have to sell a kidney for one (it only works with their downpipe), nevertheless - it's out of topic now. Thanks for trying to see if it's feasible cost wise though. If you guys ever decide to make a non-dump O2 housing, coated, and the support tab in place, definitely interested (a plus too if it has support for the stock heat shield).
Plus 1
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
There is no reason to bother with the support bracket if you're running a cast exhaust manifold. I modified my turbine/o2 housing heatshield to fit over the Megan o2 housing. It bolts directly to the turbine housing and is plenty secure so it does not require any mounting points on the o2 housing, only requires a little trimming to clear. Not to mention, if you get everything ceramic coated there is no harm in running w/o the shields.

Quick Reply: MAPerformance's coated megan 02