Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur bullet TP + 'quiet' catback

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009 | 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

The additional mufflers to add weight, but power doesn't seem to be down at all.
Old Feb 7, 2009 | 09:55 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
wow, that's like stock exhaust levels isn't it?

thanks for the vid, it was a real eye opener
I know, I couldn't believe it myself. I'd put it above stock levels, but then again I haven't heard a stock exhaust in quite a while. When the cams lob lob lob at idle it certainly gets a tish louder, but still not too bad. My wife said, 'the puppies and I could still hear you pull in!' I can hear the powertrain whine and intake again, I think that says a lot.

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8'S

Did you lose any power switching to this setup and does it weigh the same as the bullet setup.
I don't feel like any power was lost, no. David Buschur would be the real one to answer this. I'm guessing if any power was list, it is very, very minimal. Weight is slightly higher, just cause its bigger. I didn't weigh them, maybe a pound or two heavier if anything.
Old Feb 10, 2009 | 04:02 PM
EvoM Moderator

I decided to for sure keep the new magnaflow setup and listed the bullet axle-back for sale:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-axleback.html
Old Jun 14, 2009 | 05:57 PM
EvoM Guru

How did the bullet muffler quiet the exhaust compared to the high flow Buschur cat? Which made it quieter? Thx.
Old Jun 14, 2009 | 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scheides
I know, I couldn't believe it myself. I'd put it above stock levels, but then again I haven't heard a stock exhaust in quite a while. When the cams lob lob lob at idle it certainly gets a tish louder, but still not too bad. My wife said, 'the puppies and I could still hear you pull in!' I can hear the powertrain whine and intake again, I think that says a lot.

I don't feel like any power was lost, no. David Buschur would be the real one to answer this. I'm guessing if any power was list, it is very, very minimal. Weight is slightly higher, just cause its bigger. I didn't weigh them, maybe a pound or two heavier if anything.
Dave this is your que to chime in and tell everyone how little power they will lose. I for one have been considering making my car quiter, I just don't want to add the weight to be able to hear the stereo on the freeway.