Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ams lexan window kit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Here is the thing I hope people can get out of what I am trying to say. Some things just aren't worth the hassle for the minimum gain. Example: Mike told me over and over from day one to use a full size battery and I would regret installing a mini(my particular set up). Guess what. He was right and I should've listened to him. I have had nothing but issues with batteries. Let me tell you how badly it sucks being at the track and having your car not start when you are about to do a record run. I finally got smart and installed a full size battery. Guess what, it starts every time. So I gained 15# back in weight. Best 15# I ever put back in the car. Now to my point, the windows. Every pass the windows have popped. I even lost both trim moldings on both sides. When the window pops it pops all the clips and the trim folds itself in half. Not only are they destroyed, it scratches the car. All this for minimal weight savings. Maybe I got a bad kit, I don't know. But I am now forced to make another last minute fix so I can drive the car again. I have tape holding my windows in and yeah, I don't like it. Eric, again this is in no way a bash against you, I just don't feel this lexan kit is a viable solution for most. As far as fixing it, you tell me. I would be more than willing to send the kit back for a partial refund. I never posted anything negative about the hazy window before. But when the windows failed at the track I felt it was worth mentiong to others the problems I have encountered. You have always been great on helping me out and fixing problem orders, rush deliveries, etc. So no hard feelings, just think the money spent on this kit could be better spent on something else.