Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Competiton Clutch Stage 3 and Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I've actually sold the car, but I met up with the new owner yesterday at the NTEC/Cobb dyno day and he's been tracking and autocrossing the hell out of it and it's been holding great. Chris Flemming of Cobb even commented that it's one of the nicest feeling clutches they've ever felt in a VIII/IX. It also had the 2nd highest whp of the day, and I believe now holds the stock turbo pump gas power record on their dyno.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
I've actually sold the car, but I met up with the new owner yesterday at the NTEC/Cobb dyno day and he's been tracking and autocrossing the hell out of it and it's been holding great. Chris Flemming of Cobb even commented that it's one of the nicest feeling clutches they've ever felt in a VIII/IX. It also had the 2nd highest whp of the day, and I believe now holds the stock turbo pump gas power record on their dyno.
I see.

I might just try to launch it one more time. Maybe it was just a coincidental miss-hap. I'll probably do it at lower rpms and then bring it up to the 5750 2 step. If it happens again then I'm probably over powering it now.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:54 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be getting CCI stuff for my car when I upgrade in the future. Thanks for the write up
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
I see.

I might just try to launch it one more time. Maybe it was just a coincidental miss-hap. I'll probably do it at lower rpms and then bring it up to the 5750 2 step. If it happens again then I'm probably over powering it now.
Resurfacing the flywheel before installing the new clutch is a must, everyone I talked to did it, I don't think using the sand paper is the proper way to do it.