Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review: Blitz Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2009 | 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Review: Blitz Throttle Controller

Installed pics: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ontroller.html

Driving impression on my MR:

Eco - NO more waiting and laggy throttle, the hesitation from start in Normal mode in SST is gone, difference is mainly in low rpm. Use this mode if you do a lot of city driving while maintaining good fuel economy, it helps you to get in and out traffic much more responsive than stock throttle settings.

SP1 - More LIVELY throttle, car felt alive the ENTIRE TIME (my favourite setting so far). Low end is greatly improved and revs quicker, turbo lag is undetectable, throttle response is crispier in mid to high rpm. If you do plenty of city & freeway driving, this mode is great for that extra punch in mid to high rpm.

SP2 - Even more Aggressive than S1, VERY sensitive throttle response, you have to be very gentle if you dont want to race from every stop, pretty aggressive setting but still controllable if you are careful with your foot. If you drive like a hero on the road, this is the perfect setting.

SP3 - EXTREMELY Aggressive setting (double the effect of S2), you feather the throttle and it just GOES! Nearly impossible to maintain a constant speed, it just keeps accelerating even with the lightest throttle input! Don`t use this in heavy traffic or you WILL hit the car infront, and not recommended for parallel parking for obvious reasons. This mode is intend for you to stay WOT most of the time: for used in drag, track and open road only.

Some of you would say this device is waste of money: just smash the throttle harder to get the same effect. I can assure you it`s NOT the same. No matter how fast your could use your right foot, this unit could do it MULTIPLE times faster than you physically could.

This mod does not increase horsepower in anyway, but that`s NOT the point. Most people do power mods with the expectation that the car will become more responsive for daily driving. With that said, this mod is probably one of the better ones in terms of instant satisfaction. Its one of those mods you'll use and notice every time you drive. The car really and truly does feel faster/more responsive, I can see many people will be happy with this mod.

Last edited by LVSBB6; Mar 17, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

A lot of people asked in your other post but let me ask again: does this help get rid of the rev hang when you get off the gas?
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

No, this device only alters the throttle signals when you are on the gas.
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

How hard is it to install? can you post some pictures of where you route the wires and control units? Thank you!
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

It comes with PnP harness, tab the 12V wire and ur done. Very straight forward install.
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

this looks like a worthy upgrade. Price?
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

I have been reading into this a lot... Isnt there an attatchment you can bu so when you put in into reverse it isnt as sensitive? Does MPG decrease considerably? And does this sensitivity change when you put it in sport, or super sport as the sensitivity changes anyway?

Last edited by philamthebest; Mar 6, 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 03:37 PM
Account Disabled

Think I'll be investing in one of these soon. D.C./MD traffic is horrible.
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

There is a Reverse Cancel harness which you can buy seperately, or you can turn the unit off anytime even when ignition is ON. Eco mode consumes the least fuel, but why drive an Evo if you worry about MPG? The sensitivity in Sport and S-Sport mode is even greater than in Normal, I have to adjust and re-learn how to drive the car again.

Originally Posted by philamthebest
I have been reading into this a lot... Isnt there an attatchment you can bu so when you put in into reverse it isnt as sensitive? Does MPG decrease considerably? And does this sensitivity change when you put it in sport, or super sport as the sensitivity changes anyway?
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

A while back a member from the Caribean with a JDM evo posted that his car came with it and that it was crap and not worth it....mmmmmm. Maybe he will post again, i dont feel like looking for the post.
Old Mar 6, 2009 | 06:06 PM

Great review. I too hate the laggy initial throttle response, especially when merging into traffic from a dead stop, looks like this device is the answer. I'm sold!

Tks,
J
Old Mar 7, 2009 | 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

If you get it, you will enjoy it. If you don't, then no loss to you. Who you want to listen is up to you.

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
A while back a member from the Caribean with a JDM evo posted that his car came with it and that it was crap and not worth it....mmmmmm. Maybe he will post again, i dont feel like looking for the post.
Old Mar 7, 2009 | 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Its NIGHT and DAY difference, you won't be disappointed.

Originally Posted by jona31
Great review. I too hate the laggy initial throttle response, especially when merging into traffic from a dead stop, looks like this device is the answer. I'm sold!

Tks,
J
Old Mar 7, 2009 | 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LVSBB6
If you get it, you will enjoy it. If you don't, then no loss to you. Who you want to listen is up to you.
Just letting you know about another user that's all. I will not get it, sounds like a gimick to me.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ontroller.html
Old Mar 7, 2009 | 07:44 AM

Hi guys, a lot of us X owners are using the Blitz e-throttle in Singapore and its definitely worth the $$. It really works and its availlable for most Japanese cars on the e-throttle system.

Quick Reply: Review: Blitz Throttle Controller