Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.
View Poll Results: Did This Review Help You?
Yes - It Helped Me
94.74%
No - It Was Useless Dribble
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Review - MAP Integrated O2 Housing/DP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review - MAP Integrated O2 Housing/DP

Hey all, just a basic initial review for the MAP Integrated O2 Housing/Downpipe located here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...7-shipped.html

1. Received the item about 4 days later than expected based on PM conversations with MAP, but the item was packaged very well and arrived in perfect condition.
2. I paid a little extra for an WB bung and for some reason it was placed high on the DP, instead of near the end, where my AF bungs have always been. Now I have to take the car to the shop to have a new bung placed near the rear since my WB sensor does not have enough play to reach the extra 18"-24" to the bung MAP added.
3. Installation was quite easy for two people (Both of us have swapped O2 housings/Exhaust Manifolds/DP's many times so this was pretty straight forward. We just removed the Skunk2 DP, loosened the oil and coolant lines from the turbo, loosened the Exhaust manifold nuts, removed the intake from the Turbo, pulled the radiator, and pulled the turbo assembly out complete. We removed the Invidia O2, checked the fitment of the MAP piece and gasket, and then set the turbo assembly on the engine. One of us worked the MAP piece from underneath the car, while one of us positioned the turbo assembly from above. We got the pieces lined up, tightened the bolts, and then placed the turbo assembly on the engine studs. We reset all the lines for the turbo, reinstalled the radiator, re-filled oil and coolant as necessary, and took the car for a spin.
4. Volume of the exhaust/vehicle is no different than before when not in WOT. When in WOT, the car is a completely different animal though. It is loud and mean sounding leaving no doubt that its an open dump. Would I travel at WOT in town, not a chance, but I drove through town and even took it to about 4500 rpm without going WOT and it purred like a quiet kitten with my Cobb cb.

The friend that helped me has installed two (2) EPM's and (1) QTP Divorced O2 dump housings and said that this piece was CLEARLY the easiest to install, had the best fitment, and was the best overall piece by a sizeable margin over both of the other pieces. Overall it took us about 2 hours and we took our time making sure everything was done right.

Overall, I am happy with the piece and the people at MAP were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the delay in shipping compared to what was promised as well as the odd location of the bung, will end up costing me money. One of the reasons I chose the MAP piece over the EPM was time to receive since I had an upcoming tune and wanted to install this prior to the tune. Unfortunately, it arrived a few days later, so I had to buy an Invidia O2 housing and a DP for the tune. I will sell them at a loss and I also have to retune for this piece. The retune is not a major issue, since I need one anyway with the addition of my Double pumper, but doing this procedure twice was very inconvenient. I will also have to pay for another bung to be added so I can run my Wideband.

Right now I am at 501/403 on a Dynojet at 25psi with the items listed in my sig (Minus this piece and with the Invidia/Skunk2 combo). Since I am getting a retune at a higher PSI, I won't likely be able to advise of any differences in output between this and my other setup, but if I decide to keep the 25psi tune for a safe track tune, then I will update this post with the data/overalys.

Thank you
Sean
Old Mar 24, 2009, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for MAP
Old Mar 24, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Good review. I helped a friend install one on his car and we were both very impressed with the quality and fitment.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Thank you very much for the review sir, I'm glad the fitment and quality were up to you expectations. In regards to the issues you had with the time frame, again, we are very sorry for the delay. This is our first production piece and we have been overwhelmed by the response thusfar. I know that doesn't make up for the inconvenience that the delay has caused you, but the next time you are in need of parts please remind us of this situation so that we can try and make it up to you at that time.

In regards to the placement of the O2 sensor bung, the ideal placement in regards to sensor accuracy is within 18-24" of the turbo outlet. I apologize that there was no communication regarding sensor placement prior to production, there definitely should have been some correspondence there. In any case, if possible I would recommend extending your harness to utilize this location for the best results.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review! We sincerely appreciate your business!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Adam, I appreciate the response and the piece.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

does the downpipe clear the ACD?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it clears the ACD quite easily. I can take some pics tonight or tomorrow perhaps of it installed, but I didn't because others already have. Some people have mentioned removing the AC compressor, but I am not sure why as I had no issues with it at all. Now, if you had one person trying to do this by themself, then it would be "fun", but if you use the technique described above with one person under and one person handling the turbo assembly, then you will have zero fitment or install issues.

This is seriously a nice piece, with minimal bends, great workmnship, and perfect fit/finish
Old Mar 24, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

When I helped my friend install his it cleared the ACD perfectly and we didn't have to remove the A/C compressor or turbo. The biggest key is just take your time and be careful will snaking it in to avoid scratching the ceramic coating.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

^True

I didn't bother trying not to remove the turbo because getting the Invidia off without doing so is near impossible as a result of the the way the stud from the turbo is fitted with the curvature of the Invidia O2. Could we have done it, probably. Did I want to deal with it, not really.

Like S2cracka said though, no fitment or rubbing issues with the ACD or compressor

Last edited by sspaladin28; Mar 24, 2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

interesting...it does look like a beautiful piece. making me think about changing my downpipe set up. i have the buschur dp soon to be bolted up to epm o2 dump and fp green.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cthcky5
interesting...it does look like a beautiful piece. making me think about changing my downpipe set up. i have the buschur dp soon to be bolted up to epm o2 dump and fp green.
Might as well get the MAP piece while you have everything else apart! Next time I take my setup apart I'm selling my Buschur coated SS o2 housing and downpipe in favor or the MAP downpipe (any takers?).
Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

does the dump tube work with all aftermarket licp? i have to change my fujita licp to a speed source licp to work with my verison 2 epm o2 dump
Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cthcky5
does the dump tube work with all aftermarket licp? i have to change my fujita licp to a speed source licp to work with my verison 2 epm o2 dump
I have heard of no LICP clearance issues; MAP can weigh in on whether or not they've encountered any.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

cool cool...adam u have an answer?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
This has fit with alot of LICP's. So far we have confirmation on the below:

Buschur
Stock
Injen
Fujita