Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My experience with ttp engineering

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cangriracing
I dont understand why you even wasted money on a wastegate considering you wont need one till you are boosting a considerable amount. If you are making 300whp a wastegate is not the mods you should be looking for.

Good luck with your prob. Evom is the site to go to learn what to do and in what order we should mod the cars. I dont think a wastegate is one the first things on the list.

I had them installed for looks only. not performance. that why I was so adamant on it not affecting my CURRENT TUNE

It wasn't the first mod I did on the EVO. Here are the current mods in order of installation.

AMS fmic,
AMS Top inter cooler piping
AMS Cat back
AMS intake
BC coil overs
19x10 Rota P45r's
Pro allignment
Cobb Access port
Pro tune
Down pipe w external dump
Test pipe

Last edited by jsr426; Mar 29, 2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

ok to each his own you did it for the looks, but normally a downpipe, testpipe, fuel pump, licp, and cams go before a wastegate.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cangriracing
ok to each his own you did it for the looks, but normally a downpipe, testpipe, fuel pump, licp, and cams go before a wastegate.

I do have a down pipe and test pipe, forgot to add that fact whats licp?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:58 PM

lower intercooler pipe
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

why is anyone worried about whether or not his setup warrants a wastegate? He wrote the review to voice a concern over a vendor's actions, not to ask whether you guys think his parts are appropriate.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolutionXmute
lower intercooler pipe
Ahhhhh I never really thought you got very big gains from that mod???
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Uhmm.. I wasn't there to judge one or the other. I have had like 16 turbo cars or more and I have had issues with BOVs and also witrh just about every single turbo related issue you could possibly encounter in real life . Take my opinion as neutral but I think the internal of the BOV was malfunctioning (spring not releasing,seating/fitting properly) which would cause the turbo to work harder (if the BOV is partially open) causing to surge or also not opening at all causing the turbo to overboost.

Either way I can see causing the issues that you described. I honestly don't think TTP would want to screw you at all, he has a great reputation back up by hundreds of happy customers. The last thing he(Scott) wants to do is to mislead you. I think you encountered a faulty component and that mislead to a miscommunication between the two of you.

I personally sorry to hear of the issues but have the BOV swapp and recheck. By the way, yes I have had Forged BOV before and yes I have driven a Evo X MR as well. My .2c

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Mar 29, 2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Uhmm.. I wasn't there to judge one or the other. I have had like 16 turbo cars or more and I have had issues with BOVs and also witrh just about every single turbo related issue you could possibly encounter in real life . Take my opinion as neutral but I think the internal of the BOV was malfunctioning (spring not releasing,seating/fitting properly) which would cause the turbo to work harder (if the BOV is partially open) causing to surge or also not opening at all causing the turbo to overboost.

Either way I can see causing the issues that you described. I honestly don't think TTP would want to screw you at all, he has a great reputation back up by hundreds of happy customers. The last thing he(Scott) wants to do is to mislead you. I think you encountered a faulty component and that mislead to a miscommunication between the two of you.

I personally sorry to hear of the issues but have the BOV swapp and recheck. By the way, yes I have had Forged BOV before and yes I have driven a Evo X MR as well. My .2c

Carlos

Thanks, and I agree, I to feel that the BOV was malfunctioning. I'm going to see if I can get FORGE to take a look at it. Scott did how ever tell me that he switched out the "red" spring in the bov for a " blue " one. How ever I am not familiar with the workings of Forged products, only ever used TIAL, and TurboSmart
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Not very professional
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by red evo8
Not very professional

Thank You!

That would be my point, regardless of parts on my car at time this happened and my current tune, bov working or not working, what ever....... all and all at the end of the day this could have been avoided, if Scott just would have been more professional about the entire situation!!!! and been willing to fix the problems instead of just blaming it on my tune.

I mean really? You mean to tell me that they didn't even realize that the antenna wasn't for my car? If they can't figure that out, how can you expect them to install real performance adding parts?

Yeah sure TTP....... I know you guys THINK the EVO X MR is " garbage " and you cant install a shorty antenna correctley......but hell, here's the keys to my 40,000 dollar car..... ummmmm NOT SO MUCH.

Last edited by jsr426; Mar 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing but good things to say about Scott@TTP. Like with anything in life, things can always go wrong. You just give them opportunity to fix what ever issues they where trying to fix in the first place. Specially with a tricky car like the MR and its SST.

To those that comment about his professionalism just because he made a true statement, Learn how to take the truth. Some things are just not good and there is no issue on sugar coating them.

Last edited by Evo2wIsh4; Mar 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
Nothing but good things to say about Scott@TTP. Like with anything in life, things can always go wrong. You just give them opportunity to fix what ever issues they where trying to fix in the first place. Specially with a tricky car like the MR and its SST.

I did give him a chance!! several, he literally shook my hand, and sent me on my way. Told me if the car went in to limp mode, to shut it on and off 4 times!!!! That's no type of resolution to the problems I was having considering I was over 1000 miles from home. And it's not like he did anything out of ordinary, Jeez it was a bov and waste gate actuator.....not a motor swap!

If putting the right antenna on the car is " tricky " as you say?????

Than I'm real glad I didn't get something really hard done........ like spark plugs! lol

MAYBE IF YOUR RAY CHARLES WEARING A BLIND FOLD, AND THEN MAYBE???

Last edited by jsr426; Mar 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

I've been following this thread but stayed out of it because the last time I voiced my opinion on the subject matter, I was docked 5 points and I do not wish to get any more. I'll keep this simple and sweet... My opinion of the subject is well versed throughout the forum so with that said, I'll not venture there again in this thread.

I have to ask a very humble and simple question... Why did you have TTP install these simple parts? Why couldn't you take the parts home with you and install them there? And if you were not willing to install them on your own, I am sure there are plenty of Evo owners that would love to have a mod install geek out.

-E
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jsr426
I did give him a chance!! several, he literally shook my hand, and sent me on my way. Told me if the car went in to limp mode, to shut it on and off 4 times!!!! That's no type of resolution to the problems I was having considering I was over 1000 miles from home. And it's not like he did anything out of ordinary, Jeez it was a bov and waste gate actuator.....not a motor swap!

If putting the right antenna on the car is " tricky " as you say?????

Than I'm real glad I didn't get something really hard done........ like spark plugs! lol

MAYBE IF YOUR RAY CHARLES WEARING A BLIND FOLD, AND THEN MAYBE???

They might be simple installs but they can really affect the way drives and reacts to boost. If you dont think they are not important mods then you have to re-think the way you go about modding you car and not just throw a whole bunch of parts together. Good luck with your issues.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E
I've been following this thread but stayed out of it because the last time I voiced my opinion on the subject matter, I was docked 5 points and I do not wish to get any more. I'll keep this simple and sweet... My opinion of the subject is well versed throughout the forum so with that said, I'll not venture there again in this thread.

I have to ask a very humble and simple question... Why did you have TTP install these simple parts? Why couldn't you take the parts home with you and install them there? And if you were not willing to install them on your own, I am sure there are plenty of Evo owners that would love to have a mod install geek out.

-E

I posted up in the ORLANDO SOCIAL thread asking if there were any good shops to check out in the orlando area, 3 came recomended. in this order TTP, Xtremeboost, and Kami speed. I purchase and had several parts installed at each of the following shops with no problems what so ever. Catch can, new down pipe, vacume port box, ecu cover, Varis cannards, Jdm evo tag bracket, manifold cover, painted valve cover, coil pack cover, annnnd I also had new and improved BC pillow ball mounts intalled as well. and I didn't have any problem AT ALL with any of the other shops I went to.

Quick Reply: My experience with ttp engineering