Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

DG Motors Evo X tuned..EXCELLENT JOB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DG Motors Evo X tuned..EXCELLENT JOB

I just want to take a minute to thank you guys again for the tune(DG Motor's) and Charlie(Kreionic)..My car is a night and day difference..Gained over 100hp and torque with there tune..This was well well well worth the trip from jersey to get there..I had a good feeling about these guys from the start..Thanks for everything once again..I will be looking foward to future visits there after I get a few more bucks together..I wanted to write a quick something before I rave about the car on the Evo X Dyno postings..Great shop, very knowledgable and awesome group of guys to deal with and let mess with my car..Dont think about going anywhere else 1st..Let this be your first and last choice..Keep up the good work..

Last edited by REDEVO08; Apr 7, 2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by REDEVO08
I just want to take a minute to thank you guys again for the tune..My car is a night and day difference..Gained over 100hp and torque with there tune..This was well well well worth the trip from jersey to get there..I had a good feeling about these guys from the start..Thanks for everything once again..I will be looking foward to future visits there after I get a few more bucks together..I wanted to write a quick something before I rave about the car on the Evo X Dyno postings..Great shop, very knowledgable and awesome group of guys to deal with and let mess with my car..Dont think about going anywhere else 1st..Let this be your first and last choice..Keep up the good work..

Awesome man glad your happy with the tune. That for sure was a low baseline. The car picked up a nice bit of power. Hows driving it before and after?

charlie
Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:35 PM
Former Sponsor

First off, I would like to thank you for making the trip and going with your gut to give us(DG Motor's) and Charlie(Kreionic) the chance for tuning your car and really waking it up!. I give the upmost respect to all my customer's and leave nothing questionable when it comes down to doing business. Any questions you have will be answered and as you know, I will go above and beyond to get the job done. Remember the Subaru that was on the dyno before you?!?

Second off, I would like to thank Charlie(Kreionic) once again for working his magic and helping us get this record breaking tune on our DynoDynamics basically stock like Evo X tuned. You are a great tuner/friend/partner and will soon become our permanent tuner as I am getting real busy with everything else going on. I have the upmost trust in you not only operating our dyno and software, but tuning to the best of your ability which has proven to be great, time and time again!

I hope you enjoy your car and even more enjoy the decision you made by making the trip to pay us a visit and getting the treatment you deserve the first time around! Have fun
Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor

It is late and I am not at the shop right now. I will have dyno sheets up tomorrow!
The gains on this stock like car is simply incredible. we are talking 100whp/100wtq at 5252rpms! I will save baseline numbers and peak numbers for the morning...
Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

To think I was actually going to sell my car..Thanks DG Motor's and Charlie (Kreionic)..It was worth the wait..That falling apart parts car subaru that needs to go to the yard and become a coke can wasted hours a precious tuning time..But I cant complain bc the numbers out of my car are crazy and I felt like I known you guys for years so it was a pleasure not a bother..You will def see me again in the future..
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by REDEVO08
To think I was actually going to sell my car..Thanks DG Motor's and Charlie (Kreionic)..It was worth the wait..That falling apart parts car subaru that needs to go to the yard and become a coke can wasted hours a precious tuning time..But I cant complain bc the numbers out of my car are crazy and I felt like I known you guys for years so it was a pleasure not a bother..You will def see me again in the future..
I feel the same, how does the car feel?!?!?!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Here is the dyno sheet!

Here we go guys. Going further and further with minimal mods. We had (redevo08)'s Basically stock Evo X on the dyno yesterday and the numbers were nothing short of amazing! I would like to thank (redevo08) for making the trip from Jersey!

car:

08 gsr

mods:
Intake Filter
Catback

Tuning Software:
EcuFlash
24psi 93 octane

Results:
285whp/305wtq

Car was tuned by DG Motors and Kreionic using ecu controlled boost.

285whp/305wtq

GAINS:

+125whp/95wtq @ 6,750rpm

+100whp/wtq @ 5,252rpm

+75whp/100wtq @ 4,200rpm

All tuning was done in 4th gear at 24psi/93octane.

This is the first car to make over 100whp from baseline with minimal mods on our dyno.

Here's a video my little brother put together while he was hanging out at the shop Yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiLrc4DMmRs

Last edited by DG Motors; Apr 8, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Good gains. I can see why you were ready to sell the car. Must have been pretty slow and burning tons of fuel. Did you happen to catch the afr's on the baseline run? Probably off the chart...
Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cheb evo
Good gains. I can see why you were ready to sell the car. Must have been pretty slow and burning tons of fuel. Did you happen to catch the afr's on the baseline run? Probably off the chart...
I will post a dyno plot of both air/fuels!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:25 AM
Former Sponsor

air/fuel

As you can see, the baseline air/fuel dipped as low as 10.4! You could see and hear the car choking up!

Now It's a nice smooth 12.0 flat!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:27 AM

I'm very impressed by the gained....great job!

Just a quick question, can a stock Evo 9mr run 12 or 12.3 A/F with 98 0ctane fuel at an average ambient temperature of 29-32 degree celcius without the risk of knocking? I have simple mod like a drop in filter, cat back exhaust , hi-flow cat and currently running at a boost of 24psi. Everything else is standard. My current A/F is 11.2. Any help here will be deeply appreciated, Thks.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rambutan
I'm very impressed by the gained....great job!

Just a quick question, can a stock Evo 9mr run 12 or 12.3 A/F with 98 0ctane fuel at an average ambient temperature of 29-32 degree celcius without the risk of knocking? I have simple mod like a drop in filter, cat back exhaust , hi-flow cat and currently running at a boost of 24psi. Everything else is standard. My current A/F is 11.2. Any help here will be deeply appreciated, Thks.
Without data logging, It would be impossible for me to give you an answer. Every car is different! Are you running 11.2 throughout or is that 11.2 at redline?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice job guys and good numbers. similar mods to my car - exhaust and intake, same boost too lol.

one question for a DD isn't 12 AFR a little too high i aim for 11.5?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
I feel the same, how does the car feel?!?!?!

The car pulls very hard in every gear..I am glad I went with my gut feeling on this one to bring my car to you guys....It feels like it never losses any power..Anyone looking for a tune make the trip b/c you wont stop ..
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rolly1818
nice job guys and good numbers. similar mods to my car - exhaust and intake, same boost too lol.

one question for a DD isn't 12 AFR a little too high i aim for 11.5?
Nope, this car likes being right there. General rule of thumb is 11.5 on pump gas for a turbo car. That doesn't mean every car likes being at 11.5

Quick Reply: DG Motors Evo X tuned..EXCELLENT JOB