Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

- BR rant/request-

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by URBANRCR
Im Sure the buschur folks will pop in here and give their side.It seems when we have these posts that its never as simple as its stated.
If it is as simple as he said, I feel BR should have taken it in their hands to get it to him on time.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, but I have also had poor relations wit them. Still have yet to receive a part from them that I ordered in November...got to call them and try to get my money back.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Ok I will clarify my story since people want that.. So I decided to do my build with buschur.. did stroker cams double pump etc.. I took parts there that I got off the forums here to save some money since I put easy 15K in parts.. I bought a ETS turbo kit with all the piping from ETS the deal was to good to pass up... So me thinking it was awesome deal and all the buschur posts on how good they are etc.. I found out the hard way... Since tension grew between ETS and buschur and any other company buschur is jealous of.. I took my car there dropped it off after a 10 hour drive of towing it there.. I got a call over a month later saying negative stuff about the turbo kit.. etc... Just in disbelief listening to David and Jrod complain.. They even made me pay Jarrod 50 bucks for picking me up at the airport as I come with a 14000 dollar bill.. I thought that was horrible and just wrong.. I know if I had a business and a customer spending that much coming I would drop and run for them.. But I got grief from them and then had to listen to jarrod rip on the ETS products the whole car ride. Well got to buschur and it continued from them all.. I not only got my parts taken off and put in the trunk not boxed up or anything just thrown in a pile.. looking at the parts some were ruined.. my intercooler was mint until I picked my car up and in the trunk ruined all my fins.. So I got my parts back ruined and didnt even get all them back.. They kept a bunch of stuff which I felt was horrible and pretty much stealing.. So I got the car drove it and I knew on my way home something was seriously wrong..I was able to get it home safely.. But after having my fellow mechanic inspect it all on a lift.. There was more stuff wrong with the car then I thought at first.. I not only had a big oil leak from a brand new stroker motor, I had meth taps all over because of them they didnt like where ETS put it so they made a new hole, and left a 3 inch bolt sticking out of the top of my uicp piping.. looked awful.. My tune was so bad It was cleared right away after David insisted he spend 3 hours on it.. more like zero time just got car running and handed it out.. I had to get it retuned and they said I was very lucky that this motor didnt fail and If i woudve waited any longer it wouldve gone.. They didnt even have a AFR on the dyno.. So the lack of them hooking up my aem serial gauge was just stupid... There is so much more it just gets me so frustrated when I talk about it.. but either way before my new tune was done we ran it on the dyno how buschur left the tune and how it was, was shocking just horrible.. How I got my car back after my new tune was amazing.. I feel they slapped me in the face with the 14K bill I spent there and the disappointment anger I have from them is just awful.. I dont understand there business tactics..
I know im one person that they could care less about but I feel the community should know about it.. I will never buy a buschur part ever again and I will tell anyone I know to avoid and never go there..

Last edited by typac69; Apr 13, 2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by URBANRCR
Im Sure the buschur folks will pop in here and give their side.It seems when we have these posts that its never as simple as its stated.
I love buschur's products but must say, the customer's side is the ONLY side that matters. Any successful, properly run business is run this way.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Very interesting to listen to the other side of things.

For the camera mount, it is a $25 part, correct. Shipping it overnight to California would probalby cost $40. I heard Jarrod on the phone with you this morning actually when he told you he could not possibly upgrade free shipping to you on a small part. He may have said "petty" but I do not believe that is right, I remember his just saying "small". I spoke to you last week about it. I told you that the parts were not in yet, we were waiting on them to ship to us and when we got them we had to machine them and it would probably only take a day. I also told you I'd guess you could have it by the 17th ( I think that's when you said you had to have it), that is this Friday. This is a business, we have many cars here to build and many other parts to also build. If someone told you today it was going to be a few more days for them to get machined so we can ship it then it is quite obvious to me that there are other parts ahead of the camera mounts to get out. We have to put a priority on something and maybe stopping work on a head or an engine to machine a camera mount just isn't justified. It is a $25 part and while we appreciate the order for it the 50 phone calls we take on parts like that surely outweigh the $4 profit that we are going to make. We had marked on your invoice it was a priority already from when I spoke to you last week. The other 3 phone calls after that are really not needed. Good luck, I hope you locate an excellent camera mount and are very happy with it.

Typac, very interesting story. I am not aware of any of this, a phone call or an e-mail to us would have been nice so I could try to figure out what you were not happy with. I will cover some of it though. The airport for one. The airport is 1 hour from here. I have 2 sales guys and those two are really not enough most days when it is busy. Taxi's aren't free, buses aren't free. Jarrod took time out of his own day to come and get you in his own car and simply asked for $50 to pick you up. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I am most definetely not jealous of ETS or any other company, you are funny though. I do not know the details for your parts you hauled into us or what the details are. It is 7:50, I am at home and can not even ask someone what happened. Like I said, been nice to have had you contact someone here.

I will tell you this. When a car comes in with a lot of bad choices made, poor work that has been done in the past etc., it is very difficult to work on it and unless someone wants to pay for every extra minute we have to put into the car, they can not expect us to fix and repair all the other things that are wrong. In your case, it sounds like you came in for an engine/head and tuning. We get a lot of turbo kits that do not fit, need welding, need custom i/c pipes built to match up to our pipes or FMIC. If I told you I spent 3 hours on your tune then I did. If it left our shop it wasn't close to blowing up obviously I am not going to tune a car we just built poorly to have it come back and me warranty the engine in it.

The parts in the trunk, that is always an interesting one. Customers come in and want us to take apart an entire car and then pack it all back in there car. Packing an entire cars worth of old parts in a trunk DOES NOT FREAKING FIT! Putting it in a box means even LESS OF IT FITS. We then take the best parts, parts that can be resold or aftermarket parts and make it a priority to fit as much of it as we can in the trunk, AS REQUESTED BY THE CUSTOMERS. If we end up keeping parts it's old stock exhausts, stock batteries etc because they will not fit and are too dirty to pack in the car.

I have to be honest. If the people you know have a mess, parts that don't fit and want all their old stuff packed in boxes and put in their trunk, will make a nasty post full of BS without even bothering to contact me first, then yes, by all means, tell them not to come here.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
maximum04, I doubt that whatever it is you ordered in November you were billed for. We only bill someone 99% of the time, when the parts come in and are shipping out. What is it that you ordered? Camera mount?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

In my dealing with buschur racing, I haven't had any issues at all. They have been nothing but great and very supportive. Very responsive also.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Oh I did your the one who ignored the pms and phone calls David... I understand how you run your business to the full amount.. You cant satisfy your customers...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

You know exactly which customer I am.. You took my big box from ETS and destroyed it and didnt give it back.. so to you putting the parts in the trunk was your choice and to not put them in the box.. The box was big enough for them all if you used your brain it wouldve been easy enough... to you ONLY BUSCHUR PARTS OR NONE.. I learned the hardway on how you treat other vendors parts...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

I know 5 guys from where i live that learned from you.. and for you to ignore it all and blow it off the way you do.. Shows alot about you as a MAN and as a business owner.. Your business ethics are a joke and shameful and karma is always fun...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Must be nice to have a customer sign a piece of paper making your company not liable on what happens and you know what will happen.. I mean yea i guess it is easy to hand a car out and not care and not be responsible on what your handing out or what will happen to the car...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by red03evo
In my dealing with buschur racing, I haven't had any issues at all. They have been nothing but great and very supportive. Very responsive also.
A+++ David Always helps us on whatever its also i talked with David one night was late but he was helping us

Hope this ends happy for boths
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Keeping parts to bad my stock battery was in the car still since ETS ic piping clears the battery, my exhaust was modded already.. but all that nice head parts,oil cooler and all the other misc stuff.. was just a gift then?? no you stole my hard earned money and my parts..
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:25 PM

first of all, i didn't speak to jarrod on the phone, it was somebody else. by my experience, jarrod is a pretty cool guy.

i didn't mean to make any negation from buschur's business. i was just ranting about the sales rep's attitude, because i believe i had, in my own right, to complain for not receiving a part that i expected to have for a track that may or may not be my last run. i ordered my parts in timely manner, and i was thankful when you replied promptly and said that i would probably receive the mount by then. i just didn't like it when the other rep told me that i'd only probably get the mount by this weekend if i upgraded to overnight shipping. from a customer's point of view, it just seemed like ripping off $40 more dollars on a $25 part, even when i ordered in advance. i don't even want to say the rep's name because i don't mean to make anybody feel like i talked crap, because i'm just ranting on an incident with a person, not about the person himself.

i just feel bad for not having a mount for the track. maybe i should call in ahead before i order next time. i just hope you guys update your website (although tedious, it is a business afterall). thanks for this reply, seems like you guys do care about your customers.

ps. when do i get the $25 back?

Last edited by sing1002; Apr 13, 2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: ps
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
I'm suprised this hasn't been locked yet the mods usually lock threads like this.

typac69 I'm sorry to hear about your experience with BR. Although I have never purchased any parts from them when I was in the research process of my new build Dave was always willing to reply to my PM's.

Quick Reply: - BR rant/request-