Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

- BR rant/request-

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DBallz
I'm suprised this hasn't been locked yet the mods usually lock threads like this.

typac69 I'm sorry to hear about your experience with BR. Although I have never purchased any parts from them when I was in the research process of my new build Dave was always willing to reply to my PM's.

Im sorry also thanks I appreciate it.. Cant even get an apology from them.. I would definitly think again on your mods and where your buying.. This is just to show people what they can or could expect thats all..
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

looks like the better business bureau also has had some complaints... So this is nothing new just needs to be brought up

http://www.bbb.org/toledo/business-r...an-oh-15000085
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

I have not read about many bad experiences form Buschur racing and I have nothing at all against them... BUT, the response to the OP from Bushur is a little disturbing...
to Buschur;
It should not matter how much money you are making off the OP, his order should be processed and completed in the order it was received rather than brushed aside for more profitable things going on at your shop, which you basically said takes precedence over not-as-profitable items like this camera mount. Whether it is a $25 item or a $2500 item it should not effect the level of customer service you provide. Maybe the next time this customer would have contacted you would have been for something highly expensive and profitable for you... you never know, but thats why you have to treat everyone/everyone's order of equal importance or the loyalty customers show you will not last. I've heard 99% positive things about your company but those comments... well, I hope you wouldn't treat my order like that if it weren't expensive.

Last edited by DJ Brett B; Apr 13, 2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im surprised this is still open too
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

If you bought an ETS turbo kit, why didn't you have ETS install it?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by typac69
Big difference where are these stories about AMS????? Thats right there are none...
I have one. The first and only time I ever bought something from AMS it was a feramic clutch disc for my 1G DSM. On the third launch ever after a 500 mile break in, a spring let loose on the disc. I had to get my credit card company involved to get my money back. Initially AMS's response was that they had someone else that was making the product and there was not anything they could/would do. So I wasted 500 miles worth of my time driving and the $350 I paid to have the dealer install the piece of junk just to have someone try to screw me even more on the part itself. After that is when I started buying from Buschur and their service has been flawless for the past six years.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Ok I will clarify my story since people want that.. So I decided to do my build with buschur.. did stroker cams double pump etc.. I took parts there that I got off the forums here to save some money since I put easy 15K in parts.. I bought a ETS turbo kit with all the piping from ETS the deal was to good to pass up... So me thinking it was awesome deal and all the buschur posts on how good they are etc.. I found out the hard way... Since tension grew between ETS and buschur and any other company buschur is jealous of.. I took my car there dropped it off after a 10 hour drive of towing it there.. I got a call over a month later saying negative stuff about the turbo kit.. etc... Just in disbelief listening to David and Jrod complain.. They even made me pay Jarrod 50 bucks for picking me up at the airport as I come with a 14000 dollar bill.. I thought that was horrible and just wrong.. I know if I had a business and a customer spending that much coming I would drop and run for them.. But I got grief from them and then had to listen to jarrod rip on the ETS products the whole car ride. Well got to buschur and it continued from them all.. I not only got my parts taken off and put in the trunk not boxed up or anything just thrown in a pile.. looking at the parts some were ruined.. my intercooler was mint until I picked my car up and in the trunk ruined all my fins.. So I got my parts back ruined and didnt even get all them back.. They kept a bunch of stuff which I felt was horrible and pretty much stealing.. So I got the car drove it and I knew on my way home something was seriously wrong..I was able to get it home safely.. But after having my fellow mechanic inspect it all on a lift.. There was more stuff wrong with the car then I thought at first.. I not only had a big oil leak from a brand new stroker motor, I had meth taps all over because of them they didnt like where ETS put it so they made a new hole, and left a 3 inch bolt sticking out of the top of my uicp piping.. looked awful.. My tune was so bad It was cleared right away after David insisted he spend 3 hours on it.. more like zero time just got car running and handed it out.. I had to get it retuned and they said I was very lucky that this motor didnt fail and If i woudve waited any longer it wouldve gone.. They didnt even have a AFR on the dyno.. So the lack of them hooking up my aem serial gauge was just stupid... There is so much more it just gets me so frustrated when I talk about it.. but either way before my new tune was done we ran it on the dyno how buschur left the tune and how it was, was shocking just horrible.. How I got my car back after my new tune was amazing.. I feel they slapped me in the face with the 14K bill I spent there and the disappointment anger I have from them is just awful.. I dont understand there business tactics..
I know im one person that they could care less about but I feel the community should know about it.. I will never buy a buschur part ever again and I will tell anyone I know to avoid and never go there..
I can vouch for the way they treated the turbo kit from ETS as I bought it from him. I had to fill 2 holes Buschur tapped and stuck a bolt in. It was very shody work to say the least.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

I know they don't like to send tracking numbers.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Very interesting to listen to the other side of things.

For the camera mount, it is a $25 part, correct. Shipping it overnight to California would probalby cost $40. I heard Jarrod on the phone with you this morning actually when he told you he could not possibly upgrade free shipping to you on a small part. He may have said "petty" but I do not believe that is right, I remember his just saying "small". I spoke to you last week about it. I told you that the parts were not in yet, we were waiting on them to ship to us and when we got them we had to machine them and it would probably only take a day. I also told you I'd guess you could have it by the 17th ( I think that's when you said you had to have it), that is this Friday. This is a business, we have many cars here to build and many other parts to also build. If someone told you today it was going to be a few more days for them to get machined so we can ship it then it is quite obvious to me that there are other parts ahead of the camera mounts to get out. We have to put a priority on something and maybe stopping work on a head or an engine to machine a camera mount just isn't justified. It is a $25 part and while we appreciate the order for it the 50 phone calls we take on parts like that surely outweigh the $4 profit that we are going to make. We had marked on your invoice it was a priority already from when I spoke to you last week. The other 3 phone calls after that are really not needed. Good luck, I hope you locate an excellent camera mount and are very happy with it.

Typac, very interesting story. I am not aware of any of this, a phone call or an e-mail to us would have been nice so I could try to figure out what you were not happy with. I will cover some of it though. The airport for one. The airport is 1 hour from here. I have 2 sales guys and those two are really not enough most days when it is busy. Taxi's aren't free, buses aren't free. Jarrod took time out of his own day to come and get you in his own car and simply asked for $50 to pick you up. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I am most definetely not jealous of ETS or any other company, you are funny though. I do not know the details for your parts you hauled into us or what the details are. It is 7:50, I am at home and can not even ask someone what happened. Like I said, been nice to have had you contact someone here.

I will tell you this. When a car comes in with a lot of bad choices made, poor work that has been done in the past etc., it is very difficult to work on it and unless someone wants to pay for every extra minute we have to put into the car, they can not expect us to fix and repair all the other things that are wrong. In your case, it sounds like you came in for an engine/head and tuning. We get a lot of turbo kits that do not fit, need welding, need custom i/c pipes built to match up to our pipes or FMIC. If I told you I spent 3 hours on your tune then I did. If it left our shop it wasn't close to blowing up obviously I am not going to tune a car we just built poorly to have it come back and me warranty the engine in it.

The parts in the trunk, that is always an interesting one. Customers come in and want us to take apart an entire car and then pack it all back in there car. Packing an entire cars worth of old parts in a trunk DOES NOT FREAKING FIT! Putting it in a box means even LESS OF IT FITS. We then take the best parts, parts that can be resold or aftermarket parts and make it a priority to fit as much of it as we can in the trunk, AS REQUESTED BY THE CUSTOMERS. If we end up keeping parts it's old stock exhausts, stock batteries etc because they will not fit and are too dirty to pack in the car.

I have to be honest. If the people you know have a mess, parts that don't fit and want all their old stuff packed in boxes and put in their trunk, will make a nasty post full of BS without even bothering to contact me first, then yes, by all means, tell them not to come here.
David I find it funny you mentioning that the parts he selected didn't fit, as I have never installed a turbo kit ina Evo before. However the same exact it you had such a problem with I bought from Typac and put it on in my garage ina matter of hours. However the intercooler piping you fubarred up I had to take to a welder and have him fill the holes in it. As far as the camera mount if you said it would be there by the date HE NEEDED it and you said you made it a priority, regardless of wether you make $4 or $100 you should do what you said and get it to him don't you think?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Ok I will clarify my story since people want that.. So I decided to do my build with buschur.. did stroker cams double pump etc.. I took parts there that I got off the forums here to save some money since I put easy 15K in parts.. I bought a ETS turbo kit with all the piping from ETS the deal was to good to pass up... So me thinking it was awesome deal and all the buschur posts on how good they are etc.. I found out the hard way... Since tension grew between ETS and buschur and any other company buschur is jealous of.. I took my car there dropped it off after a 10 hour drive of towing it there.. I got a call over a month later saying negative stuff about the turbo kit.. etc... Just in disbelief listening to David and Jrod complain.. They even made me pay Jarrod 50 bucks for picking me up at the airport as I come with a 14000 dollar bill.. I thought that was horrible and just wrong.. I know if I had a business and a customer spending that much coming I would drop and run for them.. But I got grief from them and then had to listen to jarrod rip on the ETS products the whole car ride. Well got to buschur and it continued from them all.. I not only got my parts taken off and put in the trunk not boxed up or anything just thrown in a pile.. looking at the parts some were ruined.. my intercooler was mint until I picked my car up and in the trunk ruined all my fins.. So I got my parts back ruined and didnt even get all them back.. They kept a bunch of stuff which I felt was horrible and pretty much stealing.. So I got the car drove it and I knew on my way home something was seriously wrong..I was able to get it home safely.. But after having my fellow mechanic inspect it all on a lift.. There was more stuff wrong with the car then I thought at first.. I not only had a big oil leak from a brand new stroker motor, I had meth taps all over because of them they didnt like where ETS put it so they made a new hole, and left a 3 inch bolt sticking out of the top of my uicp piping.. looked awful.. My tune was so bad It was cleared right away after David insisted he spend 3 hours on it.. more like zero time just got car running and handed it out.. I had to get it retuned and they said I was very lucky that this motor didnt fail and If i woudve waited any longer it wouldve gone.. They didnt even have a AFR on the dyno.. So the lack of them hooking up my aem serial gauge was just stupid... There is so much more it just gets me so frustrated when I talk about it.. but either way before my new tune was done we ran it on the dyno how buschur left the tune and how it was, was shocking just horrible.. How I got my car back after my new tune was amazing.. I feel they slapped me in the face with the 14K bill I spent there and the disappointment anger I have from them is just awful.. I dont understand there business tactics..
I know im one person that they could care less about but I feel the community should know about it.. I will never buy a buschur part ever again and I will tell anyone I know to avoid and never go there..
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Very interesting to listen to the other side of things.

For the camera mount, it is a $25 part, correct. Shipping it overnight to California would probalby cost $40. I heard Jarrod on the phone with you this morning actually when he told you he could not possibly upgrade free shipping to you on a small part. He may have said "petty" but I do not believe that is right, I remember his just saying "small". I spoke to you last week about it. I told you that the parts were not in yet, we were waiting on them to ship to us and when we got them we had to machine them and it would probably only take a day. I also told you I'd guess you could have it by the 17th ( I think that's when you said you had to have it), that is this Friday. This is a business, we have many cars here to build and many other parts to also build. If someone told you today it was going to be a few more days for them to get machined so we can ship it then it is quite obvious to me that there are other parts ahead of the camera mounts to get out. We have to put a priority on something and maybe stopping work on a head or an engine to machine a camera mount just isn't justified. It is a $25 part and while we appreciate the order for it the 50 phone calls we take on parts like that surely outweigh the $4 profit that we are going to make. We had marked on your invoice it was a priority already from when I spoke to you last week. The other 3 phone calls after that are really not needed. Good luck, I hope you locate an excellent camera mount and are very happy with it.

Typac, very interesting story. I am not aware of any of this, a phone call or an e-mail to us would have been nice so I could try to figure out what you were not happy with. I will cover some of it though. The airport for one. The airport is 1 hour from here. I have 2 sales guys and those two are really not enough most days when it is busy. Taxi's aren't free, buses aren't free. Jarrod took time out of his own day to come and get you in his own car and simply asked for $50 to pick you up. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I am most definetely not jealous of ETS or any other company, you are funny though. I do not know the details for your parts you hauled into us or what the details are. It is 7:50, I am at home and can not even ask someone what happened. Like I said, been nice to have had you contact someone here.

I will tell you this. When a car comes in with a lot of bad choices made, poor work that has been done in the past etc., it is very difficult to work on it and unless someone wants to pay for every extra minute we have to put into the car, they can not expect us to fix and repair all the other things that are wrong. In your case, it sounds like you came in for an engine/head and tuning. We get a lot of turbo kits that do not fit, need welding, need custom i/c pipes built to match up to our pipes or FMIC. If I told you I spent 3 hours on your tune then I did. If it left our shop it wasn't close to blowing up obviously I am not going to tune a car we just built poorly to have it come back and me warranty the engine in it.

The parts in the trunk, that is always an interesting one. Customers come in and want us to take apart an entire car and then pack it all back in there car. Packing an entire cars worth of old parts in a trunk DOES NOT FREAKING FIT! Putting it in a box means even LESS OF IT FITS. We then take the best parts, parts that can be resold or aftermarket parts and make it a priority to fit as much of it as we can in the trunk, AS REQUESTED BY THE CUSTOMERS. If we end up keeping parts it's old stock exhausts, stock batteries etc because they will not fit and are too dirty to pack in the car.

I have to be honest. If the people you know have a mess, parts that don't fit and want all their old stuff packed in boxes and put in their trunk, will make a nasty post full of BS without even bothering to contact me first, then yes, by all means, tell them not to come here.

After reading all of this stuff, it seems to me like there is a little of everyone in the wrong and breakdowns in communication and disagreements in the way things work from different points of view.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, surprise. I could have guessed from the title this would end up a bashing thread.

As for the AMS comment, those guys are far worse in customer service.

A few examples of my own dealings. 1, I went to their open house last year when they first opened their new shop. I bought a t-shirt that I wanted, one for my dad, and a pair of undies for my gf. Well, while checking out I was trying to talk to Ivan, he then turned and started talking to another customer beside me in another language. Couldnt tell what it was though. But I thought that was quite rude,

Another situation, ordered a new pair of Russel adapter fittings from them for my Wilwood kit. They charged me $20 for shipping from Chicago to Ohio (6 hours away) for a part they could have put in a padded envelope and shipped for $2.

Needless to say, they havnt been the most pleasing to deal with over the phone.

Typac, I have never seen you say one Positive thing about buschur in the entire time Ive been on this forum. you are a typical hater that bashes everytime you get a opportunity. I highly doubt that your tune was going to blow up. I have seen Davids tunes on many cars, NONE of them are near blowing up. I have also seen some HACKED up tunes. daves tunes are no where near those.

To the OP, I was up there today and to say it was a little hectic woul be an understatement. nearly every time im up there it is hectic. As for coming off to being cocky/dicks on the phone. I know who you talked to. He is in no way that way. Anyone can sound rude over the phone. You cant judge someone over the phone. Hell, a 400 pound skank can sound like a 20 yr old blonde model over the phone. The shipping, I dont doubt it would be $40 to ship it. Overnight shipping is EXPENSIVE! As for them covering the shipping difference, that woulnt be feasable. You cant sell a $25 part and cover $40 for shipping. A business can survive when losing $15 on a sale.

Now it was a $1k intake and they had to cover an extra $20 on shipping, ok. but you cant expect a company to basically pay you $15 for a part.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, I love BR and all the great things he has done for the EVO community...but sometimes I think he doesn't preview his posts and think about what he says..
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Thats because he says what he thinks an feels. Hes not fake and cover up half the stuff like many vendors do. Thats why Ill only use their parts, hes honest an doesnt kiss anyone *** to get business. if he doesnt like you, he'll tell you!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Thats because he says what he thinks an feels. Hes not fake and cover up half the stuff like many vendors do. Thats why Ill only use their parts, hes honest an doesnt kiss anyone *** to get business. if he doesnt like you, he'll tell you!
Not the best way to do business, he should let his awesome products do the talking, but that's just me. Treating people a certain way can shy away many potential customers (remember Dave's thread about his new approach he'd be taking toward communication/customer service).
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63DSM
If you bought an ETS turbo kit, why didn't you have ETS install it?
maybe he's closer to buschur

Originally Posted by Excalibur
I know they don't like to send tracking numbers.
true

As for them covering the shipping difference, that woulnt be feasable. You cant sell a $25 part and cover $40 for shipping. A business can survive when losing $15 on a sale.

Now it was a $1k intake and they had to cover an extra $20 on shipping, ok. but you cant expect a company to basically pay you $15 for a part.
its not like they are doing this for every single one of their orders

while this trait is good and all, wasnt there a thread not too long ago where he claimed he was going to change his attitude?

Quick Reply: - BR rant/request-