Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

- BR rant/request-

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, he is changing his attitude, Ive been up there a few times and can definitely tell a change.

i understand its only one customer. but if you o it for one customer an the word gets out. You are going to have 100 people calling in go, i need my head made a stage 3 in 2 weeks. I dont care that your backed up a month, make me a priority. then they are going to be demanding free shipping saying you did it for so and so.

I already sent the op a message offering to help him out if he wants the help.

As for changing how he says things. I dont want him to stop speaking his mind. Hell, it saved me money when I got my build. I was originally going to go to AMS for my tune do to an argument I had with Buschur. they told me i needed cam gears, fuel rail, FPR, and electric boost controller. Well I took it to Buschur and he told me get rid of the stuff, I dont need it. At the time I was hoping for 500 hp. now Im at 600 hp and the rail is the only thing ive upgrade.

Id rather have Dave tell me a part is junk before hand, then be disappointed when a part I payed 2k for, sucks or fails.

Hes always led me the right way due to his honesty. While many shops tell you what you want to hear to make you happy, and sell parts. Dave says what he believes and what is best for you that he has learned though experience so it doesnt come out of your pocket. Unlike many others would do.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Yea, he is changing his attitude, Ive been up there a few times and can definitely tell a change.

i understand its only one customer. but if you o it for one customer an the word gets out. You are going to have 100 people calling in go, i need my head made a stage 3 in 2 weeks. I dont care that your backed up a month, make me a priority. then they are going to be demanding free shipping saying you did it for so and so.

I already sent the op a message offering to help him out if he wants the help.

As for changing how he says things. I dont want him to stop speaking his mind. Hell, it saved me money when I got my build. I was originally going to go to AMS for my tune do to an argument I had with Buschur. they told me i needed cam gears, fuel rail, FPR, and electric boost controller. Well I took it to Buschur and he told me get rid of the stuff, I dont need it. At the time I was hoping for 500 hp. now Im at 600 hp and the rail is the only thing ive upgrade.

Id rather have Dave tell me a part is junk before hand, then be disappointed when a part I payed 2k for, sucks or fails.

Hes always led me the right way due to his honesty. While many shops tell you what you want to hear to make you happy, and sell parts. Dave says what he believes and what is best for you that he has learned though experience so it doesnt come out of your pocket. Unlike many others would do.
And he can continue doing that. I don't think that's what people have a problem with. It's the way it comes across, that is. You can say you disagree with someone, respectfully. You'd be surprised how the same words can be said in many different ways or tones, and the outcome totally different.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by typac69
I would say hes not.. Your on there bandwagon.. not everyone has that privilege... Sucks when hard earned money gets treated poorly and they dont care as long as the cash is in there pocket and they have the upperhand on you signing a paper when picking something up to protect themselves with full knowledge on what they did and are handing out and what problems will occur and they just dont care.... They probably laugh at people that come there and they hand a car to a individual and they didnt put the full 100% into that vehicle.. Big difference where are these stories about AMS????? Thats right there are none...
Before I was on there what you call "bandwagon" I had nothing but excellent service from them.

AMS has there stories to, search for mostwanteds thread on his review on there lexon windows. I guess that's not the point here. The point here .. is your rediculus story about your tune and install sound like even more BS... I think your pi$$ed off you dropped 14k into your car and it's not what you thought it would be when you got it back, so you are looking for someone to blame cause you choosed a bad parts combination?
Also if your problem with BR is as bad as you say it was, I find it funny you never contacted them. I know DB pretty good and I would be willing to bet on my mothers grave he wouldn't blow you off if you weren't happy.

Just my 2 cents mang.

Last edited by vwjeff; Apr 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:05 PM
Account Disabled

I just wanted to add that in 7 years I have only had smooth dealings with Buschur Racing. They have always come through in an honest fashion and always been reliable and organized.

I feel the OP's pain about not having his camera mount in time.

If it was such a rush to get the camera mount he could have picked up the overnight shipping or at least offered to split it with Buschur as a compromise.

I hate these kind of threads.

Al
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
typac, this is all coming together pretty quickly for me now. You sir, are a liar. I have not ignored a PM from you, there is no way in hell I'd let something like this be ignored. Phone calls, that is possible as I do not come to the phone at the shop, it is very rare. Jarrod and Nick handle the phone BUT in a situation of something like this I'd have gotten a message about it, so you are not telling the truth. While you may be pissed off about how your car parts were packed in your trunk, or missing your ETS cardboard box or what your "tuner" told you about the quality of my tune I do see you have had no complaints about the actual engine/head or work done to the car. I also see you have a thread started talking about the loan you have on the car and how you are stripping the car down to a clean title shell to sell everything off.................makes me wonder what the real problem is, money? I don't know, as I said, it would have been nice to have been contacted, which you definetely did not.

sing1002, I only have two sales guys, Jarrod and Nick. There's not much secretive about who you spoke to and I'm glad as it is easier to take care of a problem. I WISH every single part was in stock at every single minute of the day, obviously we want to fill orders as quickly as possible and ship them out instantly. I will be sure you get your $25 back tomorrow when I go into work. From what I understood and overheard yesterday it wasn't a matter of IF we could get the part to you on time if you wanted it overnighted, it was that you thought the overnight fees were too much and we were responsible for getting it there on time. That is why you were told it was a "small" item and we just couldn't do it on something like that.

As for the statement about moderators locking threads like this. Unlike what many of you think about these forums, unless something gets out of hand the mods just don't lock threads to protect us vendors. I do not want it locked, many other vendors hit the report button and request it. I personally have nothing to hide. I get the other side of the story out there and then you guys can decide for yourself to do business with us or not. There was a thread last week about a guy who said we screwed him out of his trans rebuild..........pictures, videos and such were posted from both sides and it ended up the thread got very quiet after proving the guy to be an uninformed flat out liar. Rather than locking it and crying to a moderator, I responded, proved he was wrong and in my opinion that is much better than covering it up.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

My attitude has changed, I didn't tell anyone to kill them self in this thread or do anything nasty with my dog. I responded in a truthful manner to the two negative posts made. I can have a new attitude and not be nasty but I can't change into an *** kisser, it's just not my style. This is as nice as I am going to get, if speaking the truth is not nice enough, well then I am just not going to make everyone happy.

As for Typac's build. I already said I do not know what the case was with the car. Based on the information of what he put out there I was taking some guesses. I said I see turbo kits come in that do not fit, need welding etc. I don't know what the exact problems were BECAUSE HE HAS NEVER CONTACTED ANYONE HERE ABOUT THEM. I am/was only going off the short story of his parts being in his trunk and ETS being bad mouthed. IF he has bothered to ever contact us about any of this I would know the story and if he HAD contacted us I'm sure he would not be making his negative post. If you all will note not once did he say he said a word to us about the car in his first post. It wasn't until I pointed out he never contacted us that he said I ignored his PM's and phone calls, which I say is 100% lies. That would be flat out stupid on my part because then it leads to something like this.

Also, Typac, thank YOU for posting our BBB report! I guess you didn't read it. The BBB has a reporting system based on an A through F scale. We have been in business 20 years. We have an A-. There are two reports posted. One which was closed and the other which is listed as resolved. I do not know what the closed one is but the one that was resolved was a customer jumping the gun about his repair work not being done fast enough. Much like the camera mount that was cancelled today by the OP but still doesn't need it until Friday................
Old Apr 14, 2009, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Am a customer living half way across the world in Kuwait, and all of my mods from Buschur Racing. I never had any problems with them, their customer service is one of the best, and also some of my friends bought parts from Buschur Racing and they're very happy with the parts and the service.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
Before I was on there what you call "bandwagon" I had nothing but excellent service from them.

AMS has there stories to, search for mostwanteds thread on his review on there lexon windows. I guess that's not the point here. The point here .. is your rediculus story about your tune and install sound like even more BS... I think your pi$$ed off you dropped 14k into your car and it's not what you thought it would be when you got it back, so you are looking for someone to blame cause you choosed a bad parts combination?
Also if your problem with BR is as bad as you say it was, I find it funny you never contacted them. I know DB pretty good and I would be willing to bet on my mothers grave he wouldn't blow you off if you weren't happy.

Just my 2 cents mang.
No the story is definantly true as I have the kit they hacked up. As I said before I put it on in my garage by myself with NO issues. It was a perfect fitment. The problem was it was ETS vs BR and its well known how he feels about anything not Buschur. Granted they make great parts and fast cars, however other compoanies do as well! He didn't choose bad parts unless you just don't like ETS and BR Every vendor will have some bad reviews period you can't please everyone. All you can do is your best to do the right thing.I can't vouch for the tune however I CAN vouch for the install of the turbo kit only!!

Last edited by slvrr; Apr 14, 2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We have to put a priority on something and maybe stopping work on a head or an engine to machine a camera mount just isn't justified. It is a $25 part and while we appreciate the order for it the 50 phone calls we take on parts like that surely outweigh the $4 profit that we are going to make.
Well, I'll tell you what, maybe this guy had 400-500$ invested in a track day and wanted it documented on video for his own purposes. If he was told something, that something should be stuck to....not well, if we have a head to machine that will make us way money then that is what we are going to do. As a result, this customer, who chose you for his purchase of a SMALL 25$ item will definitely not be calling you when he wants to spend 6,000$ on a built engine and head. ...and I'm sure all of his friends will think twice.

I know you are in business to make money, but this is such a blatant example of only being concerned about money vs how REAL people on the other side of the phone are being treated that it surprises me you even admitted it.

Last edited by sprx19; Apr 14, 2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

I spoke with Jarrod this morning about the camera mount. It was not Jarrod that you spoke to, as you said. Nick is not in yet. Regardless, nothing was PROMISED sprx19. The parts have been on back order for quite some time. We have not PROMISED to get any camera mounts to anywhere. We just got the parts in yesterday, they now have to be machined. Apparently Nick said it was going to be a few days before they were done, which sounds reasonable to me. My point was we were not dropping what we were doing the instant they showed up to get the camera mounts done. They fall in line with everything else. I spoke with Ted this morning, the guy who actually has to machine them, and he told me Nick told him to make it a priority yesterday and it was the first job on his list this morning.

So it seems this was taken care of before I even got involved...........that's how things work here. The camera mounts will be shipping out of here today for the orders that are still placed. So our estimate we gave last week and this week of still getting the mount to Califormia by Friday seems to have been correct. Rather that waiting, it got blown out of proportion and the order was cancelled.

typac, I spoke with Steve and Daniel this morning. Neither of them can remember much about the job, just too many cars come through here. The only thing Steve can remember is the two nipples installed on the i/c pipe that he took the vacuum caps off of to plug and ran a nice hose from one side to the other so it would never leak, is that the right car? The oil cooler you said you didn't get back, was thrown in the garbage, we never re-use them and wouldn't suggest anyone else doing it either. I'm not sure what else wasn't returned but as I said, it probably wouldn't fit or we thought of it as garbage and tossed it. Either way, it would have been nice to have been contacted about it. My tuning has spoken for itself thousands of times and I already addressed that.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
typac69: As David mentioned... EVERY customer I pickup from the airport (and I do pick up alot of people) I normally do on my own time and the airport is about an hour from the shop here depending on traffic. I live 25min in the opposite direction of the shop so the airport is a GOOD hour and a half from me. I pay for all my own gas, car repairs, tires, etc.... Maybe a $100+ cab ride would have been better for you to take.

As for me "ripping" on ETS products..... that is news to me to be quite honest. I do not recall any ETS "ripping" going on in the car nor here at the shop as that is not normally something I/we concern ourselves with. I am an honest person and will say what I think, admit to something I said if its brought up or whatever the case may be. I do not say anything behind anyone's back that I would not say to their face. My integrity and honesty is something I am very passionate about.

If I make a mistake I own up to it. Do not spread false information about me.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sing1002
i'm wondering if anyone else had the same bad customer treatment from Buschur Racing.

i ordered a camera mount last month for a track meet this coming sunday (4/19). the camera mount was 'out of stock' (which could happen, of course - but they never updated their website saying that it was out of stock) so i sent them emails with concerns that i needed them by the 19 of april. a corrispondent (sales rep A)assured me that i could receive them by then, so i never thought of looking for another camera mount.

however, i was getting increasingly worried that i wasn't getting the mount because there was less than a week's worth of time. so i gave them a call today and spoke to another rep (sales rep B), saying that he got them in today and wont be able to ship them out for a few days. then he told me that i unless i upgrade to a next-day shipping, which he said would cost around $40, i wouldn't get them. his tone and attitude was uneasy, so i called again, asking for sales rep A. sales rep B picked up the phone and insisted that he can resolve it and that sales rep A should not be bothered. so i told him that it was me again, and requested if anything could be done, since i've waited more than necessary and that i was assured i could get the mount. sales rep B said he 'can't compensate the shipping for such a petty item' (exact words) and he'll see what he can do AFTER the mount has been assembled (taking a few days). then i asked to cancel the order, since i'll have no use for it if it arrives after the track. sales rep B responded with a VERY annoyed/aggrivated voice, then hung up the phone without confirming the cancellation. ......and i dare not call back.

the camera mount cost $25, and it really is a petty thing to be complaining about, but i am now mountless for this track meet. so does anyone know where i can buy a camera mount and have it shipped to me (riverside, ca) within a week? or perhaps somewhere near here where i can go buy it in person? or anybody selling their camera mount?

thanks

Here is the story so it is known. The customer made this order online for the camera mount on 3-29-09. Which was a Sunday and we were not working that day of course.. We did not have them instock which I had emailed him on 3-30-09 telling him this. On his online order there was no mention of a certain date this was needed by to make a race or anything of that sort. The camera mount pieces were on order and we were just awaiting them to arrive. Now the company we get them from is not the fastest and since no one gave me any date they needed thiers by I let it go at contacting each customer to let them know it would be 5-10 business days before we had them here and get them ready to ship. Now it was 11 business days yesterday that we got them as we were not here for Good Friday. Now in my opinion that is good customer service, as in I gave him almost to the day when I would have them and be able to get them out.

Now, he had spoke to David from what he said via PM's. I have not seen the pm's or anything but, from what was said David had told him we could get it to him by Friday. Now, when I talked to him yesterday I told yes we could get it to him by Friday but, it would most likely require a upgraded shipping. At that point I told him they would be done within the next day. I told him he would have to pay for upgraded shipping but, I also told him let me get the first one done ASAP and I would call him to tell him what the upgraded shipping would be. It would most likely have to be a 2 day air or three day but, the three day air is not guaranteed by UPS. The only way it would have had to go NDA would have been if I did not have them done untill Thursday. Which I told him it should not take that long. We left it at that and the order was still on.

He then had a woman call me back and speak with me about sending this out and covering the shipping charges which depending on the way they wanted it shipped I may have done but, the only option she had given me to do this was a NDA. I simply explained to her that I am not willing to pay for next day air which was a base cost $41.07. Also, according to my last update with UPS Worldship unless I read this wrong UPS also adds 17% for fuel surcharges as it of course must go via airways. The total cost to us to ship this would be $48.05. The part cost $25.00. Which was a loss of $23.05. I explained to her I was not willing to lose $23.05 for something that was ordered, then told to the customer it was on back order and was going to be shipped out within the time frame I had told him originally. She then told me to cancel the order and hung up the phone.

In the end I believe the main problem was the customer did not contact me directly, the person who handles all of the online ordering and orders that leave here. He contacted David who does not do the online ordering order processing nor the shipping. Now we try to get everyone the parts they need as fast as we can which is why I always contact people about parts that we do not have instock or will be a few days.

I called the customer this morning and spoke with him, sorry for waking you up sir. He has gotten another mount and in the end I would still like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please take note from this thread though, if you place an order online or over the phone and are contacted by Jarrod, David or myself please respond to the person who you were contact by rather than a third party. Thank you for your time and patience in reading this.

Edit: Thanks to Jarrod for being my spell check wizard! LOL

Last edited by Nick@Buschurs; Apr 14, 2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, surprise. I could have guessed from the title this would end up a bashing thread.

As for the AMS comment, those guys are far worse in customer service.

A few examples of my own dealings. 1, I went to their open house last year when they first opened their new shop. I bought a t-shirt that I wanted, one for my dad, and a pair of undies for my gf. Well, while checking out I was trying to talk to Ivan, he then turned and started talking to another customer beside me in another language. Couldnt tell what it was though. But I thought that was quite rude,

Another situation, ordered a new pair of Russel adapter fittings from them for my Wilwood kit. They charged me $20 for shipping from Chicago to Ohio (6 hours away) for a part they could have put in a padded envelope and shipped for $2.

Needless to say, they havnt been the most pleasing to deal with over the phone.

Typac, I have never seen you say one Positive thing about buschur in the entire time Ive been on this forum. you are a typical hater that bashes everytime you get a opportunity. I highly doubt that your tune was going to blow up. I have seen Davids tunes on many cars, NONE of them are near blowing up. I have also seen some HACKED up tunes. daves tunes are no where near those.

To the OP, I was up there today and to say it was a little hectic woul be an understatement. nearly every time im up there it is hectic. As for coming off to being cocky/dicks on the phone. I know who you talked to. He is in no way that way. Anyone can sound rude over the phone. You cant judge someone over the phone. Hell, a 400 pound skank can sound like a 20 yr old blonde model over the phone. The shipping, I dont doubt it would be $40 to ship it. Overnight shipping is EXPENSIVE! As for them covering the shipping difference, that woulnt be feasable. You cant sell a $25 part and cover $40 for shipping. A business can survive when losing $15 on a sale.

Now it was a $1k intake and they had to cover an extra $20 on shipping, ok. but you cant expect a company to basically pay you $15 for a part.
Typically I would think we do not belong in here but since we were brought up...

Ivan doesn't speak another language...are you sure it was him? I am sorry you felt you were mistreated but our open house is pretty big (500 plus people typically) and it's hard to not be constantly interrupted. I assure you we meant no disrespect buy it.

As far as the shipping I completely agree that our rates in the past were high because we only used UPS. Now for smaller items we use usps as you mentioned above. Like any company we learn and grow and I am very sorry that you feel as thought you were cheated.

As far as customer service on the phone we try to be as courteous as possible and sometimes in our haste for trying to assist everyone we might come off as a bit short or cold. I assure you that is not our intention and we do sincerely apologize.

I would love the opportunity to make it up to you if you are up to it. If not all I can say is sorry and that we have learned from experiences like yours.

On topic, some people think there is this rift of sorts between AMS & Buschur, like it can be AMS or Buschur and not both. It was even brought up in here, as soon as something Buschur is brought up its immediately compared to AMS. Its great how you both think about one when you think about the other. However much of this "divide" is really just created out of thin air and hype. I hate to break it to some of you but the two of us actually get along. So to the hardcore AMS supporters and the hardcore Buschur supporters I would kindly ask you to stop countering arguments by using the other shop as ammo. Positive reviews are great but too often I read threads where hardcore fans on either side are always quick to jump in and instigate a fight. Sometimes I read threads like this and its like reading about fans of two sports teams that are huge rivals. If you only knew the two sides talk pretty much daily and help each other out whenever they can.

I can't comment on this particular situation simply based on my lack of information but I can say Nick is a good guy and has helped me out a couple of times just as I have for him. I hope you get it all worked out in the end.

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Apr 14, 2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Well David looked like you were in the wrong jumping into my thread where did your post go???? Thats right removed and you got reprimanded for your ethics.. Im not a liar you sir are.. The mods know my full story from months ago and are disgusted with you if you cant tell.. I guess for you to be honest and truthful his hard for you.. Youve not changed one bit at all.. Like I said David where are these stories about AMS???? There are zero you only see these threads pop up about you and your company thats not right and its disgusting that your ok with it and attack the way you do... To ams they dont want this and they dont have this they take care of there customers no matter who they are and what they have on there car.. Thats the difference between the two companies... You need to change your attitude as a person and as a business owner and realize this is hard earned money and you just dont care.. Its disgusting how you even attack your own customers makes me want to puke.. What business attacks there own customers???? not many because they dont let it get to the point that you do.. They avoid and make sure there customers are happy and satisfied which you my friend do not... Thats the huge difference and until that happens you havent changed at all and your the liar saying theres change... What about the BBB website look up ams all that... there are zero reports but for yours theres been problems and there still is problems with you.. Thats my huge point here you say there is change but there isnt even one... You attack me the way you did and do after I spend 14K there is appauling to me... ANd I hope shows alot of people how you "actually" run a business/treat your customers...
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, surprise. I could have guessed from the title this would end up a bashing thread.

As for the AMS comment, those guys are far worse in customer service.

A few examples of my own dealings. 1, I went to their open house last year when they first opened their new shop. I bought a t-shirt that I wanted, one for my dad, and a pair of undies for my gf. Well, while checking out I was trying to talk to Ivan, he then turned and started talking to another customer beside me in another language. Couldnt tell what it was though. But I thought that was quite rude,

Lolz, you buying an AMS shirt.....

Scorke

Quick Reply: - BR rant/request-